S150 - Android head unit

Search This thread

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
Strange behaviuor happened to my unit today. I switched off the unit reularly this morning. I used the car without the radio. Switched on the radio in the afternoon and I got the "service.framework" error msg. When I switched off the unit the wifi was off. The problem is that, after a factory reset, now everything is working but the button color not. I can choose the color but is fixed to violet. The only different thing I did, was before the factory reset from setup menu, I pressed for a long time the switch on knob and I hear a couple of beep. I was thinking that the unit was reset at factory, but don't. I would try to install a more updated firmware, wich is suggested ?

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Dec 3, 2009
Virginia
Does anyone know if these files can be made to work with the other popular Android head unit? Not sure of the real model name, but it's typically referred to as an Ouku. (I have an Xtrons TD610) : http://www.xtrons.com/GPS-car-dvd/6...-Digital-LED-Panel-Car-DVD-Player-TD610A.html

I'm comfortable with Java code and have done some android development in the past. This low-level build stuff is usually outside my comfort zone, but I can occasionally stumble through it.

I think the hardware in these two units are identical, so I am hopeful that this might work.

Any thoughts?

adit9989

Jul 9, 2008
Does anyone know if these files can be made to work with the other popular Android head unit? Not sure of the real model name, but it's typically referred to as an Ouku. (I have an Xtrons TD610) : http://www.xtrons.com/GPS-car-dvd/6...-Digital-LED-Panel-Car-DVD-Player-TD610A.html

I'm comfortable with Java code and have done some android development in the past. This low-level build stuff is usually outside my comfort zone, but I can occasionally stumble through it.

I think the hardware in these two units are identical, so I am hopeful that this might work.

Any thoughts?

No they can not. OUKU is a different platform. Don't play, you will brick your unit. There is another thread dedicated to OUKU with some custom firmware, look for it.

PS: here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110546

Last edited:
I found here: http://www.cardct.com/blog/ a post about a Firmware update for S150 Tagged 8 November 2013. I can't login in the site in order to download the files but it seems that the proposed update is "ready" and done trough the "update" function of the unit (no need of Linux). I requested a "login" to the firmware update area, I will let you know as soon is possible.
Marco

I'm in :D but there's no firmware for the I802 to find

Gassi2106

Feb 18, 2013
Hey,

I´ve found a new Software for the S150 Device. Its created on 2.11.2013. I´ve found the files by an Russian Page. The Files are for the I004 (VW Jetta). I´ve not tested on my device.

Flash at your own Risk. These files are a Android 2.3.4 Software. Download here

Regards
Gassi2106

Reactions: mihaiolimpiu

xasesi

Sep 24, 2013
Antofagasta
Help

Hi guys,

as promised i'm starting a new thread on S150 Android Head Unit.
This first post contains a new OS beta release based on android 4.0.3 I found somewhere ;)

Keep in mind this is a beta release and it's not yet 100% complete.
However most funcionalities are OK and it's usable.

You can come back to original firmware simply using original package posted
below

Here are links:

Boot loader installation instructions
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2346611&d=1382593371

Original Firmware installation instructions

You need Ubuntu Linux and a blank micro sd card
There are 2 directories in zip file:

i802_sd_recovery
SD card instruction

"SD card instruction" directory contains boot loader and boot loader installation script on SD card.
You should read readme.txt instructions (it's chinese, however google translate is your friend).

Then move i802_sd_recovery contents into winca directory on sd card.
Unmount sd card from your linux workstation and put it in i802 gps slot (left one).
Turn on i802 unit and update should begin.
If not, try holding reset and power button with sd card inserted for few secs.

S150 Original Firmware (with boot loader installation script)
http://ul.to/khtg47f2

Blue Swede firmware (without boot loader)
http://uploadingit.com/file/ldiggemb5pwmzjkf/I802_system upgrade files.rar <- New Link!

Android 4.0.3 Beta firmware for S150
http://speedy.sh/zKDwF/make-update-sdcard-S150A.rar

Share your comments/impressions here!

Friends can help me with the update or recovery, I have a radio s150 N-I109 which gives me an error of application launcher I contact the seller by aliexpress sent me a zip file gave me the installation instructions just unzip the install file in the sd and then slot gps and automatically update, which does not happen does not update the software and follow the application launcher error I attach a youtube video I uploaded with error http://www.youtube .com / watch? v = iZUQ3dJkgI0.....thanks.

adit9989

Jul 9, 2008
Friends can help me with the update or recovery, I have a radio s150 N-I109 which gives me an error of application launcher I contact the seller by aliexpress sent me a zip file gave me the installation instructions just unzip the install file in the sd and then slot gps and automatically update, which does not happen does not update the software and follow the application launcher error I attach a youtube video I uploaded with error http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUQ3dJkgI0

Did you try to do the factory reset (in settings) ? Usually this will fix application errors as it formats data partition and reinstalls your default applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: badboy007

niton

Jan 8, 2010
hi, has anyone know the way to instal recovery on this device? I/m bored in istallation apps again and again after the unit errors...
Will be appriciated ;)

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Hey,

I´ve found a new Software for the S150 Device. Its created on 2.11.2013. I´ve found the files by an Russian Page. The Files are for the I004 (VW Jetta). I´ve not tested on my device.

Flash at your own Risk. These files are a Android 2.3.4 Software. Download here

Regards
Gassi2106

I'm one of this crazy russians who day by day report to our chineese friends about the head unit problems, and the firmware, the link you posted, is fully working and this is the first firmware for VW with sreering wheel buttons working correct :silly: and....it could be used for any s150 head unit, all you should do is to change config folder,

Last edited:

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
hi, has anyone know the way to instal recovery on this device? I/m bored in istallation apps again and again after the unit errors...
Will be appriciated ;)

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I'm one of this crazy russians who day by day report to our chineese friends about the head unit problems, and the firmware, the link you posted, is fully working and this is the first firmware for VW with sreering wheel buttons working correct :silly: and....it could be used for any s150 head unit, all you should do is to change config folder,

I am interested too. I found some time ago a forum in Russian about the S150: http://4pna.com/showthread.php?t=12544 , is this the forum you are talking for ? It was useful for me in order to fix the problem of the "search" in radio station. I discovered there, that changing the UI to WINCA , it works well. Before , when I push the "next" button in the radio, it will move to next stored station instead of to find the next tunable station. The problem is that I am italian and, in order to undertand russian, I must use google translator! :D I think that in the forum are a lot of useful info about this unit and someone that could speak russian, could report here ! :rolleyes:
I need also a "Recovery SD" and a "Update SD", generated with the files in the first post here, ready to be copied in the sd card because I don't have a Linux dist available.

niton

Jan 8, 2010
I am interested too. I found some time ago a forum in Russian about the S150: http://4pna.com/showthread.php?t=12544 , is this the forum you are talking for ? It was useful for me in order to fix the problem of the "search" in radio station. I discovered there, that changing the UI to WINCA , it works well. Before , when I push the "next" button in the radio, it will move to next stored station instead of to find the next tunable station. The problem is that I am italian and, in order to undertand russian, I must use google translator! :D I think that in the forum are a lot of useful info about this unit and someone that could speak russian, could report here ! :rolleyes:
I need also a "Recovery SD" and a "Update SD", generated with the files in the first post here, ready to be copied in the sd card because I don't have a Linux dist available.
Exactly!4pna forum. You can speak english,someone answer you for sure.

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
Exactly!4pna forum. You can speak english,someone answer you for sure.

The problem is that the site is written in cyrillic and, even if I use google translator to read it, I can't post or see the links in the posts if I don't register to the forum. I can't register because the redirected page of google translator doesn't allows it. :(

niton

Jan 8, 2010
The problem is that the site is written in cyrillic and, even if I use google translator to read it, I can't post or see the links in the posts if I don't register to the forum. I can't register because the redirected page of google translator doesn't allows it. :(

ok, ask here....have any problems?

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
ok, ask here....have any problems?

