• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S21 GCam Ports

Search This thread

vincement

Jan 8, 2015
I want to share my XML for S21 Snapdragon, which works on BSG 8.1.
I've made a noise model for Tele 2x, set AWB for night sight to remove color cast, with other minor improvements.
@beserker15's information helps me a lot. Thank you very much!
Applied your XML on my S21 Snapdragon August patch.
Within the first 3 seconds upon launching the gcam app, it will keep on & struggle to re-focus "on the center" no matter where I tap on the screen. Wait for the focus to disappear, then only the app functions normally. No issue with berserker's version previously.

D

Deleted member 11783261

Applied your XML on my S21 Snapdragon August patch.
Within the first 3 seconds upon launching the gcam app, it will keep on & struggle to re-focus "on the center" no matter where I tap on the screen. Wait for the focus to disappear, then only the app functions normally. No issue with berserker's version previously.
Fixed and I updated the file.

Reactions: mikeck

SirArtorias

Jun 26, 2014
Hi guys, Just a quick question.

Wich is the difference between the versions, snap, ruler, eng, etc?
I reckon it's just the name of the samsung packages the port uses to supersede them and have access to the cameras??

Also, can I have a BSG gcam port along my already installed Wychaya's??
If my previous guess is true, I suppose it should be OK as long as they don't use the same samsung package??
Thanks!!

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Hi guys, Just a quick question.

Wich is the difference between the versions, snap, ruler, eng, etc?
I reckon it's just the name of the samsung packages the port uses to supersede them and have access to the cameras??

Also, can I have a BSG gcam port along my already installed Wychaya's??
If my previous guess is true, I suppose it should be OK as long as they don't use the same samsung package??
Thanks!!

Snap, Eng are not Samsung packages. The Samsung packages will have Samsung in the name. But yes, you can install as long as you don't use the same package. For BSG, I choose Ruler and for Wichaya I choose Scan3D. Arnova likes to use Iris.

Reactions: SirArtorias

Json Tech

Sep 10, 2021
I recently downloaded the Gcam on the S21, but I can only use the wide-angle (1x) and ultra-wide-angle (0.5x) lenses. Is the telephoto (3x) lens not supported? Or is there an alternate method to enable it? Thanks ahead!

Rikchell

Dec 19, 2014
Does someone could make a gcam work on exynos with front cam working ? because all i've tried can't take pics. Thanks. My device is S21.

[email protected]

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
does the front facing camera working to take pictures with? installed it on Z Flip 3 (latest BSG) it works and I get the view finder on front camera but it does not take the picture when I press. :)

Aug 10, 2019
OPPO A52
Google Pixel 5
Alright guys, this BSG version with my XML attached should work well for the base S21 and S21 Plus. My cousin upgraded to an S20 which has the same camera setup so I messed around with it a little.

Obviously the processing between the S21 and S20 is probably a little different but here's an example of stock vs BSG setup. Stock is brighter and sharper than my GCam settings but much more artificial looking.

View attachment 5375199
View attachment 5375197

Also telephoto on GCam will provide more details. Stock is down sampling things to 12MP, but GCam will actually use 17MP for it.
View attachment 5375201
View attachment 5375205

I've installed the latest BSG ruler version. I've applied your XML by double tapping beside camera. How can I tell if the telephoto/XML is active? Does it go past 8x zoom in app. I've created a GCam/configs8 folder in internal storage and placed the XML inside configs8.

If it does then it's not working here.
S21 Base Exynos.

Rob1hn

Hi everyone
I tried many files on my s21 EXYNOS but the portrait mode (selfie) doesn't work, the screen stay black. It's the only mode that doesn't work...
I can't find XML for s21 (not + or ultra) with exynos.... The XML for s21 snapdragon doesn't work...
Where Can i find XML for s21 exynos ??
Thanks a lot !

cyburke

Nov 7, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hey and howdy folks - with the One UI 4.0 rolling out now for the S21 series .. Has anyone been able to test / confirm if the GCam ports will still work, or are they borked?

In the past I've seen that the latest update will sometimes break the app from working anymore.

Thanks for any insight! Cheers

GermanWar

Nov 19, 2021
Hey! Does anyone got the telephoto lens working on S21 plus (Exynos) ? I Tried pretty much every version available... i got the front facing working (no portraid) , 0,5x and 1x rear camera working, but not the tele.

Could anybody help me please?
Thanks in advance

MilgeS

May 13, 2013
Smart Watches
Android Wear
Hey! Does anyone got the telephoto lens working on S21 plus (Exynos) ? I Tried pretty much every version available... i got the front facing working (no portraid) , 0,5x and 1x rear camera working, but not the tele.

Could anybody help me please?
Thanks in advance
From my understanding, it's not going to be possible to use the telephoto lens on GCam Exynos, can't recall exactly why though, sorry.

cyburke

Nov 7, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thought I'd check in once more... Anyone has installed Android 12 can confirm/deny that these ports will continue to work or do they break? Thank you!

