[S-OFF][MOD]Remove Tampered banner with flashable zip. Also zip if you want it back!

Search This thread

andreasyeah

Feb 14, 2012
Bristol
I got the actual command from this thread.I've just created the flashable zip
YOU NEED S-OFF TO DO THIS

I hope scotty1223 doesn't mind

This zip just removes the tampered banner from the bootloader. I've also included a zip to revert it back just in case you want it(for some reason :p)
Just flash the zip from the recovery and you're done!

I was not sure if I should create a new thread or not. If any mods believe that I shouldn't just delete the thread.

************************************NOTE*********************************************

I've tested this only on International M8. If you want to make sure this is going to work on your variant then type this command in a terminal emulator or ADB Shell:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6.img

This will create a file in your SD Card. Upload the file here and I'll check and tell you whether this MOD is going to work for your variant.

UPDATE:
RemoveV2.zip does not work. Do not use it!.

UPDATE:
RemoveV3.zip fixes the garbage byte problem. Everyone should flash this one if Remove.zip does not work!.

Attachments

• Remove.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 674
  • Revert.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 184
  • RemoveV2.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 123
  • RemoveV3.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

jureca

Feb 18, 2011
Murcia

This zip just removes the tampered banner from the bootloader. I've also included a zip to revert it back just in case you want it(for some reason :p)

I was not sure if I should create a new thread or not. If any mods believe that I shouldn't just delete the thread.

Thanks.:good:

jpone7

Sep 29, 2009
Bronx, N.Y.

Thanks for this easy mod but I have a quick question, do I flash this on the TWRP recovery or the stock recovery? Thanks in advance

monyozt

Mar 18, 2008
kudus

anyone try this zip on sprint/m8 harman kardon/verizon series?

andreasyeah

Feb 14, 2012
Bristol
anyone try this zip on sprint/m8 harman kardon/verizon series?

I think it works but if you want to make sure
in a terminal emulator or an adb shell type this:

Now there is a file on your sdcard with the name mmcblk0p6.img
Send me the file and I'll tell you if it's going to work

angadreme

Mar 17, 2014
Paris
Working just great

M8 UL variant, S-Off working perfectly well. Thanks mate :good:

Edit: Harman-Kardon mod installed in case you need to know. Running Maximus HD 6.0.1 under KK 4.4.3.

Last edited:

gavin-phelan

Jun 1, 2011
Kilkenny
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Could you please type this command in an adb shell or in terminal emulator?

Code:

Upload the mmcblk0p6.img here so I can check it or hex edit this for you

I'm not sure if it's essential but do you have busybox installed?
Ok one minute please and no i dont jave busybox

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

edit here u go https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3qCG4HlT_xFakdZRkN4cENqd1E/edit?usp=docslist_api

Last edited:

andreasyeah

Feb 14, 2012
Bristol
Ok one minute please and no i dont jave busybox

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

edit here u go https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3qCG4HlT_xFakdZRkN4cENqd1E/edit?usp=docslist_api

The zip file did its job correctly. I've checked the file you sent me. Are you sure the "TAMPERED" banner is still visible in the bootloader? This does not remove the red text but only the TAMPERED banner. This script just changes one byte and it's already changed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gavin-phelan

Jun 1, 2011
Kilkenny
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
The zip file did its job correctly. I've checked the file you sent me. Are you sure the "TAMPERED" banner is still visible in the bootloader? This does not remove the red text but only the TAMPERED banner. This script just changes one byte and it's already changed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Oh my im sooo sorry i thought this is for the red text for the boot up screen lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

************************************NOTE*********************************************

I've tested this only on International M8. If you want to make sure this is going to work on your variant then type this command in a terminal emulator or ADB Shell:

Code:

This will create a file in your SD Card. Upload the file here and I'll check and tell you whether this MOD is going to work for your variant.

UPDATE:
    RemoveV2.zip does not work. Do not use it!.

UPDATE:
    RemoveV3.zip fixes the garbage byte problem. Everyone should flash this one if Remove.zip does not work!.
    Thanks for this easy mod but I have a quick question, do I flash this on the TWRP recovery or the stock recovery? Thanks in advance

You're welcome. You flash this on any custom recovery. Not stock
    hi is i used this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2762410

will the revert zip work?

The thread is about the TAMPERED banner on the bootloader. NOT the red text. If you want the red text back for some reason PM me
    Hey, I used this method to get rid of it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2708565. Would the revert zip work to get the tampered banner back, for future reference?

Yes it will work
    Hey just wondering if this will work with the Telstra version, mmcblk0p6.img attached, Cheers!.

Yes it will work