Not very important problems. One is the "AF" function in the radio that is not working, second is the "Jeep" logo not available, but it coluld be useful for every one here, to have a list of "Tips&Tricks" (like the Winca interface change for radio search function), derived from the Russian forum. Could you try to prepare it ? :D
About your problem on the reinstall of the Apps when you make an update or factory reset, did you try to use some app like "Titanium Backup" or "My backup pro" in order to make a backup ? You should copy the apk of the used backup app in the "gps" sd or in USB pen, then make a backup of you installed apps and settings in the same sd or usb pen. When you need to restore things, then just istall the backup app and restore all from your previous backup...it should work! :rolleyes: I wiil try soon with "myBackup pro".

niton

Jan 8, 2010
Not sure, but i think I saw the jeep logo in my head unit....
I have tried TitaniumBackup, but it stop working after 3 days too. And i need to instal it again and then restore the apps.
One of 4pna members try to change launcher, he is got progress, but one thing he can't fix, he is installed the turbolauncher, but the last running app don't start after the nead unit reboot. For example, you need to push the radio every time you turn on the head unit. But, the firmware w\o stock launcher is more stable.

xasesi

Sep 24, 2013
Antofagasta
help

Did you try to do the factory reset (in settings) ? Usually this will fix application errors as it formats data partition and reinstalls your default applications.

If I tried that but it does not work the restoration of manufactures, have told me that once you press the two buttons "src" more volume but does not work I've also tried other combinations but nothing, no reset button restores the system, if you know like and you can help me I would appreciate

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
I finally got around to do this little tweak
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg

no picture.....:(

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Not sure, but i think I saw the jeep logo in my head unit....
I have tried TitaniumBackup, but it stop working after 3 days too. And i need to instal it again and then restore the apps.
One of 4pna members try to change launcher, he is got progress, but one thing he can't fix, he is installed the turbolauncher, but the last running app don't start after the nead unit reboot. For example, you need to push the radio every time you turn on the head unit. But, the firmware w\o stock launcher is more stable.

I see the firmware you are talking for, it looks like "more android" standard and is very interesting because allows to customize the UI better than the stock...in example you can change the style of the clock in "home" desktop...I hope your friend will solve the problems soon...please keep us informed. If you have the Jeep logo in your unit, look in the "bootlogo" directory, could you copy for me jeep.jpg and jeep.rle files ?
I will try to make a complete backup using "My Backup Pro" and let you know.....

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

If I tried that but it does not work the restoration of manufactures, have told me that once you press the two buttons "src" more volume but does not work I've also tried other combinations but nothing, no reset button restores the system, if you know like and you can help me I would appreciate

Try to: Switch off the unit with power button and then switch on pressing the power button for more than 5 seconds. You should hear some beep and the a factory reset should start.

Reactions: xasesi

xasesi

Sep 24, 2013
Antofagasta
thanks

no picture.....:(

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I see the firmware you are talking for, it looks like "more android" standard and is very interesting because allows to customize the UI better than the stock...in example you can change the style of the clock in "home" desktop...I hope your friend will solve the problems soon...please keep us informed. If you have the Jeep logo in your unit, look in the "bootlogo" directory, could you copy for me jeep.jpg and jeep.rle files ?
I will try to make a complete backup using "My Backup Pro" and let you know.....

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Try to: Switch off the unit with power button and then switch on pressing the power button for more than 5 seconds. You should hear some beep and the a factory reset should start.

OOOOO fabulous thank you very much for your contribution not know how much it cost me to fix the problem ..... thanks thank you very much

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! Very important!
    Anyone who upgraded the firmware from www.carnaviplayer.com and found you got this message :'VID PID Authentication Failed’ or failed. Please contact info@carnaviplayer.com and provide the following info, we will upload another firmware for you guys:
    1. The time when you bought the head unit.
    2. The firmware Build number you upgraded.
    3. A photo of the error image when upgrade.

We will note down your message and provide new firmware download link on the product webpage ASAP! Please DO NOT send more emails to request firmware every day!

