• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

S21 HK eSim possibility

Search This thread

VladTepes77

Nov 10, 2009
Hi there,

I've recently got the SM-G9910 HK version (TGY) and was wondering if there's any way to get eSim support? I'll be using this phone mainly in AT, however eSIM would be really nice.
Reading through various threads here I've learned that it might not be likely, unless changing the CSC which might imply certain "challenges" after it.
Any feedback / direction would be highly appreciated.

Anyway if this is the only "drawback" I might live with as the 888 SoC is more important to me than the current eSim support.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VladTepes77

Nov 10, 2009
Just read a article on this, these phone already have it but not supported buy carriers yet. T-mobile might be the first to implement it though
Hi,
Yes, I've read the same, so far the Note 20 has been getting now the esim support with the latest update on t-mobile US => so there might be hope (definitely not a hardware issue).
However, according to Samsung HK live chat it's a hardware issue and thus not supported.
Let's see what future will bring this year.
It's somehow a disappointment to have this better SOC and no esim still 🤷‍♂️

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2021
my s21 ultra is thru verizon. although we cant see the second imei number. they can see it. just call them ask for the second imei number registered with your phone. and then you can setup esim with another carrier. thats what i did. i have verizon as my main carrier and tmobile as the second on the esim.

• Wow
Reactions: VladTepes77

VladTepes77

Nov 10, 2009
@[email protected]: sounds like a great hack - would be interesting to see if others can confirm this outside of US?
I have Dual SIM on the 9910 - can imagine the second IMEI (which I can see) is just physical ? for an eSIM it would mean that either the device can bridge the IMEI for eSim or a 3rd IMEI would be required (which i doubt).

VladTepes77

Nov 10, 2009
actually, as I do have a HK version, with dual-SIM already enabled I would be rather interested in eSIM if there would be any way.
does your approach require root access?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want I can Show you how to create a shortcut to enable mutilply sim. Sim1 and sim2. On the us s21 ultra version