S21 Plus vs S21 Ultra - Is screen resolution difference obvious?

Search This thread

GoldPunch

May 21, 2014
Turkey
I want to buy S21 Plus but I know that Ultra has a higher screen resolution. Has anyone been able to put the two side by side and examine them? Is the difference in resolution visible to the naked eye?

I am currently using S8 Plus in FHD mode. In theory ,S21 Plus has lower PPI than S8 Plus when use it FHD mode bcz of bigger screen.

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
It depends on your visual acuity and what you're viewing. You can try for yourself by comparing an image at two different resolutions (of the correct ratio) side-by-side on your monitor, viewed from a distance that creates the same pixel density in your visual field as your phone has.

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I've got 20/15 vision, I can't tell any difference. Even holding the s21 ultra an inch from your face and changing resolution, you can't tell a difference. The benefit of the ultra is better zoom camera and battery life (mostly from the lower power display).

kenfb1

Oct 25, 2012
Scranton
I've got 20/15 vision, I can't tell any difference. Even holding the s21 ultra an inch from your face and changing resolution, you can't tell a difference. The benefit of the ultra is better zoom camera and battery life (mostly from the lower power display).

I agree,
Tried both and can't see any difference to me either.

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
Even holding the s21 ultra an inch from your face and changing resolution, you can't tell a difference.
Some can't, some can. It depends in part at what you're looking at. If there's text or other visual detail that's just at the border of what can be resolved at the higher resolution, then it's illegible at the lower resolution.

mathieulh

Jan 9, 2008
Paris
I can tweak the resolution back and forth on my Ultra and there is a difference, it's very subtle but it's there, to be fair FHD+ is more than good enough for everything though.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone