s10e (SM-G970F/DS) LineageOS: Is WiFi Calling/VoLTE working?

Search This thread

myrlin

Apr 29, 2023
I have recently acquired a Samsung s10e and would very much like to install LineageOS (Official).

Wifi Calling is an absolute necessity for me, as I live in a rural area (UK) with very poor signal coverage.

Can anyone confirm whether WiFi Calling (and VoLTE) is working on the latest version of LineageOS for the s10e? Both work fine on the stock ROM.

Many thanks in advance.

searover77

Jun 1, 2023
I am on lineage 20.0, Samsung S10e. Preferred network type "LTE" is available as an option in SIMS settings. I'm not sure if it works or not - no VoLTE symbol nest to signal strength in status bar. No VoWIFI option that I can find. Not sure if this helps your query!

myrlin

Apr 29, 2023
Thank you for your reply,

I have now installed Lineage 20 on my S10E, and have confirmed the same settings. I have decided that a de-googled phone is more important to me than WiFi calling for the time being! I wonder if there is any chance that the Samsung framework problem will ever be solved?

Please excuse my ignorance, but my main concern is that when 3G is turned off (sometime next year in the UK), Lineage will stop working on this device. Do you know if VoLTE is necessary for 4G use, or is "LTE" connection sufficient?

searover77

Jun 1, 2023
I have decided the same - de-googled and de-samsunged! The Lineage OS is so much cleaner and faster.

VoLTE is required to make a voice call over the 4g network. You can still make calls over 4g or wi-fi using data via a messenger type app if that helps. I think it is also possible to make calls on S10e Lineage using 2g and that network is not being switched off for a few years yet.

Also, O2 have not announced when their 3g network is being switched off in the UK so might not be for a while - as the phone is dual SIM you could get another SIM card to help with poor signal coverage?

For now I think it is worth living without VoLTE - it is a price worth paying!

myrlin

Apr 29, 2023
Exactly my thinking!

The VoLTE is a medium term concern, but my real problem is the lack of WiFi calling. I live in a rural area with atrocious signal levels, so it would make so life so much easier, but, as you say, for the moment it's a price worth paying.

I wonder if there is any hope for a replacement for Samsung's framework on this device????

lngur

Sep 3, 2023
Encountering the same problem, VoLTE doesn't work on the latest version of LineageOS(China Telecom/lineage-20.0-20230831-nightly-beyond0lte-signed), while works on the stock ROM.

Now, a custom rom supporting VolTE become the most important thing in China, not only for Samsung S10E, but also for all other models of mobile phones.
Because in China, all operators have completely closed 2G and 3G networks, leaving only 4G and 5G.
So the bottom line of making calls and texting messages starts with 4G VoLTE.
If LineageOS cannot support VoLTE, that means it'll lost its role in that country. Traditional mobile phone manufacturers seem to be taking back the control of the mobile phone.

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
... in China, all operators have completely closed 2G and 3G networks, leaving only 4G and 5G.
If LineageOS cannot support VoLTE, that means it'll lost its role in that country. Traditional mobile phone manufacturers seem to be taking back the control of the mobile phone.
This sort of thing has been the case where I live for almost 2 years now. Sad. However, many of the cool and useful things that tech gurus created and made available with custom ROMs through hacks like Xposed and Magisk have come to be at least partially available on stock OS.

kwallet

Dec 23, 2022
hello. can you comfirm for me that VoLTE and VoWifi is still not working on lineageos official?
also can you tell me if i reflash stock rom these functions will be available again without any fuss?
how about knox after reflash stock rom?
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Encountering the same problem, VoLTE doesn't work on the latest version of LineageOS(China Telecom/lineage-20.0-20230831-nightly-beyond0lte-signed), while works on the stock ROM.

Now, a custom rom supporting VolTE become the most important thing in China, not only for Samsung S10E, but also for all other models of mobile phones.
    Because in China, all operators have completely closed 2G and 3G networks, leaving only 4G and 5G.