• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S-Push TAN still detects Magisk (Also Canary Build)

Search This thread

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
Hey, I did things like:
-Applied Magisk Hide
-Selected all in Push TAN
-Applied package rename of Magisk
And s push tan still detects fcking root/ magisk.

The only way it works is to freeze the magisk app with another app. But this solution is trashy and I dont want to every time freeze magisk if I need s push tan.

Are there some fixes? Or even APK edits which I can install?

#****ThoseBankingApps

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
fck off dude. Where its "described" in your eyes? There is nothing usefull and not even links BRUH
It is, but you might have to scroll back quite a few posts (it'll be from August or September, IIRC).

And please be mindful of your language. I'll let it slip this one time, but before posting anything further I suggest you take a look at the forum rules.

Reactions: Smedslund

Didgeridoohan

Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Hello again. A small update with some background info I didn't have time to add earlier...

The reason it's almost impossible to hide the Magisk app, even with it repackaged with a random name, is Android's poor privacy. Up until now, any app could query any other app on your device... Now that should change though. From August 2021 all new apps and from November 2021 all app updates in the Play Store will be forced to target API 30 (Android 11). This means that they're forced to conform to new privacy changes that make it so that they no longer can query other apps on your device.

In other words: the real solution is to wait until S-Push TAN gets its next update or so and it should no longer be able to detect the Magisk app.

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
Hello again. A small update with some background info I didn't have time to add earlier...

The reason it's almost impossible to hide the Magisk app, even with it repackaged with a random name, is Android's poor privacy. Up until now, any app could query any other app on your device... Now that should change though. From August 2021 all new apps and from November 2021 all app updates in the Play Store will be forced to target API 30 (Android 11). This means that they're forced to conform to new privacy changes that make it so that they no longer can query other apps on your device.

In other words: the real solution is to wait until S-Push TAN gets its next update or so and it should no longer be able to detect the Magisk app.
Thanks for this information.

But how can it be that the devs of Magisk cant block those requests of other apps? I mean then "magisk HIDE" is completely nonsene in my eyes.

Didgeridoohan

Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Thanks for this information.

But how can it be that the devs of Magisk cant block those requests of other apps? I mean then "magisk HIDE" is completely nonsene in my eyes.
MagiskHide (and from now on Deny) hides what Magisk (the actual service, not the app) changes. Because of the above mentioned privacy limitations in Android up until Android 10 it has been practically impossible to fully hide the app without Xposed style modules (of which there are a couple that also can do the job). Since Magisk isn't Xposed (or at least hasn't been up until now when Zygisk now is live) it's been impossible for Magisk to do this by itself. And now there's no longer any need once the A11 updates for the apps on the Play store goes live (hopefully).

Suakey

Mar 3, 2020
MagiskHide (and from now on Deny) hides what Magisk (the actual service, not the app) changes. Because of the above mentioned privacy limitations in Android up until Android 10 it has been practically impossible to fully hide the app without Xposed style modules (of which there are a couple that also can do the job). Since Magisk isn't Xposed (or at least hasn't been up until now when Zygisk now is live) it's been impossible for Magisk to do this by itself. And now there's no longer any need once the A11 updates for the apps on the Play store goes live (hopefully).
So that means actually that I have zero chance because im on Android 10? XD...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fck off dude. Where its "described" in your eyes? There is nothing usefull and not even links BRUH
    It is, but you might have to scroll back quite a few posts (it'll be from August or September, IIRC).

And please be mindful of your language. I'll let it slip this one time, but before posting anything further I suggest you take a look at the forum rules.