S-Pen Always Disconnected

Search This thread

ibscboi

Mar 22, 2013
Good day, I am having this problem from quite some time now. The s-pen of my galaxy note 10+ was always disconnected and can’t use air actions. It will reconnect, but after a few seconds, it’s disconnected again. I already tried rebooting, clear cached, reset s-pen and boot into safe mode and still have the same problem. Anyone knows a workaround and the reasons to this? Thanks.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Is it fully charged, will it take a charge?
Disabled all power management.
Mine acted up like this but after playing with it a bit it started working normally. No issues since.
For some reason it was stuck at a couple percent charge every time I took it out and would quickly run out of juice. Not sure exactly what fixed it.

Check all of its settings.
Clear its data (air command, air command manager) and the system cache on the boot menu.
Try a hard reboot.

Do not do a hard reset as the issue will only probably return. Find the root cause.
Play with it... Androids wuv attention

Reactions: winoles

ibscboi

Mar 22, 2013
This issue had became widespread in the Philippines which are many people posting in our facebook group. Still no solution presented except for replacing the s-pen.
Before, when I open the air actions settings, the battery changes from 40%-100% in a cycle, and then Disconnected. I tried clearing air command data and system cache but still no changes. Btw, thank you for the response.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
This issue had became widespread in the Philippines which are many people posting in our facebook group. Still no solution presented except for replacing the s-pen.
Before, when I open the air actions settings, the battery changes from 40%-100% in a cycle, and then Disconnected. I tried clearing air command data and system cache but still no changes. Btw, thank you for the response.

Keep playing with it. My US AT&T variant was misbehaving in a similar way at first.
I hadn't use it much until it was couple months old. Not sure what fixed it but after a couple times of having the spen with zero or near zero charge and going through a couple charge cycles it took the charge.
It's been fine since. Bizarre.

Again make sure -all- power management is disabled!
Power management, destroyer of worlds.

krnfrk6663

Apr 24, 2008
Middletown
Go to the settings menu, find air actions menu and click the 3 dot button on top right. It will have reset spen in there. I had a similar issue and that's what fixed mine.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: winoles

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
in you
same problem, sometimes it says s pen is connected but then i get disconnected error again. I did the reset and it didn't work, apart from that s pen works fine. How did you solve the problem? I hope you didn't look for a solution with the new s pen.
Never got that error. It just didn't want to connect after I didn't use it for 2 months.
Is the spen fully charged? I just kept playing with it for a couple days, in & out, in & out🤣 It started working, first it charged to 100%, then no more issues. Guess spen's need attention too.
Unless physically damaged spens rarely fail.
Factory reset is a waste of time. Clear system cache instead. Try in safe mode to rule out a 3rd party app interference.
Keep magnets away from the phone!

ercanziyanak

Mar 20, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Never got that error. It just didn't want to connect after I didn't use it for 2 months.
Is the spen fully charged? I just kept playing with it for a couple days, in & out, in & out🤣 It started working, first it charged to 100%, then no more issues. Guess spen's need attention too.
Unless physically damaged spens rarely fail.
Factory reset is a waste of time. Clear system cache instead. Try in safe mode to rule out a 3rd party app interference.
Keep magnets away from the phone!

I understand :D , I will update android 12 in january, hopefully it will be fixed after that.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I understand :D , I will update android 12 in january, hopefully it will be fixed after that.
I wouldn't update to 12... it's more likely to break than fix things.
I'm still running Android 9 and 10. I prefer Pie.
Screenshot_20221112-121514_Geekbench 4.jpg

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I was thinking otherwise. Problems like this will be fixed...
after android 11 my battery started to drain fast
Every time you changed the firmware, you change the playing field. New problems mean you need to find new solutions or work arounds.
Instead stay on the same firmware and optimize it. Some say that 12 is worse than 11 and many have rolled back to 11 in disgust.

My device is fulfilling its mission, it's fast, very stable and security is not an issue. No way I'm touching the firmware! CPU cycle sucking scoped storage isn't fully active on 10 and doesn't exist on 9. It's fully active on 11 and 12.

ercanziyanak

Mar 20, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Bellenimi her değiştirdiğinizde, oyun alanını değiştirirsiniz. Yeni sorunlar, yeni çözümler veya geçici çözümler bulmanız gerektiği anlamına gelir.
Bunun yerine aynı bellenimde kalın ve optimize edin. Bazıları 12'nin 11'den daha kötü olduğunu ve birçoğunun tiksinti içinde 11'e geri döndüğünü söylüyor.

