S-Off without wiring method

Search This thread

TolaSkamp

Jun 5, 2007
I am considering S-off, but could someone please tell me if there is a way this can be done without having to use a wire?

Thanks

jenkem110

Jan 2, 2012
Dallas
No you can not. It seems sketchy, I know lol, but after I did it Im glad I did and its not as hard as it seems. Just have to get the double tap wire just right.

G

GuestK00403

Last edited:

jenkem110

Jan 2, 2012
Dallas
Unfortunately yes. My warranty sticker was already removed when I had the screen replaced so thats why I went ahead and did it. If you end up doing it, remember to use an sd card that you dont care loosing everything on it.

john9

Oct 25, 2011
I also want to know the answer to this question, thanks for your reply.

bestialbub

May 19, 2010
The tip about using a sandwhich bag tie (metal wire twisty) was very helpful for me.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

jfellon

Feb 27, 2011
I did it also n you can buy the stickers on eBay I know that cause I did it also n further more what the wire trick does in theory it power cycles the nand just like with the dhd aka inspire to allow the custom eng bootloader . HTC took out the loophole to allow the unlock tools to cause just the nand to reboot to allow this exploit on the phones firmware within the nand.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
I did it also n you can buy the stickers on eBay I know that cause I did it also n further more what the wire trick does in theory it power cycles the nand just like with the dhd aka inspire to allow the custom eng bootloader . HTC took out the loophole to allow the unlock tools to cause just the nand to reboot to allow this exploit on the phones firmware within the nand.

English. Do you speak it? Also, using fraudulent stickers like that it's somewhat frowned upon in these parts by a lot of people. Please refrain from any further discussion about it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

jfellon

Feb 27, 2011
Well I was just saying that's what I did.. n also correction to my post its not the nand its the emmc sorry if my English wasn't correct I know how these phones work n I understand how the exploit works with our phones. Hmm last thought I was not telling anyone to do that with the stickers I frankly don't care about att n there warrenties if u think about it when u used htcdev.com to unlock your phone they do report ur serial number of your phone back to HTC for any hardware related warrenty its in the fine print. I don't want to start a flame war at all I just want to make sure anyone knows what happens n certain ways around it