[S][CORAL] [Mayl] Descendant 12.1

Search This thread

QbanXpress

Nov 1, 2011
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 7
I love the classics as well....seems we all have similar tastes
Nah it's all good, I just don't like to give information without facts and I usually have them handy, this one's throwing me but I'll get it in time. Yeah pixel 4 forums are slower, I think people upgrade/move on but I'm keeping mine until it dies or doesn't do something I need it to do. I love my pixel 4xl, I had em all so far and I buy them from Google so they're always unlocked and this one's the best of em all so far
Im the same way but now I buy all my phones through Amazon refurb and they come.brand new and unlocked as well for a fraction of the cost. It does mean I'm always a year or two behind releases but I can live with that cause all my money goes to my car and fam 😂

What's the flashing instructions? I just got my 4xl and haven't flashed a rom since a10
Flash boot.img, boot to recovery, factory reset, then still in recovery, sideload, then push it from PC. Use the LOS instructions up to GAPPs, don't flash GAPPs, they're included. Once sideload is done, reboot to OS and setup.

I like to always flash the matching firmware and format userdata+system beforehand but it's not necessary. I wrote about it this forum or one of them with steps to clean and install so if you need more help, it's in the forums.

Last edited:

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
Flash boot.img, boot to recovery, factory reset, then still in recovery, sideload, then push it from PC. Use the LOS instructions up to GAPPs, don't flash GAPPs, they're included. Once sideload is done, reboot to OS and setup.

I like to always flash the matching firmware and format userdata+system beforehand but it's not necessary. I wrote about it this forum or one of them with steps to clean and install so if you need more help, it's in the forums.
Ok I'll look for it. Because I kinda forgot the flash scripts and few details. Haven't done this in a while

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6

Hey I can't get signal? Any idea? Only WiFi

How did you get 4 columns for QS tiles?
Use the Pixel Add-on (lite) - MAGISK module, this adds ROM control, in there, themes, and you can set 2/3/4/5:

messages_0.jpeg

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
huh, do you have a physical SIM? I never saw that before so I dont really know whats going on or how you set it up, ETC., so I cant really help without a LOT more information from you, mainly the install process, and SIM.
I just followed the op, rebooted and displayed the setting for 2diff sims. When I only have one for this phone.
I had one install and said I had full signal, but apps wonuldd say no signal

I just followed the op, rebooted and displayed the setting for 2diff sims. When I only have one for this phone.
I had one install and said I had full signal, but apps wonuldd say no signal
ok but you didnt answer the quesiton, 2 SIMs, or 1, location, ETC. Something weird happened for you, but no one else that I have read or heard of anywhere, I uses descendant for a few weeks, and NEVER once had a signal or mobile issue so are you sure its not just the data being disabled? IDK what to say, this is not usual at all...

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
ok but you didnt answer the quesiton, 2 SIMs, or 1, location, ETC. Something weird happened for you, but no one else that I have read or heard of anywhere, I uses descendant for a few weeks, and NEVER once had a signal or mobile issue so are you sure its not just the data being disabled? IDK what to say, this is not usual at all...
So I physically have 1 sim slot. Verizon sim that's working fine on cr. However I had to reflash cr. Because I didn't get signal

So I physically have 1 sim slot. Verizon sim that's working fine on cr. However I had to reflash cr. Because I didn't get signal
So then it works in CR, not here, and do you mean DATA, if so, did you check it was enabled. Its a dumb question I know, but LOS disables by default, and since you can get it working under CR, something is up with the install or afterwards process.

No one else, including me, had any mobile issues, so I assumed you were overseas or something, but not on the same verizon service as me, same phone as me, and in the USA (assuming), so theres no difference except the process used, or after build. Please explain what you faced because I dont understand if it was a full out mobile issue (no calls/texts/data), or you had everything (RIL calls/texts) but no mobile data. The latter (no mobile data) would make sense as its disabled by default on some ROMs.

If its an all out signal, then most likely your APNs got screwed up, that would definitely cause a mobile outage that no one else has. Reset APNs to default (verizon) and set the global/ETC, and you would be fine, but I havent had to force set those in many devices (Pixel 2XL was the last time) so IDK what happened, but the ROM itself, isnt the cause:

index.jpg
index2.jpg

If you are happy with CR, then all is well, but if you want to get back onto another ROM, I can help but we will have to schedule it so you dont have downtime with RIL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curiousn00b

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Descendant 12.1 May update is rolling out.

Bug Fixes:
    Solved an issue with quick unlock;
    Solved an issue with lockscreen pin layout scramble;
    Solved an issue with Ambient Light that wasn't correctly showing the style selection icon when in Light Theme;
    Solved a graphical issue that was showing an arrow across Google dashboard tab in Settings;
    Solved an issue with Airplane Mode that was preventing QS header to be correctly displayed;
    Solved an issue that was preventing Notification Chips to correctly work;
    Solved an issue that was preventing Status bar tuner to correctly hide volume icon;
    Solved an issue with SafetyNet.

Improvements:
    Improved weather icon transition between Always On Display/Ambient Mode to lockscreen;
    Improved alarm widget positioning over lockscreen;
    Improved user interface for clock theme selection which will now show real previews;
    Improved user interface for Ambient Lights which will now show real previews;
    Improved double tap to wake/sleep transition animation when in Always On Display.
    Sorted all gesture related activity under Settings -> Gestures
    Added full translation for Telugu language

New Features:
    Added all available options to be assigned on both lockscreen buttons;
    Added the ability to center clocks on lockscreen;
    Added "Pulse to Wake" option for double tap to wake gesture under Settings -> Gestures;
    Added Data Tile to quickly switch SIM data;
    Added Caffeine Tile to keep the device awake;
    Added Visual Feedback in Settings -> Accessibility, which allows visual feedback via flashlight blinking for notifications or calls
    Added privacy dots option to be shown only for user app (whitelisting system) under Settings -> Privacy

Interface changes:
    Lock/unlock Icon on lockscreen has been moved on top (except when an UDFP is enrolled)

Security patches level
    May 2022

Downloads at http://downloads.descendant.me
    Look forward to the update in April
    May update is out for those unaware. 👍
    Descendant 12 February update is rolling out.

Bug fixes

Solved an issue that was truncating weather output into QS Panel
    Fixed an issue with Gesture Magic that was erroneously triggering vibration mode

Improvements
    Improved volume panel active volume stream detection
    Improved in-display fingerprint efficiency
    Improved some game performances that were brand-exclusives (ex. COD Mobile at 120FPS in multiplayer)
    Added full translations for the following languages:
    Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish

Interface changes
    QS Tiles have been restyled.
    Old Android 12 style can be found in:
    Settings ->Display (or in the Customization Accessibility Dashboard if enabled)
    Updated styles for Descendant Apps

Quick settings header layout has been restyled

New features

Disable privacy chips allowing only the dot to be spawned, added in : Settings > Privacy
    Double tap on the back (quick tap) gesture (on eligible devices), added in: Settings > Gestures

Customization Accessibility Dashboard, AIO customization fragment available as a Settings main page entry afgter enabling it in: Settings > Accessibility > Customization Accessibility Dashboard

Security patches level
    5 Feb 2022
    Any photos of it in action? Demonstrations of key features? I don't have telegram but I guess I'll finally make one to peruse the features. Good work on your ROM, I'll give it a whirl!
    There's some screenshots in the site: https://descendant.me/media/