S160 - Android 4.4.4 Head Unit

Search This thread

Liljana

Dec 5, 2022
Hello,
can you please give me a link to a firmware for S160 M008?
Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• photo-2.jpeg
    photo-2.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 10

MNAID

Dec 6, 2022
Hello,
can you please give me a link to a firmware for S160 M209?
Thank you very much for your help.
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-06 at 16.19.34 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-06 at 16.19.34 (2).jpg

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Hi Adrin,
Your MCU is newer than I provide. I remember that your September version had some problems so I provide the most stable version from March.

Did you try conversion from Dalvik to ART and then it got stuck on Logo? If this is the case then you should wait for 10-15 minutes for the OS to load and then you can convert back again.

Next: You should try a Hard Reset (you will keep your existing version)..
1. Press RESET button for 5 seconds
2. Without releasing RESET button press SRC button (the one with the house icon) for another 5 seconds
3. Then, release RESET button only (keep pressing SRC) and wait until you hear a beep.
4. Unit will reset after that.

I sent some M145 Firmware links to your PM Box. Follow the instructions previously posted in this thread.

Let me know how you go.
Regards, Leigh

Adrin_palmer

Dec 21, 2022
Hola Adrin,
Su MCU es más nuevo que el que proporciono. Recuerdo que su versión de septiembre tuvo algunos problemas, así que proporciono la versión más estable de marzo.

¿Intentó la conversión de Dalvik a ART y luego se atascó en Logo? Si este es el caso, debe esperar de 10 a 15 minutos para que se cargue el sistema operativo y luego puede volver a convertirlo.

Siguiente: debe intentar un restablecimiento completo (mantendrá su versión existente).
1. Presione el botón RESET durante 5 segundos
2. Sin soltar el botón RESET, presione el botón SRC (el que tiene el ícono de la casa) por otros 5 segundos
3. Luego, suelte solo el botón RESET (siga presionando SRC) y espere hasta que escuche un pitido.
4. La unidad se restablecerá después de eso.

Envié algunos enlaces de Firmware M145 a su PM Box. Siga las instrucciones publicadas anteriormente en este hilo.

Déjame saber cómo vas.
Saludos, LLei

Hi Adrin,
Your MCU is newer than I provide. I remember that your September version had some problems so I provide the most stable version from March.

Did you try conversion from Dalvik to ART and then it got stuck on Logo? If this is the case then you should wait for 10-15 minutes for the OS to load and then you can convert back again.

Next: You should try a Hard Reset (you will keep your existing version)..
1. Press RESET button for 5 seconds
2. Without releasing RESET button press SRC button (the one with the house icon) for another 5 seconds
3. Then, release RESET button only (keep pressing SRC) and wait until you hear a beep.
4. Unit will reset after that.

I sent some M145 Firmware links to your PM Box. Follow the instructions previously posted in this thread.

Let me know how you go.
Regards, Leigh
I changed to art and It gave me the problem in the logo.

The problem i did It for is because It gets stuck at startup giving me a blank screen and It doesn t go from there.
That's why i was looking for a more stable firmware versión.

Do you recommend doing a new update?
Thank you So much

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Australia
I changed to art and It gave me the problem in the logo.

Do you recommend doing a new update?
Thank you So much
Hi Adrin,
Wait 15 minutes and see if boots. Then convert back to Dalvik.

My March version is more stable than your September version.
You can try the update at your own risk.
When you do an update, there is a risk that you can damage your radio's circuit board. The extra voltage required to flash the MCU can cause weak solder joints to fail. If this happens you will need to re-solder these joints.

Please remember that it is very important that the SDcard is FULLY Format FAT32. Do not use Win10 or MAC to format the card (Laptops should be avoided also). 2GB or 4GB is best.
Regards, Leigh

Adrin_palmer

Dec 21, 2022
Hola Adrin,
Espere 15 minutos y vea si arranca. Luego vuelva a convertir a Dalvik.

Mi versión de marzo es más estable que la de septiembre.
Puede probar la actualización bajo su propio riesgo.
Cuando realiza una actualización, existe el riesgo de que pueda dañar la placa de circuito de su radio. El voltaje adicional requerido para flashear la MCU puede causar fallas en las uniones de soldadura débiles. Si esto sucede, deberá volver a soldar estas uniones.

Recuerde que es muy importante que la tarjeta SD esté TOTALMENTE en formato FAT32. No use Win10 o MAC para formatear la tarjeta (también se deben evitar las computadoras portátiles). 2 GB o 4 GB es lo mejor.
Saludos, Leigh
Perfecto. Cuando dices esperar 15 minutos, ¿es cuando las bolas se mueven en círculos?

¿Las luces de radio ven en Verde?

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Ok, i change to dalvik. But sometimes the radio has locked in the logo and doesn't run correctly.
What happen?
Hi Adrin,
Have you done the Hard Reset yet?

Now you can install Firmware Update. Please remember the risk is up to you.

Remember: FULL Format SDcard. 2GB or 4GB. Not Win10. Not MAC. Not Laptop.
Extract both files and copy to SDcard (you can send a screenshot of the files in the root of your SDcard, to my PM, if you want me to check that you have all files in correct places before you begin).

Regards, Leigh

Reactions: electro_bordeaux1

PataTroX

Mar 27, 2008
Hello,

i've got a M017-2 with a 20170504 firmware. do you know if there is a (better) newer version avaiable ? thanx.

Last edited:

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Hello,

i've got a M017-2 with a 20170504 firmware. do you know if there is a (better) newer version avaiable ? thanx.
Hi,
version 20170504 is the most stable version. there are a few newer versions but many users had problems with them so I never recommend anything newer than 20170504

Just remember that Google no longer supports Android 4.4.4 so you may have problems using newer Apps.

