S160 - Android 4.4.4 Head Unit

Search This thread

dud10

Jun 21, 2022
Hello guys,

Anyone with a firmware version for a M422 model (Honda HR-V/Vezel)?

I updated the firmware to eng.rks160.20170504.153049.01705040.A00C and my screen started to blink after that. I would like to try other versions.

Thanks in advance,

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Hello guys,

Anyone with a firmware version for a M422 model (Honda HR-V/Vezel)?

I updated the firmware to eng.rks160.20170504.153049.01705040.A00C and my screen started to blink after that. I would like to try other versions.

Thanks in advance,
Hi,
Do you want to try a slightly older Build file to match with your M422 model file?

Regards, Leigh

dud10

Jun 21, 2022
Hi Leigh,

Sure, I do want to try. It's exactly what I am looking for.

Thank you,
Best regards.

ade.putra

Jun 30, 2022
Hi Leigh,

I have boot loop problem with M155 (S160) Android 4.4.4 for chevy orlando. I have try to update the firmware but always failed while updating boot.img/system.img. Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Hi Leigh,

I have boot loop problem with M155 (S160) Android 4.4.4 for chevy orlando. I have try to update the firmware but always failed while updating boot.img/system.img. Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?
Hi,
Where did you get your Firmware from?
Did you follow the instructions on this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s160-android-4-4-4-head-unit.3268023/post-87043041 ?

Just beware that if you use an old SDcard that is not fully formatted correctly things can go wrong because the bootloader can still see some old deleted files.

Regards, Leigh.

ade.putra

Jun 30, 2022
Hi,
Where did you get your Firmware from?
Did you follow the instructions on this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s160-android-4-4-4-head-unit.3268023/post-87043041 ?

Just beware that if you use an old SDcard that is not fully formatted correctly things can go wrong because the bootloader can still see some old deleted files.

Regards, Leigh.

Hi Leigh,

I got the firmware from Roadnav sales person. I have follow the instruction as you mention in that link. Now I'm afraid eMMC is broken. Do you know how could we change eMMC chip?

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Hi Leigh,

I got the firmware from Roadnav sales person. I have follow the instruction as you mention in that link. Now I'm afraid eMMC is broken. Do you know how could we change eMMC chip?
Hi again,

I'll send some links to your PM box.
Download both files and follow the instructions again carefully (remember do not format your SDcard using Win10 or MAC PC or Laptop).

If your next attempt also fails then you can try resoldering all the pins on the CPU Chip (I have done this twice before). It's a fiddly time consuming job but can fix some problems.

Regards, Leigh

ade.putra

Jun 30, 2022
Thanks Leigh,

Well received. Currently I'm trying resoldering the eMMC chip, once it's done, I will try your instruction, and get back here.

bac11

Jul 20, 2022
Hi Guys and Girls,
Some of you may remember me from the old Roadnavi.com Forum.

I can help you with RoadNav S160 Firmwares.
Please post 2 screenshots from your "About Device" showing MCU version and Model number.
If your S160 is already dead, then a photo of the barcode on the back of your unit could help me identify your model.

Regards, Leigh.
Hello! I try find firmware to s160 - m102 can you help?

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1.png
    1.png
    391.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.png
    2.png
    459.4 KB · Views: 11

bac11

Jul 20, 2022
Hi,
Thanks for the photos.
There is a newer Firmware for your Model. I've sent some links to your PM Box.
Please come back and let us know how you go

Enjoy,
Regards, Leigh.
Thanks for the links!
Successfully flashed my head unit
Thank you so much))

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    991.7 KB · Views: 8

g_rom_s

Aug 9, 2022
Hi Guys and Girls,
Some of you may remember me from the old Roadnavi.com Forum.

I can help you with RoadNav S160 Firmwares.
Please post 2 screenshots from your "About Device" showing MCU version and Model number.
If your S160 is already dead, then a photo of the barcode on the back of your unit could help me identify your model.

Regards, Leigh.
Hi!
After refresh of firmware on my m250, seems it lost internal storage or something like that, because no changes saving(deletion of apps or creation of google account). All changes gone after turn off. Moreover, now I'm not able to renew firmware because of failure on 'system check' step. Could you share any instructions or FW updates for my M250 to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_111712252.jpg
    IMG_20220809_111712252.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220809_112437600.jpg
    IMG_20220809_112437600.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220809_112452863.jpg
    IMG_20220809_112452863.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220809_112514040.jpg
    IMG_20220809_112514040.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Hi!
After refresh of firmware on my m250, seems it lost internal storage or something like that, because no changes saving(deletion of apps or creation of google account). All changes gone after turn off. Moreover, now I'm not able to renew firmware because of failure on 'system check' step. Could you share any instructions or FW updates for my M250 to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Hi,
My first question is; where did you get your Firmware Update from?
Or did you do a factory Hard Reset?

After a firmware install (or factory reset), you WILL lose all other Apps that are not part of the upgrade package.
You will need to log in to all of your old accounts again. You will also need to setup your Bluetooth and WiFi configs again.

Your existing Firmware MCU version is 01712290 (which was not a very stable version). What was the main reason that you tried to update? Were you having problems with your unit or just wanted to try to refresh?
MCU version 01705040 is the most stable of all the versions.

Before we upset your existing Firmware, would you like to try a Hard Reset?
Hard Reset
1. Press RESET button for 5 seconds
2. Without releasing RESET button press SRC button (the one with the house icon) for another 5 seconds
3. Then, release RESET button only (keep pressing SRC) and wait until you hear a beep.
4. Unit will reset after that.

Let me know how you go.
Regards, Leigh.

g_rom_s

Aug 9, 2022
Hi,

After a firmware install (or factory reset), you WILL lose all other Apps that are not part of the upgrade package.
You will need to log in to all of your old accounts again. You will also need to setup your Bluetooth and WiFi configs again.

Your existing Firmware MCU version is 01712290 (which was not a very stable version). What was the main reason that you tried to update? Were you having problems with your unit or just wanted to try to refresh?

Hard Reset
2. Without releasing RESET button press SRC button (the one with the house icon) for another 5 seconds
3. Then, release RESET button only (keep pressing SRC) and wait until you hear a beep.

Let me know how you go.
Regards, Leigh.
Thanks for quick response!
Yeah, I know that after FW update or reset to factory settings I will lost all settings and data. But I wondered that after FW update head unit does not save any changes, each time it looks like after reset of setting, however it keeps WiFi settings and nothing else. For example, after turn off saved radio station has vanished as well as google account, deleted preinstalled applications(MX player, YuoTube, wallpapers etc) again on their places. So, it looks like after reboot it returns to factory state except WiFi settings(it save connection to hot-spot). Sometimes impossible to install app because of lack of storage despite the fact that it has over 1Gb of free space.
I'm afraid that 'Hard Reset' is not my case, because M250 does not have nor RESET neither SRC buttons :)
Current firmware I received from RoadNav a couple years ago.
If you have another FirmWare versions for M250 I'll appreciate if you can share it with me, I want to try to update FW to another version, perhaps it will help.
Regards!
P.S.: on attached print screens I'm trying to install radio player which is about 10-20Mb.
P.P.S.: yes, I have SRC button with house icon, but RESET haven't found.

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_113513172_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220809_113513172_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220809_113524092.jpg
    IMG_20220809_113524092.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

g_rom_s

Aug 9, 2022
Hi,

Hard Reset

Let me know how you go.
Regards, Leigh.
Hi
I found RESET button under MAP cap and have tried to execute HARD RESET. As result I've got the error: No command. :(
Looks like some issue with NAND Flash.

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_084950722.jpg
    IMG_20220810_084950722.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Hi
I found RESET button under MAP cap and have tried to execute HARD RESET. As result I've got the error: No command. :(
Looks like some issue with NAND Flash.
Hahaha, I was about to type that you should look under the flap where your SDcard goes :D

Don't worry.
I'll send a Link to your PM box later tonight (I have to have my dinner first).
Regards, Leigh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! I try find firmware to s160 - m102 can you help?
    Hi,
    Thanks for the photos.
    There is a newer Firmware for your Model. I've sent some links to your PM Box.
    Please come back and let us know how you go

Enjoy,
    Regards, Leigh.
    Time to open a new thread, because I can't find anything about this new Pure Android 4.4.4 S160 HeadUnit.
    I think there is much to discuss about this unit. Help me to complete this thread.
    ==============================================================================================================

After the arrival of the S100 and S150.... now there is the Android S160 Head Unit.

