• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question S21+ Locked in Airplane mode

Search This thread

fasteddie07

Jun 14, 2021
While traveling my phone rebooted itself on the plane and has locked me out. When I swipe to enter my lock screen code it accepts it but goes back to the lock screen. Is there a way to break the lock screen without wiping the phone data?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
First mistake, putting a lock on it.

I've gotten locked out of PC bios when they got corrupted.
Lesson learned: as soon as you set a device password you set yourself up for a lockout. It may be no fault of your own except that you enabled it!
Hardware and software failures are easier to resolve if no passwords are set.
That goes double for data encryption.
The KISS principal ruthlessly applies here.

Reactions: fasteddie07

fasteddie07

Jun 14, 2021
Try clearing the system cache
At least you can do a factory reset if you must.
Guess you could try Safe Mode too... never know.
More options maybe available but that's above the level of my knowledge, sorry.
Thanks. I've tried clearing the cache and going to safe mode. I am hoping I don't have to wipe it hasn't backed up my photos of contacts since March. I'm trying to save them.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks. I've tried clearing the cache and going to safe mode. I am hoping I don't have to wipe it hasn't backed up my photos of contacts since March. I'm trying to save them.
Maybe try logging in with your Samsung or Google account?
Try a hard reboot.
Keep playing with it.
They seem to like attention🤣

This is case where a SD card would have been nice to preserve the critical data. Moving forward get a .5 tb flash stick to do weekly backups.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First mistake, putting a lock on it.

I've gotten locked out of PC bios when they got corrupted.
    Lesson learned: as soon as you set a device password you set yourself up for a lockout. It may be no fault of your own except that you enabled it!
    Hardware and software failures are easier to resolve if no passwords are set.
    That goes double for data encryption.
    The KISS principal ruthlessly applies here.
    Try clearing the system cache
    At least you can do a factory reset if you must.
    Guess you could try Safe Mode too... never know.
    More options maybe available but that's above the level of my knowledge, sorry.