• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S20 FE development ?

Search This thread

ASMstudent

Aug 28, 2015
Recently a complete device tree was developed for all of the S20 family (except FE).
Many custom ROMs most of them went official.
Apparently, S20 FE has some different hardware ( WiFi chip and others) that prevent cross development and flashing.
What can regular users contribute with to help with the process that would make us catch up with the progress made with S20 family?

anees02

Feb 9, 2009
Sana'a
If anyone releases free bootloader unlock for (S20 FE Snapdragon US models), I think the development will be more available.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I'm not sure what the current state of play is nowadays but I've had phones where Verizon and Sprint bootloaders were locked but development was plentiful.
if a phone is very popular it'll usually attract support.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
for the first few years, while Samsung is supporting this phone surely the most stable, fully functional roms are going to be ONEUI based ones.
strip out all the Samsung, Microsoft and even a few Google apps. keep the camera algorithms and the 120hz as is but maybe swap the kernel to add a few features and workarounds etc ?

I'd love an AOSP rom on this phone but my experience has been the further you stray from the base firmware the more there is that never quite works right.