S-off for HTC one (m7) with hboot 1.57

Search This thread

Judas01

Jun 27, 2014
I had a lot of difficulty getting s-off on 1.57 with Firewater. Tried a lot of different kernels with no luck. Then I flashed CM11 and it worked first try.

knights-of-Hell

Jun 10, 2014
couldnt get s-off

I had a lot of difficulty getting s-off on 1.57 with Firewater. Tried a lot of different kernels with no luck. Then I flashed CM11 and it worked first try.

I couldn't get s-off any kernel and I tried to instal CM11 but failed to install it. I have only been able to install Viperone and revolution but with them and any kernel,
I couldn't get s-off with Firewater.
Can you help me out ??

Last edited:

Genesis23

Feb 23, 2011
Could anybody please at least confirm this?

So just to sum up.
If iám on hboot 1.57 and my emmc ID starts with 9001 i dont have any chance to get s-off?

cyrusct82

So just to sum up.
If iám on hboot 1.57 and my emmc ID starts with 9001 i dont have any chance to get s-off?
You should try as the dev. @beaups says that has nothing to do with emmc CID. If you get the message "whelp this sucks........Firewater cannot work on your device" then the only solution for your device is SunShine http://theroot.ninja/ but you must pay 25$ for it as I did.

cyrusct82

So just to sum up.
You should try as the dev. @beaups says that has nothing to do with emmc CID. If you get the message "whelp this sucks........Firewater cannot work on your device" then the only solution for your device is SunShine http://theroot.ninja/ but you must pay 25$ for it as I did.

cyrusct82

So just to sum up.

cyrusct82

So just to sum up.

Diabollon

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,
I got also a-off with 1.57 and originally stock rom 4.4.2 and bulletproof 14.2 kernel. I think it's very important to use the same radio in the firmware. Then step by step firewater installation and first-time s-off...good luck guys

Diabollon

Dec 10, 2011
when did u do ? in the last 3-4 days ?
Yes mate, I got my phone from repair back because purple issue camera with updeted firmware and hboot 1.57. Before I sent my phone I did get my phone stock Rom and stock recovery and had hboot 1.54 boot loader was locked.

Last edited:

marceloid

Feb 12, 2011
Recife
Can't S-Off and upper side of touch screen doesn't work

Ok i dirty flash my rom then flash the kernel of elementsx then when i tried to s off with firewater then it say
"Kernal contains HTC anti firewater patch"
BTW im on revolutions HD ROM PLz help

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

plz help me im very desprate to s-off cuz my uparside of screen does not work i mean i cant pull down the notification bar and i want to s off to update my firmware.

I'm having the same issue described by adeel343. Did u manage to work that around? I`ve tried a lot of different ROMs but the upper side of touchscreen doesn`t work at all. I`m on HBOOT 1.57, my cid is HTC__622, and my version is M7_UL PVT.

Does anyone know how to fix this touchscreen issue?

Reactions: R1yadh

phsetaknev

Feb 26, 2012
Sydney
Hi,
I got also a-off with 1.57 and originally stock rom 4.4.2 and bulletproof 14.2 kernel. I think it's very important to use the same radio in the firmware. Then step by step firewater installation and first-time s-off...good luck guys
Can you post the link where I can get the 4.4.2 stock rom THAT YOU USED :)

Diabollon

Dec 10, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: phsetaknev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It very easy...
    First you must change kernel in elementalx 14.11 not other
    Then. S-off your device with firewater... I succeed with this method

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Of course, there is no way I'm also paying $25 for S-Off. It is too pricey for my pocket.
    I am with hboot 1.57 and my only current option is SunShine but will never pay those greedy devs.
    Will stay with S-On 'till the end of time or better, I will wait for a free solution if any will appear at all.

F__k you jcase ;)
    i had the same issue for couple of months.. but somehow it got fixed.. i m on the same CID and same Hboot..

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

i have tried and willing to try but you just saved me ..thank you :D

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

I see a lot of post claiming that the got S-off on Hboot 1.57, next I see someone trying the same method and geeting error. I am visiting every single page claiming S-off on Hboot 1.57 and it is very frustrating. I have tried a number of method and failed. I also see some guys posting in every single thread about a $25 method. Are they getting paid?? Is it some kind of passive advert.
    Desperate to get my M7 Ul (Hboot 1.57) S-OFF.. :(

+1

I gave up as well. There's no way I'm paying $25. As long as I can flash the top tier Roms, I'm good to go.
    I'm sure there is another way to s-off with 1.57 but right now there is no clear path on how to do it right.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    The only way to s-off hboot 1.57 currently is by using Sunshine.

Thanks for answering, but i'm sure developper(s) from sunshine are not the only one(s) talented enough to make it ;)
    so, i still hope, and still working on it by myself :)

cheers
    R.
    Ok i dirty flash my rom then flash the kernel of elementsx then when i tried to s off with firewater then it say
    "Kernal contains HTC anti firewater patch"
    BTW im on revolutions HD ROM PLz help

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

plz help me im very desprate to s-off cuz my uparside of screen does not work i mean i cant pull down the notification bar and i want to s off to update my firmware.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone