Question S Pen replacement

Search This thread

slime340

Jun 11, 2015
Even using the stock spen can be obstinate at times to initialize. Adding new variables will greatly increase the difficulty of troubleshooting.
You want its full functionality as well.
Don't get too clever for your own good... bite the bullet and get the correct OEM spen for that phone.

Replace it immediately when done using and if dropped check to make sure it's still nested🤣
I have my original, fully operational S Pen, I was just hoping to find a way to have a pen the matched the color scheme of my device. I liked the thought of having a white pen to match my white device. Samsung should have given the option to have matching stylus colors for the styluses with the price of the phone going up the way it did between the last two generations.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I have my original, fully operational S Pen, I was just hoping to find a way to have a pen the matched the color scheme of my device. I liked the thought of having a white pen to match my white device. Samsung should have given the option to have matching stylus colors for the styluses with the price of the phone going up the way it did between the last two generations.
Yeah I can why that annoys you. Samsung trying to cut costs.
Since the N10+ Samsung has been losing it in more ways than one.

Reactions: slime340

jsirgey

Nov 26, 2010
I can confirm that the one samsung is selling as an S22 Ultra replacement does work exactly like the one that comes with it, although it did seem that it came without a charge, when i inserted and ran the reset, it did connect but with 1% battery.

Reactions: slime340

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I can confirm that the one samsung is selling as an S22 Ultra replacement does work exactly like the one that comes with it, although it did seem that it came without a charge, when i inserted and ran the reset, it did connect but with 1% battery.
That's normal. It's not battery, it's a super capacitor. A full prolonged discharge will not harm it.

CfYz

Before selling n20u I swapped styluses and while n20u to s22u was flawless the other way around (s22u to n20u) was a partial match. It was ok in terms diameter but couldn't "click " the stylus tip to merge with the edge as if it was a bit longer and couldn't fit inside🤔
I got spare original S Pen for S22 Ultra for my Note 8 and Note 10+ (I don't have S22U) - my find that the tip is a bigger than hole for S Pen in N8/N10, not sure about N20. Its just fiscally not fit and that's why it doesn't click :(

The clicker end is the only part that matches the phone color, which makes me a little sad. I thought about getting the burgundy one for my black S22 Ultra. The color contrast would be kinda cool.

Greetings again Galaxy fans, I have another question. I have been considering getting the white S Pen from the Note 10 or Note 20 for my white S22 Ultra. Does anyone know if it will work, and if so, how do you link a new pen to the phone? Thank you, in advance, for your responses.
Be careful. Amazon and eBay are loaded with S pens that state they are for the S22 ultra but without Bluetooth. S pens by model are NOT interchangeable. They'll work with writing on the screen but none of the click functionality will work and likely won't fit or charge in your phone.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Be careful. Amazon and eBay are loaded with S pens that state they are for the S22 ultra but without Bluetooth. S pens by model are NOT interchangeable. They'll work with writing on the screen but none of the click functionality will work and likely won't fit or charge in your phone.
Cheapest I found on Amazon was $39, looks OEM. Samsung wants $49. They last nearly indefinitely if you don't lose or break it.
I'm careful with mine but it's easy to break one if you don't keep it in your hand or nest it. A drop in a good case won't hurt the phone but the spen may pop out completely. Don't step on it...

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
FWIW my daughter has the S21 Ultra and she lost her S-pen, I bought a genuine Note 10 S-pen off ebay for $10 and she said it works fine. I would assume the Note 10 S-pens would work on the S22 ultra also.

FWIW my daughter has the S21 Ultra and she lost her S-pen, I bought a genuine Note 10 S-pen off ebay for $10 and she said it works fine. I would assume the Note 10 S-pens would work on the S22 ultra also.
Yes, it will work. But you won't get the full functionality, the latency will be the same as if being used on the Note 10, and it wouldn't fit properly in the silo.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted. Oswald Boelcke}
I'm not experiencing that. This N10+ is almost 3 yo with over 8k hours on it. I use the original spen almost everyday now. Smart Select, Magnify, Screen Write for screen shots and bt remote shutter release can't be done with paper.
These phones need to be in a good case or they will be damaged.

Last edited by a moderator:
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted. Oswald Boelcke}
Define, "easier." Also, what "huge problems" are you talking about? The "problems" you mention are all user caused and not caused by the S Pen. As far as not working well, give examples. I've had the Note 2, Note 10.1 Tablet, Note 8, Note 10+, and now the S22 Ultra. In every case the S Pen works great. I have even owned the Surface Pro, Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 5, and now Surface Pro 6; and all-in-all, Microsoft's Surface Pen has worked great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note7 S-Pen fits the S22 Ultra and works.
    But does it work fully, i.e., charging within the phone and the remote controlling of the camera? The issue with the others I've tried has been that it won't register with the phone so it cannot be charged.
    Just buy the proper S22 Ultra white S Pen, not sure the white pen for another model will work as well as the S22 one.
    Greetings again Galaxy fans, I have another question. I have been considering getting the white S Pen from the Note 10 or Note 20 for my white S22 Ultra. Does anyone know if it will work, and if so, how do you link a new pen to the phone? Thank you, in advance, for your responses.
    I've tried multiple "replacement" S-Pens for Note 10 x2, Note 8, and one other, and all of them will work as a stylus, but none will charge or pair with the S22 Ultra, I finally gave up and ordered a replacement straight from Samsung that is supposed to be a direct replacement of the one included in the S22.
    That's normal. It's not battery, it's a super capacitor. A full prolonged discharge will not harm it.