S20 FE exynos 990 Overheat

Search This thread

Okan94

Sep 17, 2012
Hello friends. I bought S20 fe exynos 990 and gets very hotting during phone calls. I feel it in my ear. Before that,I was using s9+, it did not have such a problem. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem?

Jun 12, 2009
Dear @Okan94:
Unfortunately, this processor got huge problems with overheating. I've also bought S20 (first realease) a year ago, and after a week i've returned back that, cause its almost "went into flames" in a mostly simple operations. I heard about some Class Action LawSuit WorldWide against this processor, but don't know how this ended.
As an extreme example (?):
It happened during a car driving ( i always use three apps simultanesouly - Google Maps + Music + Yanosik [polish antiradar app] with Vidoe Recording)...that ended really badly = the brilliant(!) "Safe&Secure" built-in chip simply disabled/closed running apps, to reduce the overheats from 70-80C down to around 60C! it happened to me 3 time during couple of car trips, but never before on other Galaxys.
I think this is still a problem with Exynos 990 and apparently Samsung will still be pushing this crap into other devices.
I ended up finally with S20 FE 5G 8/256GB...i'm more than happy now ;)

Good luck Man!

Sentelin

Jun 25, 2015
And this is the answer you will get like 100% of the time.

The thing is, when I bought it, it tended to heat and stay that way, since it was constatly running heavy background tasks, especially when you clone old device to new (I consider overheating if it goes above 45* which only does when I play demanding games for hours) or charging on 25w fast charging. The only other time it gets close to 45 is when I expose it directly to sun and outside is easily 28+ degrees (celsius) show me the phone who remains cold on direct sunlight when it's scorching.

The unit will start to heat and etc much less - including prologue battery sustainability as days go by, but what I dont get is how are you people getting 60c ?

For me it never went beyond 45 to begin with, and it stays at stable 27-37 when I use it moderately to extensively - the same thing you get with SD, don't sell empty stories, plus not all of us are willing or can switch back and forth.

Here is a proof:

Screenshot_20210502-214249_Thermal Guardian.jpg

The period when it's at the lowest is when I was using phone just for some social media activity and etc or in idle mode. I actually even went ahead and allowed the threshold to increase for 2 C more before throttling.

The icons here can be confusing but basically Third level (orange unhappy smiley means that it's above 35 and closing to 42-45. And that's by no means hot potato temperature.

Not ideal but also fairly normal. My suggestion is to install thermal apps to identify what exactly is overusing your phone CPU in the background all the time because that's what causing overheating and doze it when you don't need it.

Last edited:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Samsung have stopped production of the S20FE in the Exynos 990 variant.
apparently it will be replaced by a snapdragon 4G version and the existing stock will be sold off cheap.
I'd google that lawsuit and see about trying to get Sammy to swap your phones for something else (if that's at all achievable).

LOTS of unhappy ''Exytoast'' users on reddit r/Samsung Galaxy S20FE

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Google Pixel 7
Hello friends. I bought S20 fe exynos 990 and gets very hotting during phone calls. I feel it in my ear. Before that,I was using s9+, it did not have such a problem. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem?
It will always have a heating issue, such a bad processor, that's why I spend the extra 100 pounds and got the snapdragon, hasn't overheated once even when playing cod mobile on high settings

daniel.cabral

May 13, 2021
I've got the exy version, and two weeks later it was completely replaced by the Snapdragon version in Brazil markets. I've got pissed and called Samsung to switch my Exynos by a snapdragon version. They told me I can send the phone for assistance and evaluation, but before I should try a new FW version they launched - but not in Brazil yet.

SW version endings with BTL1 (mine is CUCC from April). I'll wait for more or less one month. If nothing happens I can send it to Samsung (to a replacement, I hope so)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Samsung is notorious for substituting parts during a production run including smaller chipsets and... heat pipes.
This can and does cause consumer issues. The most common one is firmware updates producing erratic results with the substituted chipsets that didn't recieve that correct instructions🤣
That can be one reason why Samsung asks for the unit; to physically inspect it to see what they used in it as they can't tell otherwise😳
For a box full of rabid gerbils they do pretty good...🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How frustrating....I'll wait some time, and return the unit to them - obviously asking for an snapdragon version :)

They removed Exynos from market and are selling the SD version CHEAPER ¬¬
    Samsung have stopped production of the S20FE in the Exynos 990 variant.
    apparently it will be replaced by a snapdragon 4G version and the existing stock will be sold off cheap.
    I'd google that lawsuit and see about trying to get Sammy to swap your phones for something else (if that's at all achievable).

LOTS of unhappy ''Exytoast'' users on reddit r/Samsung Galaxy S20FE
    Samsung is notorious for substituting parts during a production run including smaller chipsets and... heat pipes.
    This can and does cause consumer issues. The most common one is firmware updates producing erratic results with the substituted chipsets that didn't recieve that correct instructions🤣
    That can be one reason why Samsung asks for the unit; to physically inspect it to see what they used in it as they can't tell otherwise😳
    For a box full of rabid gerbils they do pretty good...🤣