AlvinUT2001

Mar 2, 2018
Mine (SD 888) updated to Android 12 last week. Surprised to say that my 3x optical zoom appears to be working, which didn't before on 11 (only the wide and ultrawide worked). Selfie still not working (as expected). Not sure if it's actually using the optical 3x or cropping the main lens though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone want to try out the new 8.4 GCam build from the modder Shamin? It's still missing things like lib patcher but does support telephoto once you set the camera arrays. Also remember to set the stream configs to prevent freezing.

GCAM_8.4.300.18_Shamim_V17.apk

My Snapdragon S21U XML for it.

Tried BSG's ruler, tele lens doesn't work for me (exynos), i would very much appreciate it if someone could show me what version to use ? Thanks
    You'll need to be on Android 12, use the Ruler one, and also whitelist I think Camera ID 50 or 52.
    Anyone want to try out the new 8.4 GCam build from the modder Shamin? It's still missing things like lib patcher but does support telephoto once you set the camera arrays. Also remember to set the stream configs to prevent freezing.

GCAM_8.4.300.18_Shamim_V17.apk

My Snapdragon S21U XML for it.

You'll need to be on Android 12, use the Ruler one, and also whitelist I think Camera ID 50 or 52.
    I can confirm Camera ID 52 is the one to use for Exynos telephoto. Thanks for the tip, mate!
    Is there much benefit to GCam here? Samsung's app looks good from what I've seen.

On my Oneplus 6 it was useful, as the Oneplus app lacks panorama and Googles image processing is better.

It depends on whether or not you like Samsung's image processing. I personally still don't though will admit they have improved over time. The biggest issue is still under lower light, where they have aggressive sharpening and noise reduction. Fine details are often a problem indoors, like hair or fur. The main camera's sensor is pretty large so that helps, but the ultra wide and telephoto sensors aren't so it's more noticeable.

For those curious, I used Wichaya's Samsung Gcam here (3rd one): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1501/
    Are these settings valid for my s21 snapdragon? Mine is not ultra...

Tele 2.0 freezes upon selection, other lens just freeze after a few seconds on base S21 Snapdragon.

These are my settings based on berserker15's suggestion for Ruler Gcam 6.210329.0034 build-8.1.101. Though a bit late, hope it is still useful to anyone who needs it.

Alright guys, this BSG version with my XML attached should work well for the base S21 and S21 Plus. My cousin upgraded to an S20 which has the same camera setup so I messed around with it a little.

Obviously the processing between the S21 and S20 is probably a little different but here's an example of stock vs BSG setup. Stock is brighter and sharper than my GCam settings but much more artificial looking.

20210731_143641.jpg
    PXL_20210731_143635531.jpg

Also telephoto on GCam will provide more details. Stock is down sampling things to 12MP, but GCam will actually use 17MP for it.
    20210731_143839.jpg
    PXL_20210731_143854604.jpg

@[email protected] @pilotw @alexands1 @likecookies @LegendaryFire64

New Arnova GCAM 8.1 is out y'all specifically for Snapdragon models*

No guarantees on the S20/S21 base XML since I don't have it, but should work lol.
    Hi,
    Fully working means everything works- Front Camera/Back Camera and any and all settings without crashing or freezing, that's what it means to me anyway. I know it's Samsung's fault, but why bother with Gcam ports if they don't work????
    We've gotten to a point where the builds are stable enough that nothing is crashing unless you enable a feature that isn't supported. I have no issues with going to the stock camera just for the front since I rarely ever use the front camera.

I hope you know that not everything in stock camera "works" either. You can't manually choose the 3x and 10x when there's somewhat low light, or if the camera claims that you are too close to the subject. Oh, and not to mention that the stock camera still looks way worse on the auxiliary lenses.

This picture is impossible to get via stock because stock will always switch away from the 10x and instead use the 3x cropped in because it's "too close".
    PXL_20210709_160555525.jpg

This here is the limit to what the camera will still allow the 10x to be used before switching to the 3x:
    20210707_153235.jpg
    which looks horrible still compared to GCam:
    PXL_20210707_223332516.jpg
    but even worse since that's not the minimum focus distance the 10x can achieve, which is this with GCam:
    PXL_20210707_150019494.jpg

So yeah, in summary just using stock is fine, except I refuse to accept crappier quality and weird software limitations when I know I can get better pictures with something else.
    Is there a way to tweak the Wichiya gcam xml so that portrait mode shows by default instead of camera? Portrait mode autofocus works well, doesn't freeze, and there is far less noise than ZGcam.

I looked into the XML keys but don't have an understanding of what keys to modify or add.
    Curious regarding the same thing, I wish I knew a little more about the inner tuning of the XML. Great job getting it where it already is. Unfortunately, I still get some studdering with my S21 Ultra in mid-light sceneries. I'm keeping a good eye on the GCam Hub for updates, in hopes something will come around!

Don't worry guys, Arnova's latest will be released soon. I can confirm that the 4 rear cameras work great on Snapdragon S21 Ultra and is also the first GCam with video working on the telephoto (albeit at 1080p instead of 4K). However the awesome thing about the video is you can set the zoom to be greater than 20x unlike stock. Here's a couple of samples from the 10x and 3x with that unreleased GCam.