Hi guys,

as promised i'm starting a new thread on S150 Android Head Unit made by Roadnav (Winca)
    You can easily come back to original firmware simply using original package posted below

Android 2.3.4 Firmware for S150

Boot loader installation instructions
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2346611&d=1382593371

Original Firmware installation instructions

You need Linux and a blank micro sd card
    There are 2 directories in zip file:

i802_sd_recovery
    SD card instruction

"SD card instruction" directory contains boot loader and boot loader installation script on SD card.
    You should read readme.txt instructions (it's chinese, however google translate is your friend).

Then move i802_sd_recovery contents into winca directory on sd card.
    Unmount sd card from your linux workstation and put it in i802 gps slot (left one).
    Turn on i802 unit and update should begin.
    If not, try holding reset and power button with sd card inserted for few secs.

S150 Original Firmware for I802 (Android 2.3.4, with boot loader installation script)
    http://ul.to/khtg47f2

S150 Original Firmware for S150 devices (Most updated versions without bootloader)

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I802 released.
    Version: 2.3
    Build number: GRJ22.V4.00.00-20131121
    MCU: P002
    FLASH: S00C
    Product page: Android OS Universal Double Din DVD Player Navigation System
    Check "Hardware & Software" to see the download link.

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I008 released
    Build number: GRJ22.V4.04.08-20140115
    MCU: B003
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Hyundai Santa Fe

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I018 released.
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Toyota Rav4 2006-2012

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I305 released
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Volkswagen All Series

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I203 released
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Chevrolet Colorado S10

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I052 released
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For BMW E46

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I042 released
    Build number: GRJ22.V4.03.07-20140101
    MCU: A003
    Product page: Volkswagen Touareg Android OS Car Navigation Player

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I053 released
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Suzuki Grand Vitara

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I087 released
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Smart Fortwo Forfour

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I216 released
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Kia Ceed 2013

Android 2.3 OS Firmware For I209 released
    Product page: Android OS Navigation Radio Player For Hyundai SantaFe ix45

Android 4.0 Firmwares for S150

Android 4.0.3 Beta firmware for S150 (with boot loader installation script)
    http://speedy.sh/zKDwF/make-update-sdcard-S150A.rar

Android 4.0.3 Final Official firmware for S150 (without boot loader installation script)
    Zipfile includes configs for i802 and I001 model.
    http://ul.to/qirx9mz4

S100 Original Firmware for S100 WinCe devices

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C042 released
    Version: 6.0
    APP: S100-V1.0.9.0
    MCU: 000L S00E
    Product page: Volkswagen Touareg Autoradio GPS Navigation S100 Head Unit

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C216 released
    Product page: Kia Ceed 2013-2014 Aftermarket Navigation DVD Player

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C074 released
    Product page: Kia Sportage 2011-2014 Aftermarket Navigation DVD Player

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C012 released
    Version:6.0
    APP:S100-V1.4.8.0
    MCU:F00K S00B
    Product page: Mazda 6 2008-2012 Aftermarket Navigation Autoradio

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C045 released
    Product page: Chevrolet Cruze 2008-2012 Autoradio GPS Navigation Head Unit

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C050 released
    APP:S100-V1.1.9.13
    MCU:E00L S00E
    Product page: Audi A4 S4 RS4 2002-2008 Autoradio GPS Navigation Head Unit

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C250 released
    APP: S100-V1.1.9.0
    MCU: E00L S00E
    Product page: Fiat Bravo Aftermarket Navigation Autoradio

S100 Wince OS Firmware For C206 released
    APP:S100-V1.0.9.0
    MCU:F00K S00B
    Product page: Chrysler 2002-2010 Aftermarket Navigation Car Stereo

Share your comments/impressions here!

Many thanks to Allen Wong from http://www.carnaviplayer.com/ for those firmwares!
    New 2.1 Rom available!!

I've uploaded the new version of my Aroma 4.03 rom v2.1, download link is at the end of the post.

First I'd like to thanks the russian developer Dimadina for his 160 DPI mod, the UI looks a lot of better now, the third party apps and the whole UI is not zoomed anymore and it's much better to use. So all credits for this mod goes to him :good:

From Dimadina rom I also decide to copy the same MCU file becaue the V003 included in the 28/03 original winca fw is not stable and was causing me problems at boot/shutdown of the unit, like taking around 10 seconds to light up the power button before the logo.

