S21 GCam Ports

Search This thread

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Thanks! I have the xml in configs8 folder. Also setting the stream config like shown in your photo manage to resolve the freezing issue.

I find that Gcam struggles to focus the farther object when I put two objects of different distance together.
Search for artemis in settings > developer settings and turn that off to allow touch to focus to work. Focus tracking doesn't work well with Samsung phones and GCam.

Reactions: vincement

vincement

Jan 8, 2015
S21 Snapdragon shooting in slow-motion video mode, the preview somehow becomes noisy low-resolution (under normal light condition). After saving it turns into a green corrupted video file.

Attached is a comparison of cropped night shot by Arnova Gcam & stock camera.

Attachments

• 20210404_Stock_Night.jpg
    20210404_Stock_Night.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 20210404_Gcam_Night_Sight.jpg
    20210404_Gcam_Night_Sight.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
S21 Snapdragon shooting in slow-motion video mode, the preview somehow becomes noisy low-resolution (under normal light condition). After saving it turns into a green corrupted video file.

Attached is a comparison of cropped night shot by Arnova Gcam & stock camera.
Yep, slow motion generally doesn't work well with Samsung phones and GCam. It's best to use stock camera for that.

hi! Who can share working XML by Arnova GCam on S21 Snapdragon? Thanks in advance
Is the one I posted in the previous page not working for you?

jmdomini

Dec 21, 2007
Sycamore
How are those of you on Snapdragon getting Aranova's version to work? I have a S21+, which I believe has the same camera setup as the S21. I can't even get into the GCAM app to apply an XML. It just comes up with a black screen with a tiny camera and stays there. I also can't allow manage storage permissions, it's greyed out and shown as not allowed by policy. No, this isn't a corporate managed device so I don't know where this policy would be coming from either.

Edit-Solved the problem of not being able to select manage all files. Had to temporarily remove my email account. Seems O365 applies some security policies even though it's a personal account.

Still no luck though with getting the app to launch however. Still sits on the black screen with the tiny camera.

Last edited:

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
How are those of you on Snapdragon getting Aranova's version to work? I have a S21+, which I believe has the same camera setup as the S21. I can't even get into the GCAM app to apply an XML. It just comes up with a black screen with a tiny camera and stays there. I also can't allow manage storage permissions, it's greyed out and shown as not allowed by policy. No, this isn't a corporate managed device so I don't know where this policy would be coming from either.

Edit-Solved the problem of not being able to select manage all files. Had to temporarily remove my email account. Seems O365 applies some security policies even though it's a personal account.

Still no luck though with getting the app to launch however. Still sits on the black screen with the tiny camera.
You'll have to wait until the next version unfortunately. Arnova manually whitelist devices based on specific codes that his testers provide him (rather than just making it available to all devices). The S21U and S21 was covered but the S21+ was not. The info for the S21+ was given to Arnova so it should work in the next version.

Reactions: jmdomini

jmdomini

Dec 21, 2007
Sycamore
You'll have to wait until the next version unfortunately. Arnova manually whitelist devices based on specific codes that his testers provide him (rather than just making it available to all devices). The S21U and S21 was covered but the S21+ was not. The info for the S21+ was given to Arnova so it should work in the next version.
Well that would explain it. Thanks for for the response and explaining why it doesn't work!

Reactions: historys

mxl180

Nov 2, 2008
Strange, allowing management of all files should resolve the storage issue. Did you put the xml inside internal storage > GCam > configs8 folder? As for the freezing, make sure the stream config is set to EISV3.

This helped a lot, got the freezing to stop and night mode working on base 21 Snapdragon.

Strange, allowing management of all files should resolve the storage issue. Did you put the xml inside internal storage > GCam > configs8 folder? As for the freezing, make sure the stream config is set to EISV3.
Does it matter if under Advanced->Stream Config->Video I leave it on EISV3?
I noticed you had that one set to "FOCV HW EIS" while mine had all of them set to "EISV3"

ALSO - since I just have a base S21 SnapDragon with only 3 cameras, how can I remove the 4th camera/lens selection button? Under another GCam there was a toggle for showing each aux camera.

cyburke

Nov 7, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I noticed you had that one set to "FOCV HW EIS" while mine had all of them set to "EISV3"

ALSO - since I just have a base S21 SnapDragon with only 3 cameras, how can I remove the 4th camera/lens selection button? Under another GCam there was a toggle for showing each aux camera.

I actually came here to ask the exact same two questions.... I noticed the different option selected on the video setting and was curious if should be left on EISV3 or on the HW EIS option as pictured.

And for the cameras on display... Yeah, how can we remove (or hide) the 3x option which causes the camera to crash on the normal S21?

thank y'all for the work getting this sorted out for everyone! cheers

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009

I actually came here to ask the exact same two questions.... I noticed the different option selected on the video setting and was curious if should be left on EISV3 or on the HW EIS option as pictured.

