S10e bootloop despite flashing with Odin

Search This thread

Vivala8955

Sep 11, 2021
To give some context, my S10e (Verizon SM-G970U) decided to boot loop out of nowhere. Since this happened, I have factory reset the phone, no success. I brought it to a local repair shop who said they couldn't fix it. Now I have flashed the phone with Odin and despite the phone being flashed it STILL is boot looping. At this point, I'm assuming something went wrong with the hardware but I don't even know where to start with that. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.
Firmware used :

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
... it STILL is boot looping...
If it is a hardware issue (which sounds likely), there's an old electronics trick you might try: Power it off, put it in the refridgerator awhile, take it back out and power it on. This has work'd for me with stereo components, for example, as well as a phone. It once revived a hard disk drive long enough for me to capture important data. Oh, but the phone this has brought back for me, an S10e BTW, works only while still cold and has issues with charging while its temperature is low. Still may be worth a try.

Reactions: Vivala8955

Vivala8955

Sep 11, 2021
If it is a hardware issue (which sounds likely), there's an old electronics trick you might try: Power it off, put it in the refridgerator awhile, take it back out and power it on. This has work'd for me with stereo components, for example, as well as a phone. It once revived a hard disk drive long enough for me to capture important data. Oh, but the phone this has brought back for me, an S10e BTW, works only while still cold and has issues with charging while its temperature is low. Still may be worth a try.
Wow, I just did this and to my surprise it worked! Prior to this, I wasn't able to get past the Google sign in page on start up (on good attempts) but now I was able to get it all the way to the homescreen and even install some apps before my battery died. Any idea of what this could mean for the actual hardware? I.e. this means the battery needs to be replaced etc

Reactions: MrGoodtunes

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
Wow, I just did this and to my surprise it worked! Prior to this, I wasn't able to get past the Google sign in page on start up (on good attempts) but now I was able to get it all the way to the homescreen and even install some apps before my battery died. Any idea of what this could mean for the actual hardware? I.e. this means the battery needs to be replaced etc
Great; glad it work'd. Did you attempt to charge it while it was working? Mine actually took charging after warming up only a short time, once. Got it back all the way to 100% charged. But then it quit with dead black screen, and now revives only for a minute or two.

In the old days of individual transistors, we used to turn on a non-working electronic device and blast a shot of freeze spray on various components until the device started working; even with IC (integrated circuit) chips that have lots of transistors. This way, we knew which part needed replacement. But with today's phones, you replace the entire circuit board because the soldering is done by machines; it's too finely detail'd to replace one chip.

Vivala8955

Sep 11, 2021
Great; glad it work'd. Did you attempt to charge it while it was working? Mine actually took charging after warming up only a short time, once. Got it back all the way to 100% charged. But then it quit with dead black screen, and now revives only for a minute or two.

In the old days of individual transistors, we used to turn on a non-working electronic device and blast a shot of freeze spray on various components until the device started working; even with IC (integrated circuit) chips that have lots of transistors. This way, we knew which part needed replacement. But with today's phones, you replace the entire circuit board because the soldering is done by machines; it's too finely detail'd to replace one chip.
I haven't tried charging the phone when it's on. Only when it's off and has returned to room temperature. Seems to me that about an hour in the fridge equals about 5 minutes of screen on time until the phone heats up again.

As for the internal component's you bring up a good point. Even if I were to determine what is causing the issue, I don't have the will/technical know how to buy the parts and do it myself. Outside of just replacing everything, in which I'd just buy a new phone haha.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ... it STILL is boot looping...