S-pen replacement?

Search This thread

mikesaa309

Dec 5, 2010
Hi,

So I've decided to keep note 7 is rooted so no updates :) But annoyingly S-pen has now decided to stop clicking. It still functions but every time I press the button in it stays held in it's like the return spring can no longer push it back up once it clicks in place. Only way I can get it out of phone is by using a sewing needle to move the button and it pops up but I ain't carrying around a sewing needle just to use it lol. Annoyingly no one on ebay has one for sale except one but it's blue and I've found a black one on ebay (my phone is black note 7) but it's in America and isn't shipping to UK fgs. Does anyone know where I could possibly pick up a black note 7 S-pen or if there is away to dismantle it so I can fix it but I think it's all glued together isn't it?

Note 8 needs to come out quickly gonna swap it when note 8 comes out hopefully can still do it for free but if not will still pay for the swap but I wanna use the S-pen is reason why I'm holding on to it.

rhynosnail

Mar 11, 2016
Wait!?!?
People, you still have these exploding phones??? Why is it okay for you to endanger the public with your selfishness?

Just kidding. Sorry, just couldn't resist. So so much ignorance about this exact product to which the what is being published as well as the vitriol doesn't align with facts that I am amazed. I am amazed both at the lack of fact checking by the tech "expert" bloggers, all of whom can't seem to stop putting the word, "exploding" directly in front of the note 7 as well as the general public for blindly believing every word they read from these guys. It's sickening.
To answer your question, surprisingly enough, I went right into the actual Sprint store...twice.
They may still have stock left over, or the tech's on site may have the S-Pen from a recalled unit. I asked and they only have to send the actual phone back. They aren't charged if the actual accessories don't come back.

There isn't a set price (at least not in my case) so at one atore (the 1st one I went into) I got 2 S-Pens for $20.

A few weeks later (as in, like 5 days ago), I went in to a different Sprint store...the one I actually bought my Note 7 from in the first place and asked if they had any of them left...I specified that I didn't care if it was used. He got a sly smile and said, "Ahhh...so you're one of them". I kinda shrugged sheepishly and he said, " good for you brother "!
He went in the back and brought one out and I took it and asked him how much.
Best part...he said, " Nothin at all my man. Wish I'd kept mine"!
So, yeah. E-Bay and Amazon are great, but for the 3 replacement ones I got (can't beat a total of $20 for 3 new Note 7 S-pens), going straight to the source worked out well for me.

mikesaa309

Dec 5, 2010
Wait!?!?
People, you still have these exploding phones??? Why is it okay for you to endanger the public with your selfishness?

Yeah is annoying to hear people say this lol. In all fairness though those of us who still have a note 7 surely must have the ones that are actually safe? Surely by now with how quickly reports were coming out then our phones should have exploded by now? Not saying they're not going to but unlikely at this point surely. If Samsung brings out the note 8 tomorrow then I'll happily trade my note 7 for a note 8 but until then I need the S-pen lol plus when I had the s7 edge during the first recall I didn't really get on with it after using the note 7 palm rejection wasn't as good and I was already used to the camera swipe gestures on the note 7.

mikesaa309

Dec 5, 2010
I'm thinking about trading my note 7 in when the s8 plus comes out. U?

I'm gonna wait for the note 8 as I use the S-pen loads couldn't be without it else I'd would have exchanged my note 7. I'm hoping they'll let me exchange for note 8 for free of not then I'm keeping note 7 as note 5 isn't good enough lacks Micro SD card support and note 4 is okay but waited long enough for an updated phone and ever since the S6 came out I wanted it's camera features with the manual focus and now I finally have it plus many more features. Note 4 Isn't as good in comparison.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wait!?!?

Just kidding. Sorry, just couldn't resist. So so much ignorance about this exact product to which the what is being published as well as the vitriol doesn't align with facts that I am amazed. I am amazed both at the lack of fact checking by the tech "expert" bloggers, all of whom can't seem to stop putting the word, "exploding" directly in front of the note 7 as well as the general public for blindly believing every word they read from these guys. It's sickening.
    To answer your question, surprisingly enough, I went right into the actual Sprint store...twice.
    They may still have stock left over, or the tech's on site may have the S-Pen from a recalled unit. I asked and they only have to send the actual phone back. They aren't charged if the actual accessories don't come back.

There isn't a set price (at least not in my case) so at one atore (the 1st one I went into) I got 2 S-Pens for $20.

A few weeks later (as in, like 5 days ago), I went in to a different Sprint store...the one I actually bought my Note 7 from in the first place and asked if they had any of them left...I specified that I didn't care if it was used. He got a sly smile and said, "Ahhh...so you're one of them". I kinda shrugged sheepishly and he said, " good for you brother "!
    He went in the back and brought one out and I took it and asked him how much.
    Best part...he said, " Nothin at all my man. Wish I'd kept mine"!
    So, yeah. E-Bay and Amazon are great, but for the 3 replacement ones I got (can't beat a total of $20 for 3 new Note 7 S-pens), going straight to the source worked out well for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone