• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

S-Style Digital Clock Widget MOD

Search This thread

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
Hey some may have this already as I've been packaging it with previous work.
It's as close as I cold get to the new Xperia Digital Clock Widget using various font combinations along with Red Wizard's DCW available from the market.

DO THIS:

1. Place apk in System app folder & set permissions.

2. Launch application and set settings according to screenshots.

3. Select widget from desktop.

-earbrain
uploadfromtaptalk1336932470795.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1336932523004.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1336932548335.jpg

https://www.box.com/shared/e7f2367c3790acad136b

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
BONUS:

Just in case you have any trouble achieving the info fonts from the screenshots I've also posted a zip file of my current font set from cm.
Should work w most ROMS, just extract and replace system font files as needed.

Reactions: Andre Verissimo

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
Hey monk, first of all are you sure the app is not functioning properly already? There may be no need to mess with permissions depending on how you installed it. Otherwise to answer your question I'm hoping you have root access because it would be necessary to set permissions manually. I'm assuming you do and have dropped the app into the system/app folder with Root Explorer or equiv. If so and you did in fact use Root Explorer just navigate back to the root app (use Root Explorer to system/app/digitalclockwidget), long-press on the app then select "permissions" and check all three from the top down in the first column, only the top box in the second column then leave the last column fully unchecked(sorry I'm on vacation and do not have a way to post screenshot). Alternately you can use ROMManager and just select Fix Permissions to allow it to perform this task for you. The manual method is well worth learning though so I recommend trying that first. If you do not have Root Explorer you will need a file browser that allows root access. The version of Root Explorer that will allow root is paid but well worth the investment. It is an invaluable tool I use on a daily basis. There are others and if needed you could probably find something for free to get the job done, I recommend Root Explorer. Currently on vacation for another week week but I will try and check back to see if I can help further. Good Luck and let me know if this helps. earbrain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey some may have this already as I've been packaging it with previous work.
    It's as close as I cold get to the new Xperia Digital Clock Widget using various font combinations along with Red Wizard's DCW available from the market.

DO THIS:

1. Place apk in System app folder & set permissions.

2. Launch application and set settings according to screenshots.

3. Select widget from desktop.

-earbrain
    uploadfromtaptalk1336932470795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336932523004.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336932548335.jpg

https://www.box.com/shared/e7f2367c3790acad136b

BONUS:

Just in case you have any trouble achieving the info fonts from the screenshots I've also posted a zip file of my current font set from cm.
    Should work w most ROMS, just extract and replace system font files as needed.