• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

S20FE or Mi 10T Pro?

Search This thread

domsch1988

Mar 6, 2011
Köln
As the title says, i'm looking to get a new Phone and can't really decide.

I'm getting the non-5G version in Germany, so for the S20, Exynos it is. I have the S10e now and never had major issues with that Exynos, so it's not really a downside for me.
I've had Xiaomi phones in the past and neither MIUI nor OneUI bother me.

It basically comes down to: I've had better luck with unlocking xiaomi phones (and this still seems to be true now), but the Samsung offers AMOLED. Both are high refreshrate. I don't care for cameras too much.

The xiaomi will be marginally cheaper (not by much). I just need a large phone to replace my S10e now and it really seems to be a toss up in this case. What would you choose? Maybe had experience with either of the phones?

Rick_BR

As the title says, i'm looking to get a new Phone and can't really decide.

I'm getting the non-5G version in Germany, so for the S20, Exynos it is. I have the S10e now and never had major issues with that Exynos, so it's not really a downside for me.
I've had Xiaomi phones in the past and neither MIUI nor OneUI bother me.

It basically comes down to: I've had better luck with unlocking xiaomi phones (and this still seems to be true now), but the Samsung offers AMOLED. Both are high refreshrate. I don't care for cameras too much.

The xiaomi will be marginally cheaper (not by much). I just need a large phone to replace my S10e now and it really seems to be a toss up in this case. What would you choose? Maybe had experience with either of the phones?

You basically answered your question. If you don't mind too much about exynos and the difference in price is minimal, pick the S20 FE. You'll have the AMOLED and some extras like, IP68, Samsung PAY, DEX, and others.

domsch1988

Mar 6, 2011
Köln
You basically answered your question. If you don't mind too much about exynos and the difference in price is minimal, pick the S20 FE. You'll have the AMOLED and some extras like, IP68, Samsung PAY, DEX, and others.
Yeah wasn't sure how big the Exynos "penalty" was this generation. Seems Standby drain is higher from what i gathered. You're probably right as the screen is the most important thing on a phone. Since we're charging every day anyways...
I liked that the Mi10T is a bit bigger but i guess that's only noticable in direct comparison.

bladez

Nov 6, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
People really overestimate online on how much the exynos is behind of snapdragon. By notebookcheck's benches, it's barely -10% slower, but people also forget the 5G SD version is up to 150€ more expensive in some places, so you end up paying over 20% more for 10% performance.