S20/S20+/Ultra - GUIDE: Remove Bootloader Unlocked Warnings Etc

Search This thread

xbt-

Aug 8, 2013
Moscow
I removed the bootloader warning on my S20+ and attached the .tar file you need to flash in the AP slot. Also wrote a quick guide how to do it yourself for other models or to personalize it.

I found a guide, original credit to this youtube video.

As a result I personally modifed several files in photoshop to remove all the bootloader unlocked warnings, etc, and also to remove all non-english text on the download screen, etc.

All you need to do if you have my exact phone is to

0. Make sure you have SM-G985F/DS (S20+) phone ONLY. Otherwise, skip to create your own assets or see if another user added your phone into this thread.
I. Boot into DL mode (either boot into TWRP and click download, or turn off phone and turn it on and hold VolUP+Power until it goes to recovery, or VolDn+Power and insert USB)
II. flash the file attached, up_param.tar that I have attached, under the AP tab in Odin. Yes, AP NOT BL!!

Success!

It might seem like boot is longer, but it's the same time, it's just now 3 separate screens are all the same one instead of extra screens with errors.

odin.jpg

ABOUT THE MOD:

Changed this to just black, thus removing it:
booting_warning.jpg

Changed these 3 screens to the one after it (and positioned them perfectly):
screens.jpg

Also changed some other ones by removing things like WARNING! and non-english text.

e.g.
unlock.jpg

In case you want to do it for other phones, I don't know if it's the same assets so I would NOT recommend to flash my exact file, but rather create your own using my assets I attached that I created. Open the original file in photoshop and you can do whatever you want to it.

To modify other phones, you need:
A. 7-zip Z-std (ZS) version (regular 7-zip doesn't work)
B. Odin (attached, or find it on XDA)
C. (Optional) Photoshop or photo editor app

HOW TO MODIFY OTHER PHONES ASSETS:
1. First extract up_param.lz4 using 7-zip ZS.
2. Now extract up_param.bin to its own folder.
3. Modify the assets however you like. You can personalize literally however you like, modify these pictures in any way and you get your own boot screens.
4. Open up_param.bin using 7-zip ZS FM (open and choose default as 7-Zip ZS FM, navigate to it),
5. Drag and drop your modified files into up_param.bin
6. Right-click and choose 7-zip ZS > Add to archive
7. Choose a tar archive and click OK

compress 1.jpg

7z.jpg

Then just do the first steps I & II at the top of this post to finish the flash.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• up_param.tar
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 13
  • logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 12
  • svb_orange.jpg
    svb_orange.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 12
  • warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 12
  • warning_svb.jpg
    warning_svb.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 11
  • download_error.jpg
    download_error.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 11
  • device_lock.jpg
    device_lock.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 13
  • device_unlock.jpg
    device_unlock.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 16
  • booting_warning.jpg
    booting_warning.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Odin3_v3.14.4.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: serajr and lukjod

xbt-

Aug 8, 2013
Moscow
Please add that it is only for Exynos version. On snapdragon it will not work
Not quite. It will work on Chinese variant that can unlock bootloader and anything that can unlock bootloader.

WILL NOT WORK ON US/CA DEVICES, DON'T TRY! (Bootloader will likely never be unlocked on those devices.)

Only use this if you have unlocked bootloader/rooted.

Use common sense.

Hope it helps.

p.s. I have an exynos version for the root. I'd rather have 8gb ram and unlocked bootloader than US locked bootloader trash with 12gb ram. That said I'd rather have a 5+ year old device than to not be able to unlock the bootloader/root.

xbt-

Aug 8, 2013
Moscow
Later I'm going to modify these screens with a dimmer version. I always hate rebooting my phone at night with that ultra bright glaring logo.

lukjod

Aug 12, 2004
Warsaw
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Not quite. It will work on Chinese variant that can unlock bootloader and anything that can unlock bootloader.

WILL NOT WORK ON US/CA DEVICES, DON'T TRY! (Bootloader will likely never be unlocked on those devices.)

Only use this if you have unlocked bootloader/rooted.

Use common sense.

Hope it helps.

p.s. I have an exynos version for the root. I'd rather have 8gb ram and unlocked bootloader than US locked bootloader trash with 12gb ram. That said I'd rather have a 5+ year old device than to not be able to unlock the bootloader/root.
Well, I have EUR version of Z Flip 3 with snapdragon, rooted and with unblocked bootloader. Simply this way is ONLY valid for Samsung Exynos chipset and not for SNAPDRAGON. There is no up_param in Snapdragon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I removed the bootloader warning on my S20+ and attached the .tar file you need to flash in the AP slot. Also wrote a quick guide how to do it yourself for other models or to personalize it.

I found a guide, original credit to this youtube video.

As a result I personally modifed several files in photoshop to remove all the bootloader unlocked warnings, etc, and also to remove all non-english text on the download screen, etc.

All you need to do if you have my exact phone is to

0. Make sure you have SM-G985F/DS (S20+) phone ONLY. Otherwise, skip to create your own assets or see if another user added your phone into this thread.
    I. Boot into DL mode (either boot into TWRP and click download, or turn off phone and turn it on and hold VolUP+Power until it goes to recovery, or VolDn+Power and insert USB)
    II. flash the file attached, up_param.tar that I have attached, under the AP tab in Odin. Yes, AP NOT BL!!

Success!

It might seem like boot is longer, but it's the same time, it's just now 3 separate screens are all the same one instead of extra screens with errors.

odin.jpg

ABOUT THE MOD:

Changed this to just black, thus removing it:
    booting_warning.jpg

Changed these 3 screens to the one after it (and positioned them perfectly):
    screens.jpg

Also changed some other ones by removing things like WARNING! and non-english text.

e.g.
    unlock.jpg

In case you want to do it for other phones, I don't know if it's the same assets so I would NOT recommend to flash my exact file, but rather create your own using my assets I attached that I created. Open the original file in photoshop and you can do whatever you want to it.

To modify other phones, you need:
    A. 7-zip Z-std (ZS) version (regular 7-zip doesn't work)
    B. Odin (attached, or find it on XDA)
    C. (Optional) Photoshop or photo editor app

HOW TO MODIFY OTHER PHONES ASSETS:
    1. First extract up_param.lz4 using 7-zip ZS.
    2. Now extract up_param.bin to its own folder.
    3. Modify the assets however you like. You can personalize literally however you like, modify these pictures in any way and you get your own boot screens.
    4. Open up_param.bin using 7-zip ZS FM (open and choose default as 7-Zip ZS FM, navigate to it),
    5. Drag and drop your modified files into up_param.bin
    6. Right-click and choose 7-zip ZS > Add to archive
    7. Choose a tar archive and click OK

compress 1.jpg

7z.jpg

Then just do the first steps I & II at the top of this post to finish the flash.

Hope it helps!
    Please add that it is only for Exynos version. On snapdragon it will not work