And for the cameras on display... Yeah, how can we remove (or hide) the 3x option which causes the camera to crash on the normal S21?

thank y'all for the work getting this sorted out for everyone! cheers

The answer for the video stream config, is I'm not sure. For my S21U, I actually have to use FOCV in order to record rather than EISV3. Whichever works for you guys for video, let me know.

As for the rear cameras, yes it is true that the S21 only has 3, but Samsung decided to give it two different IDs with two different characteristics. You can disable the 4th ID by going to Advanced > Auxiliary Config > Set Back Cameras to 3 instead of 4...but wouldn't it be more fun to try to get both IDs working? I just attached another XML with a few modifications to try to get both 1.1x and 2x working. Let me know if it does.

✓BACK ID[50] (Tele)(1.1x)
FocalLength = 5.9
35mm eqv FocalLength = 28.71mm
Aperture = 2.0
SensorSize = 7.3984x5.5488
PixelArray = 4624x3468
PixelSize = 1.60µm
AngleOfView(Diagonal) = 103°
AEModes = [0, 1, 2, 3]
FlashSupported = true
RAW_SENSOR sizes = [4624x3468]
SupportedHardwareLevel = LIMITED

✓BACK ID[52] (Tele)(2.0x)
FocalLength = 5.9
35mm eqv FocalLength = 54.58mm
Aperture = 2.0
SensorSize = 3.8912x2.9184
PixelArray = 4864x3648
PixelSize = 0.80µm
AngleOfView(Diagonal) = 37°
AEModes = [0, 1, 2, 3]
FlashSupported = true
RAW_SENSOR sizes = [4864x3648]

Attachments

• Arnova_s21_test5.xml
    10.8 KB · Views: 169

JoaozaoS

Apr 12, 2021
So I've know that on Arnova8G2's Google Camera Port the front facing camera doesn't work. But I've noticed that it works on video. Maybe we can make some progress on having it take photos.

billgod

Oct 7, 2010
First samsung phone and I HATE it. wish I would have stayed with my pixel. Trying to get this gcam working on my s21 5g. sm-g991u1. I have installed the latest and tried several xml files. I can see the xml and apply them camera restarts then instantly freezes. I have searched this forum and tried every option I have found to stop it. Does this work on the 5g version? what xml file should I use? Thanks for the help.

thacounty

Jun 26, 2008
Bowling Green
First samsung phone and I HATE it. wish I would have stayed with my pixel. Trying to get this gcam working on my s21 5g. sm-g991u1. I have installed the latest and tried several xml files. I can see the xml and apply them camera restarts then instantly freezes. I have searched this forum and tried every option I have found to stop it. Does this work on the 5g version? what xml file should I use? Thanks for the help.
The XML file you use depends on the version of gcam you're using.

You will also need to adjust some advanced settings on some of them. The only setting I needed to adjust on arnova's version was allowing full storage capability.

I also came from a Pixel (the 4XL) and I like everything about the s21u better, except the main camera. The 10x telephoto camera is incredible.

racypdx

Mar 18, 2016
The answer for the video stream config, is I'm not sure. For my S21U, I actually have to use FOCV in order to record rather than EISV3. Whichever works for you guys for video, let me know.

As for the rear cameras, yes it is true that the S21 only has 3, but Samsung decided to give it two different IDs with two different characteristics. You can disable the 4th ID by going to Advanced > Auxiliary Config > Set Back Cameras to 3 instead of 4...but wouldn't it be more fun to try to get both IDs working? I just attached another XML with a few modifications to try to get both 1.1x and 2x working. Let me know if it does.

✓BACK ID[50] (Tele)(1.1x)
FocalLength = 5.9
35mm eqv FocalLength = 28.71mm
Aperture = 2.0
SensorSize = 7.3984x5.5488
PixelArray = 4624x3468
PixelSize = 1.60µm
AngleOfView(Diagonal) = 103°
AEModes = [0, 1, 2, 3]
FlashSupported = true
RAW_SENSOR sizes = [4624x3468]

✓BACK ID[52] (Tele)(2.0x)
FocalLength = 5.9
35mm eqv FocalLength = 54.58mm
Aperture = 2.0
SensorSize = 3.8912x2.9184
PixelArray = 4864x3648
PixelSize = 0.80µm
AngleOfView(Diagonal) = 37°
AEModes = [0, 1, 2, 3]
FlashSupported = true
RAW_SENSOR sizes = [4864x3648]
S21U SD, Arnova GCAM v.8.1.101

I have 3 questions...

i'm using the arnova xml file provided earlier in this thread(by yourself, I believe, and THX btw!)

1. my set back cameras only has 2 choices: 1 and 2 is there something else I need to do to get all camera options available?

2. do i need to dl and install the libraries ?

3. is the 108mp available?

thanks in advance, and for all of your feedback in this thread.

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
S21U SD, Arnova GCAM v.8.1.101

I have 3 questions...

i'm using the arnova xml file provided earlier in this thread(by yourself, I believe, and THX btw!)

1. my set back cameras only has 2 choices: 1 and 2 is there something else I need to do to get all camera options available?

2. do i need to dl and install the libraries ?

3. is the 108mp available?

thanks in advance, and for all of your feedback in this thread.

Two cameras imply you have downloaded the wrong version or the wrong XML. On the Arnova page, make sure you get the Samsung version (starts with Ruler). Also follow the steps and make sure you give the app full storage permission. Then apply the Arnova_S21U.xml file.

Libraries are for additional modifications. Some are better at low light, some better at moving things (higher shutter), etc. Kinda have to just experiment to get the picture you like most.

No 1080mp sadly, doubtful Samsung will ever make that available to third party apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a tip. Since there is no access to the front cam for photos it leaves you having to switch to the samsung app for selfies. Alternatively, front facing video works so you can start a video recording and take a photo whilst the video is recording for selfies. Not the best quality but at least you can take them and it is decent enough. You can then delete the video or keep it as a motion video clip of sorts.
    For the front camera to work you need to change the viewfinder format to YUV

On my s21 Exynos the front camera is working.
    Is there much benefit to GCam here? Samsung's app looks good from what I've seen.

On my Oneplus 6 it was useful, as the Oneplus app lacks panorama and Googles image processing is better.

It depends on whether or not you like Samsung's image processing. I personally still don't though will admit they have improved over time. The biggest issue is still under lower light, where they have aggressive sharpening and noise reduction. Fine details are often a problem indoors, like hair or fur. The main camera's sensor is pretty large so that helps, but the ultra wide and telephoto sensors aren't so it's more noticeable.

For those curious, I used Wichaya's Samsung Gcam here (3rd one): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1501/
    @[email protected]om @pilotw @alexands1 @likecookies @LegendaryFire64

New Arnova GCAM 8.1 is out y'all specifically for Snapdragon models*

No guarantees on the S20/S21 base XML since I don't have it, but should work lol.
    ZGCAM 7.4 https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1340a/

Alright guys, just an update on my findings. It would appear that ZGcam is actually the best Gcam build for the S21 series right now on both Exynos and Snapdragon models. For some reason I can't seem to fully disable focus tracking so autofocus in lower light can be a hit or miss. There are also differences between the models though based on what Samsung has chosen to support and what they disable.

Snapdragon S21 series: Supports all rear cameras (for the S21 Ultra, that includes both the 3x and 10x telephoto). No gcam support video on the telephotos at the moment. Front facing cameras also do not work because Samsung disabled front camera RAW for S10/S20/S21 snap series with the exception for the S10 Lite and S20 FE.

Exynos S21 series: I don't own this but based on reports, the front camera will work! However, the telephoto cameras won't, so Exynos S21 series only support the main and ultra wide cameras. Since I don't have the Exynos model, try the XML for the Exynos S20 here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/working-gcam-and-config-for-s20-exynos.4203625/
    Thanks a lot! Your config works fine on my s21 (not +/u) with snapdragon. Just turned off 4th cam. It looks like now there are no freezes at all.
    Workfull xml for ZGCam S21 snap attached, if anyone here looking for it (just tuned one of beserker15 version for 21u - 4th cam is off, focus tracking is on)
    Is there a way to tweak the Wichiya gcam xml so that portrait mode shows by default instead of camera? Portrait mode autofocus works well, doesn't freeze, and there is far less noise than ZGcam.

I looked into the XML keys but don't have an understanding of what keys to modify or add.
    Curious regarding the same thing, I wish I knew a little more about the inner tuning of the XML. Great job getting it where it already is. Unfortunately, I still get some studdering with my S21 Ultra in mid-light sceneries. I'm keeping a good eye on the GCam Hub for updates, in hopes something will come around!

Don't worry guys, Arnova's latest will be released soon. I can confirm that the 4 rear cameras work great on Snapdragon S21 Ultra and is also the first GCam with video working on the telephoto (albeit at 1080p instead of 4K). However the awesome thing about the video is you can set the zoom to be greater than 20x unlike stock. Here's a couple of samples from the 10x and 3x with that unreleased GCam.
    Are you guys using the Snapdragon version ? The gcam I loaded can't take any photos at all.... Only black screen lol on exynos 2100

ZGCAM 7.4 https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1340a/

Alright guys, just an update on my findings. It would appear that ZGcam is actually the best Gcam build for the S21 series right now on both Exynos and Snapdragon models. For some reason I can't seem to fully disable focus tracking so autofocus in lower light can be a hit or miss. There are also differences between the models though based on what Samsung has chosen to support and what they disable.

Snapdragon S21 series: Supports all rear cameras (for the S21 Ultra, that includes both the 3x and 10x telephoto). No gcam support video on the telephotos at the moment. Front facing cameras also do not work because Samsung disabled front camera RAW for S10/S20/S21 snap series with the exception for the S10 Lite and S20 FE.

Exynos S21 series: I don't own this but based on reports, the front camera will work! However, the telephoto cameras won't, so Exynos S21 series only support the main and ultra wide cameras. Since I don't have the Exynos model, try the XML for the Exynos S20 here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/working-gcam-and-config-for-s20-exynos.4203625/
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone