• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S PEN Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860) doesn't connect anymore so it is not possible to use suspended actions.

Search This thread

FernLob

Mar 5, 2021
My s6 tab was purchased in late 2019, shortly after launch. I always used it with tcare and had never had any problems. However, for about two days now, he started to report that the s pen was disconnected. After a few attempts to reconnect or after restoring the pen (configuration > advanced features > s pen > three dots > restore s pen) it even reconnects, but when I lock the screen and unlock the message that the pen is disconnected appears again . I've cleared the cache in recovery mode, I've tried to update, I've restored the s pen and the tablet, I've cleaned the part that connects the s pen and the tablet, but nothing solves! Lucky for me, only the suspended actions don't work, as the pen doesn't connect, but the other writing functions and the button still work so far. To avoid the continuous notification that the s pen is disconnected I had to disable the suspended actions.

I believe this is a specific problem with s pen.

I'm super upset with this problem since it's an expensive device and I always took care of the tablet in the best way and never dropped the pen. It is disappointing to have this issue in 1.5 years of normal use.

To make matters worse, the product is no longer under warranty, as more than 1 year has passed, and the s6 tab s pen is not available for sale on the Samsung website in Brazil, which is absurd! How does the company not sell an essential accessory for one of its top-of-the-line tablets?

FernLob

Mar 5, 2021
20210811_033820.jpg

FernLob

Mar 5, 2021
Unfortunately, I tried all the steps and suggestions, but none of them solved the connection problem.

There is no apparent damage on the S Pen.

It is still working correctly for writing and other functions. The shortcut menu appears and all the related functions to it work fine.

The problem is on the connection or on the battery of the s pen, i don’t know, because the status appears always as disconnected.

I don’t have the air actions, so I can’t configure the remote control functions while using apps, like controlling the camera.

All my apps and the android system are updated. I replaced the s pen tip, I rebooted the tablet in safe mode, I reset the pen (on air actions options), but nothing solved the conection problem.

Finally, I also performed a factory data reset/hard reset on my tablet, but the problem persists.

The tablet tries to connect (takes a long time processing), but it doesn't connect. Appers the message: couldn’t connect to your s pen

Alerting notifications: s pen disconnected

it's very disappointing that in less than a year and a half of normal use such an expensive tablet is already with troubles.

I just wanted to buy a new original S Pen, but it doesn't have it in the Samsung store in Brazil.

What nonsense! A recent device and one of the brand's most modern tablets.

It's very frustrating and disappointing, because I'll have to keep the damaged S Pen and the tablet without all its special features, as announced by Samsung.

JayR0503

Aug 21, 2021
Hi,
Really need your help, after I updated my firmware using Odin, updated BL, AP, CP, CSC, my tab cannot boot up stuck in logo. Doing the Power + volume up leads me to different screen now.
What must I do? Pleasssee help. Added the pic, after doing hard reset (power + vol up)

I cannot connect back to Odin also. Always setup connection failed.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Samsung galaxy tab s6 error.jpg
    Samsung galaxy tab s6 error.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 6