[S][CORAL] [Mayl] Descendant 12.1

Search This thread

ny-hardcore

Jan 21, 2006
Descendant 12.1 May update is rolling out.

Bug Fixes:
Solved an issue with quick unlock;
Solved an issue with lockscreen pin layout scramble;
Solved an issue with Ambient Light that wasn't correctly showing the style selection icon when in Light Theme;
Solved a graphical issue that was showing an arrow across Google dashboard tab in Settings;
Solved an issue with Airplane Mode that was preventing QS header to be correctly displayed;
Solved an issue that was preventing Notification Chips to correctly work;
Solved an issue that was preventing Status bar tuner to correctly hide volume icon;
Solved an issue with SafetyNet.

Improvements:
Improved weather icon transition between Always On Display/Ambient Mode to lockscreen;
Improved alarm widget positioning over lockscreen;
Improved user interface for clock theme selection which will now show real previews;
Improved user interface for Ambient Lights which will now show real previews;
Improved double tap to wake/sleep transition animation when in Always On Display.
Sorted all gesture related activity under Settings -> Gestures
Added full translation for Telugu language

New Features:
Added all available options to be assigned on both lockscreen buttons;
Added the ability to center clocks on lockscreen;
Added "Pulse to Wake" option for double tap to wake gesture under Settings -> Gestures;
Added Data Tile to quickly switch SIM data;
Added Caffeine Tile to keep the device awake;
Added Visual Feedback in Settings -> Accessibility, which allows visual feedback via flashlight blinking for notifications or calls
Added privacy dots option to be shown only for user app (whitelisting system) under Settings -> Privacy

Interface changes:
Lock/unlock Icon on lockscreen has been moved on top (except when an UDFP is enrolled)

Security patches level
May 2022

Downloads at http://downloads.descendant.me

Liuyougen

Aug 9, 2018
Changed it and added a fuzzy background

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-224251_Pixel 启动器.png
    Screenshot_20220516-224251_Pixel 启动器.png
    727.6 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
The last version I was on had separate wifi toggle. I didn't realize it was phased out. Is it code that was altered by 12.1's base? Will that be coming back? I forgot how convenient it was versus 12's actual 'internet' toggle.

The last version I was on had separate wifi toggle. I didn't realize it was phased out. Is it code that was altered by 12.1's base? Will that be coming back? I forgot how convenient it was versus 12's actual 'internet' toggle.
Check post 46 in this forum, page 3 (my post), see if this still works (I'm on LOS now so I can't test/confirm but it did when I posted it). As much as I love google and their new ideas, but I also HATE the dumb WiFi tile, DUMBEST move EVER!!

adb shell settings put global settings_provider_model false
adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)"

Reactions: japanicana83
same here. back to stock for now
I was able to get it to work by making sure I waited the 20 seconds each time, (if it failed). When I didn't wait or do the captcha correctly, is when it failed (EVERY TIME). When I first tried, it error'd same as you report, but if I refresh the download page, then wait the 20 seconds, then do the captcha, click the pics, then OK, then the DL link worked but that captcha hiccup is KEY to success.

I just did a fresh test, waiting 20 seconds, then confirm captcha, and both ROM/BOOT DL (here is a pic and date showing right now). The CAPTCHA IS CRUCIAL and the KEY issue:

5-26-2022 11-05-33 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Curiousn00b

Adding on to the download thing...

The speeds aren't the best, but I'd recommend downloading the boot IMG first maybe since it's a smaller file, then download the rom.

Through my experience, I've noticed that the boot.img never downloads if the rom is being downloaded simultaneously. One has to be downloaded fully before downloading the other to avoid errors.

My damned phone just updated itself to a12 stock ?! Anybody else have this happen?
HUH, how would that be possible without allowing an OTA to official firmware but no, didn't happen here. I'd wait a few and see if anyone else reports anything but that should not happen. I didn't dev this ROM so I can't comment on the update source, but I'd be shocked if that caused it. More likely an issue somewhere in your device, and possibly wasn't cleaned properly so the secondary slot took over.

Fastboot and change the slot to opposite of what's set now, then reboot and test/confirm. You might have just switched update slots (which is how Google intended updates). They apply to the secondary slot, then on boot, applies the update and runs from that slot. I'd definitely check if you switched slots but your original descendant ROM is still there, working, but lying in wait thinking the other slot is primary.

