• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question S pen pro? or fold s pen?

Search This thread

Fastdrawl4

Aug 31, 2021
Been reading up on both. does anyone have both? Also looking for a case to hold the pen. Looks like we are all waiting for a few places to come out with one that is good.
Excited to get mine. will be here on Thursday.

Romans8vs1

I don't have both, but the fold SPen is the perfect size in my opinion. I was expecting it to be approximately the same size as the note 20 ultra pen so I ordered the pro model as well. I've since canceled the pro pen order as the fold pen is perfect for what I need. I use it to make notes and navigate on the inner screen.

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
I own the Fold Edition s pen. I really don't need the added functionality of the Pro model pen on my Fold as I already own other s pen devices with said capabilities. Also, the size of the Pro pen doesn't seem right, doesn't seem comfortable to hold do to its length.

Here are my stylus pens for my Tab S7 Plus, Fold3, wife's Tab S6 and her N20U.

Attachments

• 20210831_185704.jpg
    20210831_185704.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
I have both. Was a mistake in ordering.
I only wanted the fold edition.
The pro is thicker and longer. More of a sit down and maybe draw vs the fold edition which is more portable to me.

The only added for the pro is bluetooth. But even when i had my note i never used the bluetooth parts.

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I have the fold edition and am waiting on my pro to arrive. I use a ton of the Bluetooth features, along with the basics. I purchased the fold edition, only because the pro wasn't in sock at the places I looked. I will be returning the fold edition and case combo as soon as my pro arrives..

Maximus150

Sep 7, 2016
The S pen Pro is significantly larger than the Fold edition and will not fit in the case for Flip cover with the detachable Fold edition S pen

mhtruth

Jun 11, 2010
Western ny
I Have the pro... strangely enough it will not connect to my fold 3. (im using nova & Microsoft launchers with the screenscut down to 48 maxhz adaptive for battery)

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Been reading up on both. does anyone have both? Also looking for a case to hold the pen. Looks like we are all waiting for a few places to come out with one that is good.
Excited to get mine. will be here on Thursday.

(Controversial ?) answer... NEITHER! I will never use the S Pen Fold that came free with my Fold3.

I owned every Note from the Note 4 upwards - for the big screen, big storage and latest camera tech
- I never ever used the S Pen and never saw the point of it. RIP Samsung Note range.

Mr6P

Dec 21, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I defo feel for those that don't bear these things in mind lol

The inner protector also seems to smooth out minor dents also which is sweet
I am often annoyed because the S-Pen Fold edition touches the screen, but nothing happens. I'm not even sure if this is on purpose by the software or a bug. Often happens with buttons, like the 4 buttons on top of the notification center (above the quick settings toggles)

Reactions: exocetdj

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
I am often annoyed because the S-Pen Fold edition touches the screen, but nothing happens. I'm not even sure if this is on purpose by the software or a bug. Often happens with buttons, like the 4 buttons on top of the notification center (above the quick settings toggles)
Hmm sounds odd. I'll give that a test after work. I know the front screen doesn't support the spen but not sure of any areas on the inner screen that don't

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
It does appear to be behaving for me. I'm able to select all four icons described

Mr6P

Dec 21, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
It does appear to be behaving for me. I'm able to select all four icons described
It's difficult to explain. I can touch them too and they work, when you tap on it with the S-Pen "firmly", but if you just touch it without pressing it won't work lot of times for me. I don't know how to explain that easily. This just happens with some UI elements, that's why I kinda think that it's intentional. But I now this never happened with my Note 10+ and a "real" S-Pen 😄

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
It's difficult to explain. I can touch them too and they work, when you tap on it with the S-Pen "firmly", but if you just touch it without pressing it won't work lot of times for me. I don't know how to explain that easily. This just happens with some UI elements, that's why I kinda think that it's intentional. But I now this never happened with my Note 10+ and a "real" S-Pen 😄
Defo sounds odd. I'm not sure if we can alter spen sensitivity or not can we?

Top Liked Posts