S Translator from S4 working w/ voice recognition + very basic info about S4 ports

Search This thread

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
Basic info about porting apps from S4 to Note 2 or S3:
The system dump of Galaxy S4 was leaked so I tried to find out the .jar and .so dependencies of each apk in order to make some apps working on Galaxy S3 Note2 and Galaxy S3.
1-I found out that some apps were specilly developed for 4.2.2 but that shouldn't something difficult to fix
2-As usual, most apps not only depend on .so files but also on .jar files from /sytem/framework (specially ext.jar, core.jar, framework.jar and framework2.jar. As I don't have a clue about modding .jar files I couldn't go further on my experiment :(

S Translator with voice recognition working
At least I managed to have a better S Translator with voice recognition working thanks to the necessary .so file.
However it still force closes if you tap on "history" or "preset phrases", it could be fixed if someone knows how to port 4 specific .jar files.
Edit:Updated so now you can flash it via CWM instead of copy&paste with root explorer.
http://d-h.st/PuZ

Last edited:

Hemant

Nov 29, 2004
Hi works very nicely once the files are in stated in correct places. Also need to change the permissions for both the files to rw-r-r to work properly.

Scribbled from my GT-N7100

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
Worked great till I acidentally hit the wrong button

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
just ppllllzzzz do the camera app
Camera app has lot of .so and .jar dependencies. It would take too much time to port those framework files. It might be even easier to port the s4 rom and that's not easy ar all neither...

I think we can forget about S4 apps like camera, gallery, launcher, music player or video player at least till we get a 4.2 leak

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2

Hemant

Nov 29, 2004
Camera app has lot of .so and .jar dependencies. It would take too much time to port those framework files. It might be even easier to port the s4 rom and that's not easy ar all neither...

I think we can forget about S4 apps like camera, gallery, launcher, music player or video player at least till we get a 4.2 leak

Hi thanks for your work. Have you worked the FC's?

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
I fixed the FC that occured when you press History so now it only will have the bug when pressing on preset sentences. ;) I will upload the update later.
Right now I'm not on the computer where I wrote the dependencies so I can't fix the last bug yet.

And also now I'm a bit busy with S4 Accuweather (real one, no mods).
Unfortunately it only has the 3x2 widget and the widget design of easylauncher instead of seclauncher3... I gotta work a little bit more on it, if someone is willing to help it will be welcome.

ujy7eber.jpg

adetymut.jpg

ujepyda9.jpg

poltec

Apr 18, 2007
Odp: S Translator from S4 working w/ voice recognition + very basic info about S4 por

System/app/ there are two files:

libnmsp_vocoder_speex.so (copy it to system/lib in your device)
S_Translator_CSLi.apk (copy it to system/app in your device)

Them change permissions and restart. Should work :)

Reactions: titooo7

Thanks for your replay but unfortunatly it won,t work,i can only write ,but the voice is down and always ask me to try again,maby Perhaps we have forgotten meta-inf and all of its contents and all of hist contents ?

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
Thanks for your replay but unfortunatly it won,t work,i can only write ,but the voice is down and always ask me to try again,maby Perhaps we have forgotten meta-inf and all of its contents and all of hist contents ?

If you did exactly like poltec told you it must work.

The so file permission is just rw-----, should be rw-r--r--, right?
And the S-Voice server is acting weird for the S4 apk, don't know if there is any workaround for the constant "network connection error"

It,s my permission configuration and i think that,s correct,and i have any problem with network (it works if i type the words but can,t recognizes the voices).
Another problem is if i select cronology,it cause a force close the app.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6208472/Screenshot_2013-04-05-11-08-10.png

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
Just wanted to thank you again have been using this for work purposes and its great

Reactions: titooo7

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
Ok,i changed the permission in rw-r-r on this file too,now when i try to speak ,can see a new popup that says preparation for a long time and after it tha same thing,any voice recognized,please try again :(

Which language are you using? It works ok for me with spanish and english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Basic info about porting apps from S4 to Note 2 or S3:
    The system dump of Galaxy S4 was leaked so I tried to find out the .jar and .so dependencies of each apk in order to make some apps working on Galaxy S3 Note2 and Galaxy S3.
    1-I found out that some apps were specilly developed for 4.2.2 but that shouldn't something difficult to fix
    2-As usual, most apps not only depend on .so files but also on .jar files from /sytem/framework (specially ext.jar, core.jar, framework.jar and framework2.jar. As I don't have a clue about modding .jar files I couldn't go further on my experiment :(

S Translator with voice recognition working
    At least I managed to have a better S Translator with voice recognition working thanks to the necessary .so file.
    However it still force closes if you tap on "history" or "preset phrases", it could be fixed if someone knows how to port 4 specific .jar files.
    Edit:Updated so now you can flash it via CWM instead of copy&paste with root explorer.
    http://d-h.st/PuZ
    I fixed the FC that occured when you press History so now it only will have the bug when pressing on preset sentences. ;) I will upload the update later.
    Right now I'm not on the computer where I wrote the dependencies so I can't fix the last bug yet.

And also now I'm a bit busy with S4 Accuweather (real one, no mods).
    Unfortunately it only has the 3x2 widget and the widget design of easylauncher instead of seclauncher3... I gotta work a little bit more on it, if someone is willing to help it will be welcome.

ujy7eber.jpg

adetymut.jpg

ujepyda9.jpg
    just ppllllzzzz do the camera app

Odp: S Translator from S4 working w/ voice recognition + very basic info about S4 por

Just wanted to thank you again have been using this for work purposes and its great