S10+ No Deep Sleep?

Search This thread

MatTechGuy

Feb 25, 2013
I installed the ASC8 the other day before it was pulled and just checked and had the ASCA update. Just updated without issue here. Using unlocked Samsung S10+ bought direct from Samsung UK.

View attachment 4732505

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
It doesn't. I have the Sprint SD version myself and all it tells you is that your phone has been in deep sleep for as long as it's been on basically.

I did download Accubattery today though to see if it works to check deep sleep state properly and it does. My phone does show to go into deep sleep, but I'm not sure if it sleep "enough" if you know what I mean. 34% of the time my screen is off seems low to me, but maybe it takes a while before the phone goes into true deep sleep. Can anyone look at that attached screenshot and provide and insight on if my phone sleeps properly?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-151631_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190328-151631_AccuBattery.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 371
Reactions: andee39

andee39

Mar 17, 2013
New York
It doesn't. I have the Sprint SD version myself and all it tells you is that your phone has been in deep sleep for as long as it's been on basically.

I did download Accubattery today though to see if it works to check deep sleep state properly and it does. My phone does show to go into deep sleep, but I'm not sure if it sleep "enough" if you know what I mean. 34% of the time my screen is off seems low to me, but maybe it takes a while before the phone goes into true deep sleep. Can anyone look at that attached screenshot and provide and insight on if my phone sleeps properly?
Very odd.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012

Install CPU Spy, it will tell you in better way if there is sleep or not, clean the counters in CPU Spy and turn off the screen, wait 30 sec and check deep sleep with CPU Spy .

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
Install CPU Spy, it will tell you in better way if there is sleep or not, clean the counters in CPU Spy and turn off the screen, wait 30 sec and check deep sleep with CPU Spy .
I said in my original post it doesn't read the cpu states properly on the Snapdragon version. The ONLY thing it tells you is that your phone is in deep sleep. I've already tried all that over the course of a day with no success. It just doesn't work properly on the SD version for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: andee39

LoGaY

Feb 19, 2008
Bandung
www.LogayPektay.com
Am I the only one has this issue? Or does it even count as an issue?

Xf9Eodol.jpg

That's what i need :D

Now i'm using Samsung S10 Plus, i used the phone for my work, i'm an online seller from Indonesia.

Samsung Deep Sleep make some delay notification for many notification message from some 3rd party application, especially from indonesian marketplace application and gmail notification.

For the first time i tried to turn off many application from battery optimize (Special Access), but it's only solved delay notification when screen on, but when the screen off, the notification never received until unlock the phone and the screen on.

You can try this for test :
if you have standard factory system, try to put your samsung s10e/10/s10 plus 5-10 minute lock (with or without AOD) with screen off (100% off without any whatsapp, phone or SMS notifications received for 5-10 minute) And then try send some email to your Samsung S10 Plus from another phone (better using Gmail). It will never received until you open your lock and the screen on. That's really annoyed for me as an online seller.

So i disable samsung doze (deep sleep and idle disable) from Adb from OnePlus 6T forum.

Now my phone has no any deep sleep all day and over night, the notifications never delay again when screen on or off.

Last edited:

rajackar

Feb 19, 2009
Utrecht
For me the first update already fixed the deep sleep bug 100%. Also got the second update but never noticed anything weird in between.

Davey Dual Sim

Oct 4, 2017
Same here, I have a dual SIM phone to so I can carry just one phone

Deep sleep is a pita

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Corv0

Feb 28, 2019
That's what i need :D

Now i'm using Samsung S10 Plus, i used the phone for my work, i'm an online seller from Indonesia.

Samsung Deep Sleep make some delay notification for many notification message from some 3rd party application, especially from indonesian marketplace application and gmail notification.

For the first time i tried to turn off many application from battery optimize (Special Access), but it's only solved delay notification when screen on, but when the screen off, the notification never received until unlock the phone and the screen on.

You can try this for test :
if you have standard factory system, try to put your samsung s10e/10/s10 plus 5-10 minute lock (with or without AOD) with screen off (100% off without any whatsapp, phone or SMS notifications received for 5-10 minute) And then try send some email to your Samsung S10 Plus from another phone (better using Gmail). It will never received until you open your lock and the screen on. That's really annoyed for me as an online seller.

So i disable samsung doze (deep sleep and idle disable) from Adb from OnePlus 6T forum.

