• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S10E problem with notifications

Search This thread

MrReaL

Aug 10, 2009
Hi There,

I got an really annoying problem and can't find anything on the web or this forum. Probably due to the common keywords....

My problem, since 1,5 months (can't remember if this is after an update) notifications stay on screen for 45 seconds! App notification but also android system notifications (the grey ones beneath the screen). For instance, picking up my phone from the wireless charger the phone says "Draadloos laden onderbroken" this is the dutch message for saying the phone has stopped charging wireless. Then opening let's say whatsapp, this notifications hovers 45 seconds above the text input position.

I can't find any setting that let's me adjust the screen time duration of notifications. Rebooted the device and also had a new update few days ago, but the problem stays. I'm running Android 10, One UI 2.0 with kernel 4.14.113-17806689.

I feel really stupid not figuring this seemly simple thing out by myself.

Gr,

Erwin

NoCo33

Nov 8, 2010
Nunspeet
Hi There,

I got an really annoying problem and can't find anything on the web or this forum. Probably due to the common keywords....

My problem, since 1,5 months (can't remember if this is after an update) notifications stay on screen for 45 seconds! App notification but also android system notifications (the grey ones beneath the screen). For instance, picking up my phone from the wireless charger the phone says "Draadloos laden onderbroken" this is the dutch message for saying the phone has stopped charging wireless. Then opening let's say whatsapp, this notifications hovers 45 seconds above the text input position.

I can't find any setting that let's me adjust the screen time duration of notifications. Rebooted the device and also had a new update few days ago, but the problem stays. I'm running Android 10, One UI 2.0 with kernel 4.14.113-17806689.

Gr,

Erwin

Have you found this setting?Settings\Accessibility\Advanced settings\Time to take action

Instellingen\Toegankelijkheid\Geavanceerde instellingen\Tijd om actie te ondernemen

Not sure if it will solve the problem, but it seems related. This setting is hard to find and you might not remember having changed it. No 45 sec option though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311-234342_Accessibility.png
    Screenshot_20200311-234342_Accessibility.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 208

mplaines

Jun 17, 2010
Have you found this setting?Settings\Accessibility\Advanced settings\Time to take action

Instellingen\Toegankelijkheid\Geavanceerde instellingen\Tijd om actie te ondernemen

Not sure if it will solve the problem, but it seems related. This setting is hard to find and you might not remember having changed it. No 45 sec option though.
That worked for me for some reason mine was set to 2 minutes. I don't remember changing this setting. Ooo well it's resolved now.
Thanks

kodiak799

Jan 17, 2012
Notifications are a disaster on this phone. It kills apps in the background too aggressively, also (excluding apps from that seems a little hit-and-miss). I love customization, but Android 10 and OneUI have made a real mess of this.

My current problem is when I get a call, the popup flashes only for a second. Everything was so much simpler on my old rooted phone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi There,

Gr,

Erwin