So this is the changelog:

04.05.2014 - Added Custom Bootanimation option
    30.05.2014 - Fixed Viper Lib installation
    - Changed Aroma resolution to lower dpi
    - Fixed Aroma progress bar
    - Added option to use 160 dpi interface

I increased the Aroma resolution, so we have more room for cheboxes and the progress bar is kind of working now (need more fixes but it's ok)
    Viper4Android now install without problems, you don't have to install the drivers, just enable it for the speakers.
    If you select 160 DPI mod you can still choose my modded version of the radio and bluetooth apk.
    I added the option to install a bootanimation in "data/local" just put the bootanimation.zip in the "bootanimation" folder, best if you use a "...x480" resolution as the screen size is 800x480, just don't use a 480x800 that is vertical mode.

If this rom don't have problems, I will stop for a while modding the 4.03 rom and I'll start porting the aroma installer, the modded radio and other mods to the 2.34 fw. With the aroma will be easyer to move to 4.03 and go back to 2.34 without flashing MCU.

Enjoy ;)

Kitt.gif

S150 4.03 Aroma-Root-160DPI_v2.1.rar
    Technical staff of S150 from CarNaviPlayer.com

Hello, everybody!
    I happened to see this thread today. Glad to see that many members are interest in the S150 Android aftermarket navigation units.
    I am a S150 technical staff from www.CarNaviPlayer.com
    The 2.3 OS is the stablest system at this moment. 4.0 was released recently, there are still some bugs unsolved. Such as it will not display tags when play SD/USB music.
    I can get the latest firmware for all S100, S150(2.3) and S150(4.0). Feel free to contact me if you guys have any questions!
    Check the firmware on product pages on www.CarNaviPlayer.com
    contact me at wanghuies@gmail.com or info@carnaviplayer.com
    S150 Android 4.03 V1.1a rooted latest GAPPS

Here it is

S150_Android_4.03_V1.1a_rooted_latest_GAPPS.rar

Userinstallation like a Normal Phone.
    You Can Set Language, Time and Country at Start.
    no more jumping out of Touchscreen-Calibration.
    ive added new Google Play Services which i leaked out of my Radio after Update - No more Services not Installed bug.
    Kotix Radioapp added.
    Adfree Installed for no adds on S150. u need to activate and DL the host
    Rootuninstaller. Now u Can Delete all unwanted Apps.

4x Mediaplayers Available
    - Stock Music Player
    - Poweramp
    - Jetaudio
    - MXPlayer

if u want the new Playstore. update Talk to Hangouts and its still there

Screenlock bug is there but can be prevented by toogle Stay awake in Development settings.

dont forget to set the ADSET.XML for Your Device
    Code:
    <DATE>
        <define id="[B][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/B]" derivativeID="0" name="[B][COLOR="Red"]I005[/COLOR][/B]"/>
        <openLogo id="0"/>
        <LCD id="[B][COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR][/B]"/>
      </DATE>

Setting LCD
    Code:
     <LCD id="1"/> ; = 7" Hannstar
     <LCD id="2"/> ; = 6.2" Hannstar
     <LCD id="3"/> ; = 7" Innolux
     <LCD id="4"/> ; = 8" Innolux
     <LCD id="5"/> ; = 8" Hannstar
     <LCD id="6"/> ; = 5" Hannstar
     <LCD id="7"/> ; = 9" Innolux
     <LCD id="8"/> ; = 4.3" Innolux
     <LCD id="9"/> ; = 6.95" Tianma
    @TvBIFI Replace launcher2.apk with original one from official 4.03.

@all using my rooted roms
    I made a little mod to the radio interface to have a bigger Station RDS name and a quite bigger buttons on side of the slider:
    2014_02_14_18_11_49.jpg

This is the link to the modified apk:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt5vtds9sdtvjpa/RadioPlayer.apk

Use root explorer to replace the one in the System\app folder and reboot.

I hope you like it :)