S150 i019 blocked at boot logo.
After about two years of service, my (Winca/Witson?) S150 with Android 2.3.4 decided to stop working.
I believe the system halts before passing booting Android.
This is my current system:
Model number: WD Android on SMDKV210
Android version: 2.3.4
Kernel Version: 220.127.116.11
MCU version: E003
DVD version: 3227
Flash version: S00C
IAP version: 0002
Model name: i019
Build number: GRJ22.V4.06-20140301
In the beginning, it took longer and longer to go past the boot logo (car logo, Opel logo in my case) and eventually it will start, sometimes after 40 min. Nowadays Android doesn't start anymore.
This defect, coincidence or not, came with the iGo sounds not being heard anymore. iGo became mute, although I didn't change any settings and it worked before. I double checked all sounds settings in the iGo app and in the Android sound settings and all volumes are on. Anyhow, that's less important.
As I figured out so far, the order of boot operations is:
1. press power or SRC button
2. all the buttons light up
3. a low buzz noise is being heard in the speakers, noticeable only if there is silence around.
4. the car logo shows up, Opel logo in my case, stays for about 1sec
5. the Android logo shows up stays for about 2sec
6. the Home screen shows up, the Head Unit is operational.
My unit gets stuck at step 4., it doesn't seem its handing over the boot process to Android.
I tried re-flashing the Android firmware with one that I know it worked in the past - firmware I019 GRJ22.V4.04.08-20140115
The firmware flashing process went ok but it didn't make any difference.
While the unit is stuck at the car logo, some functions do work:
- Volume control, turn it all the way to max - 40 and I can hear a clear buzz in the speakers. The Android like status bar shows up as the Volume is moved up or down. The Back, Home and Menu buttons on the Android like status bar do not respond to touch input.
- Mute on, Mute off
- Eject DVD
- Power on/off button.
- Reverse camera. The reverse camera is independent of Android anyhow.