Cihazım görevini yerine getiriyor, hızlı, çok kararlı ve güvenlik sorunu yok. Donanım yazılımına dokunmamın hiçbir yolu yok! Kapsamlı depolamayı emen CPU döngüsü 10'da tam olarak aktif değil ve 9'da mevcut değil. 11 ve 12'de tamamen aktif.
thank you for everything :)

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Keep playing around with the spen and doing Google searches for possible solutions. Check the Samsung members forum too for solutions.
Eventually you'll find what the root cause is... many times it's a settings issue.
Like this...
Make sure global power management is not active as it can cause erratic behaviors. At the least make sure there's no battery/data restrictions on the spen apps!

mestesso93

May 25, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi, I have this problem too. In a normal day, i Plug my Phone to charge and after some minutes i've got the spen disconnect and now it's impossible use air Action and take a photo with Button. Reset spen don't work. Any ideas?

Thank you

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi, I have this problem too. In a normal day, i Plug my Phone to charge and after some minutes i've got the spen disconnect and now it's impossible use air Action and take a photo with Button. Reset spen don't work. Any ideas?

Thank you
Turn off adaptive battery. Enable background data in Air Command and enable background battery usage in Air CommandManger.

Screenshot_20221128-195558_Device care.jpg

Reactions: mestesso93

mestesso93

May 25, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thank you. Unfortunately don't work for me.

Any suggestion?

I tried:

1. Reset spen
2. Plug many Times spen into note 10+
3. Turn off air Action and reboot Phone and then turn on air action
4. Delete data and cache air command app
5. Wipe cache partition of phone
6. Blackhawk suggestion
7. Reboot Phone in safe mode
8. Heat spen with hairdryer

Nothing work for me. Spen work perfectly and Button too, but doesn't work air Action. Spen is always disconnected but Plug into Phone.
I think that hard reset of my Phone doesn't change anything.

Any ideas? :(

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thank you. Unfortunately don't work for me.

Any suggestion?

I tried:

1. Reset spen
2. Plug many Times spen into note 10+
3. Turn off air Action and reboot Phone and then turn on air action
4. Delete data and cache air command app
5. Wipe cache partition of phone
6. Blackhawk suggestion
7. Reboot Phone in safe mode
8. Heat spen with hairdryer

Nothing work for me. Spen work perfectly and Button too, but doesn't work air Action. Spen is always disconnected but Plug into Phone.
I think that hard reset of my Phone doesn't change anything.

Any ideas? :(
Hard reset the phone, press power and volume down buttons until it powers off.
Don't heat the spen. It uses a super capacitor for a battery. Try in safe mode, repeatedly.
Try clicking it out but leaving it just short of it's locking mechanism engaging. Play with it...
Try another spen.
One of the other hardware failures that could happen is if the spen charging coil or it's circuit fail. This is rare unless damaged. You need to get it working though as it's a valuable tool, only half a Note without it.

Keep playing with it. Spen's can be fickle and seem inscrutable at times. If not used for a long time they seem to go stupid and not want to charge (no charge % means no connect) or connect. I had that happen at first as I didn't touch the spen for 6 weeks or more, I was busy frying bigger fish. It gave me hell for week when I finally tried to use it (it worked when I first got the phone), out/in, out/in etc, probably 3 dozens times nothing. Keep rebooting and trying.

Then I started to see it charging, first to like 15%, in/out again a couple more times and bam 100%. After which it behaved perfectly and has for almost 3 years now. What did I do? Damned if I know other than everything short of a global setting or factory reset. wtf?
Android's love attention especially spens🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good day, I am having this problem from quite some time now. The s-pen of my galaxy note 10+ was always disconnected and can’t use air actions. It will reconnect, but after a few seconds, it’s disconnected again. I already tried rebooting, clear cached, reset s-pen and boot into safe mode and still have the same problem. Anyone knows a workaround and the reasons to this? Thanks.
    Is it fully charged, will it take a charge?
    Disabled all power management.
    Mine acted up like this but after playing with it a bit it started working normally. No issues since.
    For some reason it was stuck at a couple percent charge every time I took it out and would quickly run out of juice. Not sure exactly what fixed it.

Check all of its settings.
    Clear its data (air command, air command manager) and the system cache on the boot menu.
    Try a hard reboot.

Do not do a hard reset as the issue will only probably return. Find the root cause.
    Play with it... Androids wuv attention
    Go to the settings menu, find air actions menu and click the 3 dot button on top right. It will have reset spen in there. I had a similar issue and that's what fixed mine.

Hope it helps.
    Bellenimi her değiştirdiğinizde, oyun alanını değiştirirsiniz. Yeni sorunlar, yeni çözümler veya geçici çözümler bulmanız gerektiği anlamına gelir.
    Bunun yerine aynı bellenimde kalın ve optimize edin. Bazıları 12'nin 11'den daha kötü olduğunu ve birçoğunun tiksinti içinde 11'e geri döndüğünü söylüyor.

Cihazım görevini yerine getiriyor, hızlı, çok kararlı ve güvenlik sorunu yok. Donanım yazılımına dokunmamın hiçbir yolu yok! Kapsamlı depolamayı emen CPU döngüsü 10'da tam olarak aktif değil ve 9'da mevcut değil. 11 ve 12'de tamamen aktif.