• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question S21+ shows no signs of life

Search This thread

Luy000

Jul 24, 2021
Hello everybody.
I have an S21 + 5G with which I was comfortable until yesterday. After sending a message with Whatsapp, the screen went black.
I tried soft reset and hard reset but nothing has changed. The smartphone is under warranty but they informed me that the repair times could be long (repair centers are closed).
I am also willing to invalidate the warranty if necessary, in order to be able to use the phone again (I have not activated the download mode).
Do you think it is possible to restore the firmware in any way?
Thanks in advance to everyone.

martindy

Nov 6, 2012
Makati City
also having this problem with my wife's s21+, she was using it fine this morning but the screen went black and wont turn on. any fix for this?

Post Nine

Sep 1, 2020
Hello everybody.
I have an S21 + 5G with which I was comfortable until yesterday. After sending a message with Whatsapp, the screen went black.
I tried soft reset and hard reset but nothing has changed. The smartphone is under warranty but they informed me that the repair times could be long (repair centers are closed).
I am also willing to invalidate the warranty if necessary, in order to be able to use the phone again (I have not activated the download mode).
Do you think it is possible to restore the firmware in any way?
Thanks in advance to everyone.
is it still out of power? i'd take it to the nearest service center; either ubreakifix or samsung care store

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
DO NOT INVALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY... you will need it!

The black screen of death is getting to be common with this model.
Samsung hasn't been transparent at all about the cause. Firmware and/or display seem to be to possible causes... another Sammy blunder.
Sammy wasting too many resources on the Fold line and not putting them where they are needed... on their bread winners.
Just another day in the box of rabid gerbils known as Samsung🤣