S21 Android 12 "item already copied to clipboard" pop-up [SOLVED]

Search This thread

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
SM-G991U - Since Android 12 upgrade, often when unlocking I set a random pop-up that says, "item already copied to clipboard". I can't find anything to tun it off and it screaming doesn't affect to issue either. Anyone else have this and fix it? It makes no sense.

richard.day

May 1, 2011
I'm also experiencing this but unfortunately I've no idea what's causing it. I'll keep an eye out for more reports of it.

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
I found some complaints on the Samsung forum too. Nothing suggested seems to fix it. I keep f'ing with settings that not only don't fix this but other things then get FU. Supper annoying.
What I think is happening is that unlocking the screen triggers the copying to clipboard pop-up but it's just the message. I can't see that anything is copied to clipboard except text I choose.
Not sure my AT&T POS can be rooted easily but when I get tired of this clipboard nonsense I'll look into it. I imagine a custom de-bloated ROM will fix it is Samsung won't.

richard.day

May 1, 2011
Do you have KDE Connect installed? If so, could you try disabling Clipboard Sync in the plugin settings and see whether that stops the pop-ups?

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
Thanks. That suggestion has promise. I assume that worked for you. I've disabled it and will let you know after a day or two. Maybe the reason it isn't a huge problem is that that Android/Linux users aren't a big user base?

richard.day

May 1, 2011
Since I've disabled that option in KDE Connect I've not seen the pop-up once (been a couple of days).

It makes sense because I think KDE Connect is regularly copying stuff to the clipboard from the connected computer. A lot of the time it will be the same data and whereas Android 11 never reported it, Android 12 obviously does.

So it's not an Android issue as such (although why _would_ it report that a needless copy to clipboard operation has been performed? It would just be an annoyance anyway!), I think KDE Connect needs to change to a check before copying to the clipboard.

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
Excellent. You totally nailed KDE Connect as causing it. I haven't gotten the pop-up for 2 days now.
KDE Connect could "fix it" by simply making the "feature" off by default. I'm still inclined to think Android should fix it. Earlier Android releases didn't have this problem. I've had KDE Connect for years.
Thanks for the work around!

UbinTook

Mar 18, 2012
I am having this issue( item already copied to clipboard) with a new Samsung A52 (recently updated to android 12 One UI 4.0 but was doing the same prior to update), i do not have KDE connect installed that i can find.

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
Crazy idea but knowing that removing KDE Connect from the S21 fixed the issue, install KDE Connect and then uninstall KDE Connect. Maybe it leaves some residual that corrects the problem. Can't hurt.

I also recommend starting a thread for the A52 asking this question.

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
Didn't work for me while KDE Connect was installed. Maybe this is the problem "Alert when clipboard accessed" being turned on under privacy for the A52 users.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, since removing KDE Connect I haven't had any issue with it. I suggest you start a new thread for the A52. This thread solves is for the S21.