• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S Pen Snaps/Broken End

Search This thread

Jonathan-H

Sep 27, 2014
You guys must be seriously heavy handed to do this haha. I click the clicker for fun and use the spen A LOT and it's certainly not brittle or weak.

Reactions: YatoAntrax20XX

Ryland Johnson

Feb 28, 2012
The ONLY reason I purchase the Note series is the S-pen. I buy several pens and leave them dotted around the place. Have been doing this for years. I am NOT suggesting the pen couldn't be broken I am saying its very uncommon. Its a thin piece of plastic full of electronics so is not as tough as a 'regular' pen.

There is always the chance of a lemon, just return the phone-pen to the outlet purchased and deal with any problems there.

Ryland

Nimzi84

Oct 7, 2018
just broken in 24 hrs of buying S9 note - broken the clickable part without any pressure. It is brittle and unusable.

bayniner

Jan 31, 2011
Just happened to me couple days ago but with the note 8 S pen i just pushed it to pop it out and the clicker end popped off and the s pen stayed stuck inside, my local mobile store sells replacements for $40 which is ridiculous

hayabusa1300cc

Jun 8, 2007
HOUSTON TEXAS
www.facebook.com
I believe it. Hell I went 6 months without my Note 8 pen. It feel short on carpet and snapped where the chrome part meets the body. Note 7 pen broke where the spring popped out, the clicker part as well.
I tried to hybrid the 2 together to make a working one. No dice, the pens were different sizes.

My Note 9 pen made a 4 foot drop on concrete and made it just fine lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jun 2, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I play with my spen. Just a habit of making it as a fidget. Luckily, it was still in one piece.

15390521379344566101357763486869.jpg

Painman1963

Mar 14, 2012
Bristol
I dropped my Note 9 into a carpeted floor and the S Pen came part way out. I slid it back in and carried on. A little later I took the S Pen out of its slot and it was broken in 2 pieces where the chrome meets the plastic.

Moral of the story: Hold on tighter [emoji23][emoji23]1539089231136.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

tivo559

Jan 2, 2014
Same thing same story

As many other have posted my s pen broke already ive been with the note line since the note 2 and only had 1 pen break on my note 5 but that was my fault (i put it in backwards like a dumbass). I still have replacement i got for it too but this new notes S pen seem even cheaper than before and i hardly use the thing. As for the peopke saying its all user error why was the China varient shipped with 2 s pens then, i wonder why? Anyways im dismayed at samsung response ro this or lack there of

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So before you ask me this is not my S Pen I saw this on Twitter.

Do you think the Pen just broke like this or was damaged by the user? Has anyone had any issues with their S Pen (such as breaking or the end coming off)?
    you saw this on twitter. dont bother yourself or others.

FaKe nEwS
    Uh oh, I sure hope this isn't a common thing. I just started messing around with all the new things the S pen can do. This makes me nerveous to even pull it out.

Pull yourself together for goodness sake! S-pens have been around for years and are well made though like all such tech will break if abused.

Knee jerk reactions to nothing....:(

Ryland
    So before you ask me this is not my S Pen I saw this on Twitter.

Do you think the Pen just broke like this or was damaged by the user? Has anyone had any issues with their S Pen (such as breaking or the end coming off)?
    never had a issue with a s-pen more than likely user error
    You guys must be seriously heavy handed to do this haha. I click the clicker for fun and use the spen A LOT and it's certainly not brittle or weak.