There are several companies that bring the S160 on the market:
    RoadNav Software Manufacturer
    Witson
    etc..

attachment.php

attachment.php

==============================================================================================================

Known issues so far:
    Tested on model W2-M085

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

The errors from above appear only in version later than September 2015 for example:
    Build number: rk3188-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q eng.rks160.20151121.162340
    Build number: rk3188-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q eng.rks160.20151021.161502

How to upgrade your firmware?

1 Download the RoadNav Android S160 firmware for your model here
    2 Extract and Copy the files into the SD card and insert the SD card into the GPS Slot (it must be this slot)
    3 Power OFF your radio (turn car key to OFF position)
    4 Wait about 5-10 minutes for SRC light to go OFF
    5 Hold the SRC button and turn car key to ON position. You should hear a beep, keep holding than it beep twice, then loose the source button.
    6 Upgrade will start automatically.
    7 After about 5 minutes a message at the bottom says Installation complete. BUT, that's not the end of the upgrade.
    8 The radio screen goes black and beeps for 1 minute (this is normal, don't touch it !!)
    9 After some more updates the "installation is complete please remove card"
    10 Remove the SDcard and the radio automatically reboots.

If this information was valuable.. press the Thanks button

Regards,
    BockyWocky
    New s160 skin and new mods are on the way...

I'm helping Alper developing the new "Tune" skin for s160.
    Here you can see some working progress:
    https://youtu.be/P2_5tPNSbPc

I also made a few mods to the radio screen like:
    - show frequency and rds name on same line in radio list.
    - changed scrolling RDS names in bookmark buttons with 2 lines string
    BHLp1sJ.png

7vyHliI.png

I fixed some bugs in the skin engine code to allow all icons and graphic switch from skin to skin.

vVNrabn.png

pni91bG.png

BkJkxHu.png

ligJolo.png

mgsdXmC.png

HeT1gI3.png

OnXDDOj.png
    These are chinese units so don't expect nothing perfect, they are cheaper then alpine etc.. that's all

1. Not that bad quality...

2. on newer s160 ipod is supported, on old one no.
    New firmwares should have improved it a bit too

3. PM me so I can give you emails of other m306 users

4. can be better, need to change a bit the internal antenna position

5. yes, why not?

6. yes, but need a small trick

7.it's good indeed

8 yes, torque work with BT obd

9. s150 is android 4.03 and it's a lot of worst than s160

I want remember everybody that there is an official support forum at www.roadnav.com

I have a blog and a site:
    Www.kotixworld.blogspot.com
    Www.navimods.tk

BR ;)
    My new S160 look

Screenshot_2017-01-13-18-15-12.pngScreenshot_2017-01-13-18-14-42.pngScreenshot_2017-01-13-18-16-46.png
    412530fe68ca19ddd486250188e41ecd.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-12-09-14-01.png

Gesendet von meinem HTC One A9 mit Tapatalk
    Hi all,

Thanks for posting this. I have an S160 and have since found some issues, which I have some questions about:

1. Is everybody's WIFI terrible? Mine can not get wifi unless it is from my phone hot-spot sitting inside the car, and then it depends on where I place the phone inside the car, and then it will still drop out very often. Basically the WIFI is unusable.
    2. Is there a fix for the terrible wifi? I was thinking I should use an external wifi dongle? Or can I install an external wifi antenna? Or is there a software fix?
    3. Does anybody use an external 4G dongle? Which type?
    4. The radio reception is terrible, is there a fix for this? I was thinking about an antenna booster.
    5. In my car (2013 Ford Ranger) there is a button that says "Phone". When I press it, it tries to play music from my phone, but fails. I would rather have this button go to the phone bluetooth menu. How do I reprogram this button?
    6. Mine uses BT 2.0, some things I want to pair with use BT4.0,
    7. I haven't tried this as I haven't installed the 2nd monitor yet, but If I want to play a movie from the SD card or USB stick, can I send video and sound to the external monitor, and leave the normal interface on the main screen?
    8. Is this the same as when I play a DVD?
    9. Does anybody know of any custom interfaces, or how to customise the standard interface? What about removing the interface all together, and just customising the android UI the way I like it.
    10. How can I change which screen/interface starts on boot, but still have the radio turn on?
    11. Is there a way to speed up boot times?