Maybe it time to think about updating to a newer radio with Android 10 or 11
Regards, Leigh

Reactions: electro_bordeaux1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Leigh! :)
    can you please help me with my S160?

I attached pictures from the red screen ant the serial numbers.
    Can you please help me with the solution?
    Thank you in advance!
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply (I'm on holiday in the middle of the Pacific Ocean)

First, you can try to do a Hard Reset which will re-install your existing Firmware.
    Hard Reset:
    1. Press & hold RESET button (tiny hole) for 5 seconds
    4. Your Unit will reset and re-install after that.

If Hard Reset does not solve the Red Screen then you can Install one of my Firmwares.
    I've sent links to your PM box.

Regards, Leigh.
    hello
    device: M294-2

thanks in advance if you can send me the latest firmware
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply (I'm on holiday in the middle of the Pacific Ocean).

Unfortunately, I do not have a newer copy of M294-2.
    However, I can make you a newer version if you send me a copy of the config files from your unit. I've sent instructions to your PM Box.

Regards, Leigh.
    H
    Hi everyone,
    I own an S160 M305-2
    I ask please if it is possible to update it and where I can find the procedure to do so.
    Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    I have sent links to newer M305-2 Firmware to your PM Box

Regards, Leigh
    Hi Leigh,I hope that you have the firmware for my S160 for Peugeot 307.

Regards Okki6
    Hi,
    I have sent links to M017-2 Firmware to your PM Box

Regards, Leigh
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply (I'm on holiday in the middle of the Pacific Ocean)

First, you can try to do a Hard Reset which will re-install your existing Firmware.
    Hard Reset:
    1. Press & hold RESET button (tiny hole) for 5 seconds
    4. Your Unit will reset and re-install after that.

If Hard Reset does not solve the Red Screen then you can Install one of my Firmwares.
    I've sent links to your PM box.

Regards, Leigh.
    Hi,
    No problem, enjoy your holiday!!! ;)

All right, I will try the hard reset, and if it does not work, then let's see with the files.

Thank you very much!
    Best regards, and have a great holiday!
    Time to open a new thread, because I can't find anything about this new Pure Android 4.4.4 S160 HeadUnit.
    I think there is much to discuss about this unit. Help me to complete this thread.
    ==============================================================================================================

After the arrival of the S100 and S150.... now there is the Android S160 Head Unit.

There are several companies that bring the S160 on the market:
    RoadNav Software Manufacturer
    Witson
    etc..

attachment.php

attachment.php

==============================================================================================================

Known issues so far:
    Tested on model W2-M085

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

The errors from above appear only in version later than September 2015 for example:
    Build number: rk3188-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q eng.rks160.20151121.162340
    Build number: rk3188-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q eng.rks160.20151021.161502

How to upgrade your firmware?

1 Download the RoadNav Android S160 firmware for your model here
    2 Extract and Copy the files into the SD card and insert the SD card into the GPS Slot (it must be this slot)
    3 Power OFF your radio (turn car key to OFF position)
    4 Wait about 5-10 minutes for SRC light to go OFF
    5 Hold the SRC button and turn car key to ON position. You should hear a beep, keep holding than it beep twice, then loose the source button.
    6 Upgrade will start automatically.
    7 After about 5 minutes a message at the bottom says Installation complete. BUT, that's not the end of the upgrade.
    8 The radio screen goes black and beeps for 1 minute (this is normal, don't touch it !!)
    9 After some more updates the "installation is complete please remove card"
    10 Remove the SDcard and the radio automatically reboots.

If this information was valuable.. press the Thanks button

Regards,
    BockyWocky
    Hi Guys and Girls,
    Some of you may remember me from the old Roadnavi.com Forum.

I can help you with RoadNav S160 Firmwares.
    Please post 2 screenshots from your "About Device" showing MCU version and Model number.
    If your S160 is already dead, then a photo of the barcode on the back of your unit could help me identify your model.

Regards, Leigh.
    New s160 skin and new mods are on the way...

I'm helping Alper developing the new "Tune" skin for s160.
    Here you can see some working progress:
    https://youtu.be/P2_5tPNSbPc

I also made a few mods to the radio screen like:
    - show frequency and rds name on same line in radio list.
    - changed scrolling RDS names in bookmark buttons with 2 lines string
    BHLp1sJ.png

7vyHliI.png

I fixed some bugs in the skin engine code to allow all icons and graphic switch from skin to skin.

vVNrabn.png

pni91bG.png

BkJkxHu.png

ligJolo.png

mgsdXmC.png

HeT1gI3.png

OnXDDOj.png
    These are chinese units so don't expect nothing perfect, they are cheaper then alpine etc.. that's all

1. Not that bad quality...

2. on newer s160 ipod is supported, on old one no.
    New firmwares should have improved it a bit too

3. PM me so I can give you emails of other m306 users

4. can be better, need to change a bit the internal antenna position

5. yes, why not?

6. yes, but need a small trick

7.it's good indeed

8 yes, torque work with BT obd

9. s150 is android 4.03 and it's a lot of worst than s160

I want remember everybody that there is an official support forum at www.roadnav.com

I have a blog and a site:
    Www.kotixworld.blogspot.com
    Www.navimods.tk

BR ;)
    My new S160 look

Screenshot_2017-01-13-18-15-12.pngScreenshot_2017-01-13-18-14-42.pngScreenshot_2017-01-13-18-16-46.png
    412530fe68ca19ddd486250188e41ecd.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-12-09-14-01.png

Gesendet von meinem HTC One A9 mit Tapatalk