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
HUH, how would that be possible without allowing an OTA to official firmware but no, didn't happen here. I'd wait a few and see if anyone else reports anything but that should not happen. I didn't dev this ROM so I can't comment on the update source, but I'd be shocked if that caused it. More likely an issue somewhere in your device, and possibly wasn't cleaned properly so the secondary slot took over.

Fastboot and change the slot to opposite of what's set now, then reboot and test/confirm. You might have just switched update slots (which is how Google intended updates). They apply to the secondary slot, then on boot, applies the update and runs from that slot. I'd definitely check if you switched slots but your original descendant ROM is still there, working, but lying in wait thinking the other slot is primary.
Think I found the culprit. Sev settings, allow automatic OTA /install on restart . Fml

Think I found the culprit. Sev settings, allow automatic OTA /install on restart . Fml
Dev options always have that by default, BUT you can't get an update without seeing it in the background (before you reboot). So I'm not convinced yet that's what happened.

Have you rebooted to BL, switched to the other slot and reboot? Chances are that's your only issue and assuming you didn't touch /data, means it would return back to normal. I truly suspect you're only running the STOCK firmware on the opposite slot, but you can manually change back to the other slot. You should REALLY REALLY REALLY check and test that NOW before you lose anything.

Plus, if that's NOT the cause, reboot to BL, swap slots back, and undone. You're risking your data and OS if you continue down the path you're on but not checking the simple slot boot order. What you say happened REALLY sounds like nothing more than an update swapping slots but stock is on the other slot so you're booting that stock slot.

If you need help, IE code/syntax, let me know and I'll walk you through it but it's as easy as can be and won't take more than a minute to do, test, and undo if needed.

Reactions: Xdevillived666

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
Dev options always have that by default, BUT you can't get an update without seeing it in the background (before you reboot). So I'm not convinced yet that's what happened.

Have you rebooted to BL, switched to the other slot and reboot? Chances are that's your only issue and assuming you didn't touch /data, means it would return back to normal. I truly suspect you're only running the STOCK firmware on the opposite slot, but you can manually change back to the other slot. You should REALLY REALLY REALLY check and test that NOW before you lose anything.

Plus, if that's NOT the cause, reboot to BL, swap slots back, and undone. You're risking your data and OS if you continue down the path you're on but not checking the simple slot boot order. What you say happened REALLY sounds like nothing more than an update swapping slots but stock is on the other slot so you're booting that stock slot.

If you need help, IE code/syntax, let me know and I'll walk you through it but it's as easy as can be and won't take more than a minute to do, test, and undo if needed.
I don't have a PC by me atm. Will have to change active partition once I'm home

I don't have a PC by me atm. Will have to change active partition once I'm home
cool, I would almost bet my Harley on it that's the cause (UNLESS UNLESS UNLESS) you SAW the updater in the background working, and didn't note it. I doubt it, because you'd notice it. That being said, a slot swap happens time to time, and resembles what you noted (stock OS from an upgrade coming from 3rd party custom ROM). That's technically not possible unless the dev coded the Google OTA service (which again, I don't think is possible), bit it might be possible (IDK, never tried it, no need), BUT swapping SLOTs, most definitely is possible. I have had it happen years ago, and at first, I was shaking my head (Pixel 2 XL) and was like, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?! It wasn't until I figured out they went to SLOT A/B for seamless updates (example, OS runs from SLOT A, updates to SLOT B in the background, then reboot activates SLOT B --> normally the SAME but updated OS), not stock.

When I prep/clean a device, I format userdata + system on BOTH slots (fastboot), then do the official Google firmware to BOTH slots (I interrupt the reboot at the end of the firmware flash) and reboot to BL, then do the factory firmware on the other slot. This not only cleans sys/data, but ALSO forces down the firmware to BOTH partitions (SLOT A/B) so its always cleaned and ship shop shape!

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
cool, I would almost bet my Harley on it that's the cause (UNLESS UNLESS UNLESS) you SAW the updater in the background working, and didn't note it. I doubt it, because you'd notice it. That being said, a slot swap happens time to time, and resembles what you noted (stock OS from an upgrade coming from 3rd party custom ROM). That's technically not possible unless the dev coded the Google OTA service (which again, I don't think is possible), bit it might be possible (IDK, never tried it, no need), BUT swapping SLOTs, most definitely is possible. I have had it happen years ago, and at first, I was shaking my head (Pixel 2 XL) and was like, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?! It wasn't until I figured out they went to SLOT A/B for seamless updates (example, OS runs from SLOT A, updates to SLOT B in the background, then reboot activates SLOT B --> normally the SAME but updated OS), not stock.

When I prep/clean a device, I format userdata + system on BOTH slots (fastboot), then do the official Google firmware to BOTH slots (I interrupt the reboot at the end of the firmware flash) and reboot to BL, then do the factory firmware on the other slot. This not only cleans sys/data, but ALSO forces down the firmware to BOTH partitions (SLOT A/B) so its always cleaned and ship shop shape!
slot swap didnt help. it has indeed been updated

slot swap didnt help. it has indeed been updated
Then you def would've/should've seen it, IDK but that's not usual, normal, or anything I have ever seen before (a true move to an official firmware from 3rd party ROM) and not have data colliosion issues everywhere (FC apps, missing data, data corruption, ETC). Are you dead sure you changed the slot from A to B, or B to A? Regardless I would test BOTH slots again, set slot A as primary, boot, if still stock, reboot to BL, set B then boot, if its still set, IDK what ya did, this never happened to me from descendant (but I dont EVER take an OTA), I do them ALL manually and flash the ROM, but not OTA update so who knows, maybe I am dead wrong and there was missed OTA setting in the code the dev missed.

I wont speak for him, but I cant help if you are now on stock. If its truly stock, rollback, wipe, flash ROM and start over and don't use OTAs anymore. Personally I would backup EVERYTHING NOW before you lose it and I'll defer to the dev on that possiblity (descendant to STOCK from OTA), but I'd backup TXT / MMS / PICs / SDCard ASAP!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Descendant 12.1 May update is rolling out.

Bug Fixes:
    Solved an issue with quick unlock;
    Solved an issue with lockscreen pin layout scramble;
    Solved an issue with Ambient Light that wasn't correctly showing the style selection icon when in Light Theme;
    Solved a graphical issue that was showing an arrow across Google dashboard tab in Settings;
    Solved an issue with Airplane Mode that was preventing QS header to be correctly displayed;
    Solved an issue that was preventing Notification Chips to correctly work;
    Solved an issue that was preventing Status bar tuner to correctly hide volume icon;
    Solved an issue with SafetyNet.

Improvements:
    Improved weather icon transition between Always On Display/Ambient Mode to lockscreen;
    Improved alarm widget positioning over lockscreen;
    Improved user interface for clock theme selection which will now show real previews;
    Improved user interface for Ambient Lights which will now show real previews;
    Improved double tap to wake/sleep transition animation when in Always On Display.
    Sorted all gesture related activity under Settings -> Gestures
    Added full translation for Telugu language

New Features:
    Added all available options to be assigned on both lockscreen buttons;
    Added the ability to center clocks on lockscreen;
    Added "Pulse to Wake" option for double tap to wake gesture under Settings -> Gestures;
    Added Data Tile to quickly switch SIM data;
    Added Caffeine Tile to keep the device awake;
    Added Visual Feedback in Settings -> Accessibility, which allows visual feedback via flashlight blinking for notifications or calls
    Added privacy dots option to be shown only for user app (whitelisting system) under Settings -> Privacy

Interface changes:
    Lock/unlock Icon on lockscreen has been moved on top (except when an UDFP is enrolled)

Security patches level
    May 2022

Downloads at http://downloads.descendant.me
    Look forward to the update in April
    May update is out for those unaware. 👍
    Descendant 12 February update is rolling out.

Bug fixes

Solved an issue that was truncating weather output into QS Panel
    Fixed an issue with Gesture Magic that was erroneously triggering vibration mode

Improvements
    Improved volume panel active volume stream detection
    Improved in-display fingerprint efficiency
    Improved some game performances that were brand-exclusives (ex. COD Mobile at 120FPS in multiplayer)
    Added full translations for the following languages:
    Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish

Interface changes
    QS Tiles have been restyled.
    Old Android 12 style can be found in:
    Settings ->Display (or in the Customization Accessibility Dashboard if enabled)
    Updated styles for Descendant Apps

Quick settings header layout has been restyled

New features

Disable privacy chips allowing only the dot to be spawned, added in : Settings > Privacy
    Double tap on the back (quick tap) gesture (on eligible devices), added in: Settings > Gestures

Customization Accessibility Dashboard, AIO customization fragment available as a Settings main page entry afgter enabling it in: Settings > Accessibility > Customization Accessibility Dashboard

Security patches level
    5 Feb 2022
    Any photos of it in action? Demonstrations of key features? I don't have telegram but I guess I'll finally make one to peruse the features. Good work on your ROM, I'll give it a whirl!
    There's some screenshots in the site: https://descendant.me/media/