• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

S20 FE cannot set screen lock

Search This thread

aioe8384

Dec 14, 2019
First of all, since I do not speak English, I am very sorry for using translation software.
I cannot set any lock methods on the phone, including graphics and numeric passwords. Once set, it will freeze for a few seconds and then report an error. The official ROM currently in use also uses a third party. Can you suspect a hardware problem?
I'm very much obliged to you

Translation:
First of all, since I do not speak English, I am very sorry for using translation software.
I cannot set any lock methods on the phone, including graphics and numeric passwords. Once set, it will freeze for a few seconds and then report an error. The official ROM currently in use also uses a third party. Can you suspect a hardware problem?
I'm very much obliged to you

Last edited:

aioe8384

Dec 14, 2019
This is an error in the ONE UI 2.5
F8LQ73`4}VF62T$)EDHN16C.png

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I found a person with the same problem on reddit. It also appeared after upgrading Android 11. Is there a small probability of BUG?
oh I don't doubt that it's a bug, something isn't working the way it should. I'm saying it might be restricted to the firmware in your region or be related to your language option, something that means not many are experiencing it.
you can report the bug to Samsung https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
see bottom of page