[S.ROM]HTC First Sense5 RC1.8 2014/7/20

Search This thread

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
For those of you that are going to use this ROM, if you install with S-ON, and then later decide that you want to S-OFF (like me), then you will need to reflash the ROM after you achieve S-OFF, otherwise the ROM freezes at the "Sense 5" startup screen and then begins a bootloop up to that point.

dramon

Aug 14, 2011
He said that's a bug with the ROM in the original post.

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The original post says that there is a problem with full Hd recording.

For me, full hd recording works perfectly but here is what I found

Bugs
- sometimes no audio is recorded during video recording. Reboot solves this
- sometimes camera app crashes after around 3,4 seconds of recording. Video is not saved. Reboot solves this.

So has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
not able to get locations fo work.
Not able to download and install google maps, during install I get an unknown error "-24"????

I'm having that problem while trying to install Google Play Newsstand. I tried flashing GApps 4.1 using ROM Manager but I still get the error. I tried with an apk and it didn't install. Its most likely a problem in the ROM, but I don't know what it would be.

sun_dream

Aug 28, 2007
WenZhou
The original post says that there is a problem with full Hd recording.

For me, full hd recording works perfectly but here is what I found

Bugs
- sometimes no audio is recorded during video recording. Reboot solves this
- sometimes camera app crashes after around 3,4 seconds of recording. Video is not saved. Reboot solves this.

So has anyone else experienced this?

Next update

new to hacking

Oct 20, 2012
New Delhi
Another bug found in lockscreen phone simply unlocks even if u just tap the lockscreen anywhere no need to drag anything also in incoming calls call can be accepted just by tapping green button originally it needs to be dragged up same is the case with apps shortcuts in lockscreen..... Music lockscreen n all other lockscreens also act weird in music I tried to change track from lockscreen but phone simply unlocks same is in productivity notifications when clicked simply unlock the device without routing to the notification app....

Sent via HTC sense

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
Another bug found in lockscreen phone simply unlocks even if u just tap the lockscreen anywhere no need to drag anything also in incoming calls call can be accepted just by tapping green button originally it needs to be dragged up same is the case with apps shortcuts in lockscreen..... Music lockscreen n all other lockscreens also act weird in music I tried to change track from lockscreen but phone simply unlocks same is in productivity notifications when clicked simply unlock the device without routing to the notification app....

Sent via HTC sense

I haven't had any of those problems at all. Maybe check your lockscreen settings and make sure it's not something there doing it.

new to hacking

Oct 20, 2012
New Delhi
I haven't had any of those problems at all. Maybe check your lockscreen settings and make sure it's not something there doing it.

There's no option like that which would enable tap to unlock like thing still coz u say u don't face any trouble like those I will reconfirm

Sent via HTC sense

new to hacking

Oct 20, 2012
New Delhi
Maybe you have a conflicting lock screen app, or a conflicting app in general.

No such lockscreen app or any other app using same set of apps that I used in HTC explorer sense 5 and retested all modes in lockscreen and their setting nothing works.... tap on the lockscreen directs me to pattern or pin or home screen whatever the case is... So something wrong.... I guess.... Others to confirm plz

Sent via HTC sense

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
No such lockscreen app or any other app using same set of apps that I used in HTC explorer sense 5 and retested all modes in lockscreen and their setting nothing works.... tap on the lockscreen directs me to pattern or pin or home screen whatever the case is... So something wrong.... I guess.... Others to confirm plz

Sent via HTC sense

When I tap the lock screen it tells me to pull up to unlock.

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
Dunno for me it's acting weird

Sent via HTC sense

The only UI issue I've had is the flip click 4x2 widget looks weird. The numbers are cut off at the bottom and when it flips it looks like there's a missing texture.

Attachments

• 1400072753538.jpg
    1400072753538.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 139

new to hacking

Oct 20, 2012
New Delhi
The only UI issue I've had is the flip click 4x2 widget looks weird. The numbers are cut off at the bottom and when it flips it looks like there's a missing texture.

No not missing textures images are incorrectly positioned shifting them up a bit would do.... I can do this in free time

In lockscreen I tap on it n pattern screen comes up I try changing track while music is on pattern lock comes up I swipe up pattern screen comes up anything I do on lockscreen pattern lock comes up and shortcuts open up without dragging them up just tap on icon app opens

Sent via HTC sense

Last edited:

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
No not missing textures images are incorrectly positioned shifting them up a bit would do.... I can do this in free time

I know that they're in the wrong place, the texture I think is missing is when the clock flips. If you watch as the clock flips, it looks like a frame in the animation is missing. And wouldn't it be easier to ask @sun_dream to fix the position and include in the next update?

new to hacking

Oct 20, 2012
New Delhi
I know that they're in the wrong place, the texture I think is missing is when the clock flips. If you watch as the clock flips, it looks like a frame in the animation is missing. And wouldn't it be easier to ask @sun_dream to fix the position and include in the next update?

Well that doesn't matter who fixes it I just said that..... And they aren't in wrong place even they're just oversized.... Hope OP would fix these issues in next update....

Sent via HTC sense

Top Liked Posts