Now my phone has no any deep sleep all day and over night, the notifications never delay again when screen on or off.

That's the most extreme fix to a problem that shouldn't even exist, doze isn't supposed to block notifications, you did something else wrong and you're now sabotaging deep sleep because of that, your battery will suffer.

LoGaY

Feb 19, 2008
Bandung
www.LogayPektay.com
That's the most extreme fix to a problem that shouldn't even exist, doze isn't supposed to block notifications, you did something else wrong and you're now sabotaging deep sleep because of that, your battery will suffer.

better getting battery suffer than get delay notifications :)

i've already tried 3 times reset, and didn't install any applications. Still get delay notifications when the screen off. And first i turn off the Battery Optimize from some applications, but no any impact if the screen off. the notifications still delay :crying:

hitsukun

Jun 26, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
Hello guys!
I am with my new Exynos S10+ for only 4 days and noticed about the drain issue using whatsapp calls.
I updated my device to the latest firmware today (ASC8/ASCA) but I still have the issue making calls using whatsapp. My phone fails to go to deep sleep. I am checking using CPU Spy.
The only "fix" is restarting my phone.

Is it still happening with you guys? Any news about this issue?

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
Hello guys!
I am with my new Exynos S10+ for only 4 days and noticed about the drain issue using whatsapp calls.
I updated my device to the latest firmware today (ASC8/ASCA) but I still have the issue making calls using whatsapp. My phone fails to go to deep sleep. I am checking using CPU Spy.
The only "fix" is restarting my phone.

Is it still happening with you guys? Any news about this issue?

In my phone the issues was resolved and I do a lot of video and audio with Whatsapp, you have two options, clean the cache like explained and other post here or do a full reset of the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same deep sleep issue but solved.

samsung galaxy s10 plus. Battery drain with cpu not going to deep sleep issue.

i had the same issue.
    what i did was - settings - general - reset all the 3 options.
    1. network reset
    2.accessibility reset
    3. reset settings.
    problem solved.
    no need for factory reset.

then redid all settings as per my liking
    aod on, wifi, bt, location on.

using almost all useful features and battery life is awesome.

pls do try and let know if the issue resolved or not.

exyn ver.
    Guys which app CPU spy are you using? I see couple of them on Play Store, though none updated recently.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bvalosek.cpuspy

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

Good one. mind posting screenshot of your battery life at the end of the day?
    Sry cld nt post ss coz i did 2 or 3 top up charging in between.

Charging to 100 rit nw and will try not to charge until next cycle.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

For all those who not getting good battery pls do try this.

It helped many people as reported by other members.

U dont have to factory reset ur phn.

Go to settings. General. The. U hv to do all 3 reset as follows
    1. Reset accessibility
    2. Reset nw settng
    3. Reset all

Now redo all the settings as per ur liking like night mode
    Adaptive battery
    Aod etc

I was getting pathetic battery life.

I did this process.

Now with wifi on. Location on. 4g data on. Aod on.
    Everything useful on
    M gtng vry gd battery life..
    24 hrs of standby with 6+ hrs sot. In a cycle.

Do let know if the solution works for u.

Thanks. ☺..
    samsung galaxy s10 plus. Battery drain with cpu not going to deep sleep issue.

i had the same issue.
    what i did was - settings - general - reset all the 3 options.
    1. network reset
    2.accessibility reset
    3. reset settings.
    problem solved.
    no need for factory reset.

then redid all settings as per my liking
    aod on, wifi, bt, location on.

using almost all useful features and battery life is awesome.

pls do try and let know if the issue resolved or not.

exyn ver.

Working for me.

Before i was losing like 15%+ overnight but i did a test yesterday and i lost only 2%.
    Still having some issues with SOT, i only get 5 hours

Thanks for the tip
    Yesterday I tried putting my phone into Airplane mode, disabling all connections and gestures... And it seems better. Now I've got 21 seconds deep sleep in almost 10 hour. LMAO
    It worked for me too, however now it's Google Play Services sucking the battery ?*♂️
    Give ur phone lil bit of time it takes 3 days for pie os to adjust to apps u use
    As and when it learns that u dont use certain apps
    Those apps will automatically put to sleep
    But it ll take 3 to 4 days for pie os to learn.

At max a week will be perfect break in period

So leave the battery worries
    And enjoy ur new s10 :)