Question [S21+ SM-G996U/U1/W_Snapdragon]-[Upgrade Easily Firmware Using Odin]-[Automatically Root Remove Forceencrypt Patch Bluetooth And Fix Safetynet]

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Must Have An Unlocked Bootloader To Do This!

This An odin tar file I have created to flash along with stock odin firmware to automatically install TWRP recovery along with Disable VBMETA image. The tar file will also automatically install magislk root along with remove force encryption and patch bluetooth library file. It will also patch safetynet. No flashing of zips is required

Info For Bootloader Unlocks Can Be Found In Post 2

I Do Not Recommend Mixing Bit 1 With Higher Firmware!!!!
Unless Using Bit Safe Firmware That Is Patched

Downloads
SM-G996U/U1/W- Model

USERDATA_AIO_G996_FORCE_WIPE_NO_BL_10_10_21.tar.md5
This will force a wipe of data no mater what.

Full Odin 3.1.1 Bit1 Safe Firmware
G996USQU4AUGQ_BIT1_SAFE.7z
This are odin files and will safely update all image files too bit 4 and keep bit 1 bootloaders. Unfortunately this will wipe data this is beyond my control as it seems to be a side affect of mixing firmware it causes data not to mount and therefore my AIO will format it. This is full firmware with USERDATA_AIO. This will put you on U firmware. Before flashing I recommend removing your google account and make sure in download mode you are not frp locked
If above USERDATA_AIO_G996_FORCE_WIPE_NO_BL is newer than the one in this zip use the newer one from above

Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip

S21 SM-G991U/U1
S21 Ultra SM-G998U/U1

TWRP Recovery Provide by @Mentalmuso

Be prepared to have your data wiped. The process tries to determine if you do or do not need to have data wipe but as a precaution just assume your data will be wiped. Especially if using U1 or W firmware

Install Instructions For Newly Unlocked Devices

You must be OEM Unlocked Bootloader
1. On Initial unlock of phone you must through setup and be signed into your google account.

2. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING (see pic) and not PRENORMAL. If PRENORMAL then do step 1 again
View attachment 5217631

3. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_SLOT_G99*U_**.tar.md5 you must choose one of the FORCE_WIPE files and load in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file

4. Phone will reboot to TWRP and remove encryption which will wipe phone. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup

Install Instructions For Updating Firmware On Phone Already Unlocked

1. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load stock firmware in appropriate slots use regular CSC file in the CSC slot and load file one of the USERDATA_SLOT_G99*U_**.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash firmware. Do not use the User Data file that comes with firmware.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not

Install Instructions If Updating Images With TWRP

1. When done flashing images in TWRP Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above.

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_AIO_G99*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not.

4. Alternatively to using USERDATA_AIO_G99*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in odin you can use AIO_Magisk_22_S20_Series.zip found in post 2

Features
No patches or mod zips are needed phone will already be rooted

Bugs
Samsung Pay, Secure Folder and Samsung Pass do not work as on most Samsung Rooted Roms

Thanks To People That Make My Life Easier
elliwigy
klabit87
Krog18
me2151
stang5litre
Raymonf for modified odin
rayan-refoua for boot animation
TheMadScientist
afaneh92
kdrag0n for safetynet fix
3arthur6 for bluetooth patch zip
JDBarlow for test S20 stuff
Xylvion for testing s21
dark11b for testing s21

Last edited:
Reactions: biikman

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Info For U Model Bootloader Unlocking Can Be Found

Below US snapdragon devices can be bootloader unlocked with above service as long as bootloader version meets below criteria. Bootloader version can be determined from the 5th character from the right on the baseband version or build number, in some cases from kernel version

Z Fold2 5G BL V1
Fold 5G BL V1-4
Fold BL V1-4
Z Flip 5G BL V1
Z Flip BL V1-3
Note series 20 BL V1
S20 series BL V1
S20 FE 5G BL V1-2
Note 10 series BL V1-5
S10 Lite BL V1-3
Note 10+ 5G N976U BL V1-4
Note 10+ 5G N976V BL V1-5
S10 5G BL V1-5
S10 series BL V1-4
Note 9 BL V1-7
S9 series BL V1-9
Tab S6 BL V1-3
Tab S7 BL V1
Tab S7+ BL V1
A71 5G BL V1-2
A51 BL V1-5
A51 5G BL V1-4
A50 A505W BL V1-A
A50 A505U BL V1-B
S21 BL V1
A32 5G BL V1-3
Tab Active Pro 10.1 BL V1-4
XCover Pro BL V1-7

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Must Have An Unlocked Bootloader To Do This!

This An odin tar file I have created to flash along with stock odin firmware to automatically install TWRP recovery along with Disable VBMETA image. The tar file will also automatically install magislk root along with remove force encryption and patch bluetooth library file. It will also patch safetynet. No flashing of zips is required

Info For Bootloader Unlocks Can Be Found In Post 2

I Do Not Recommend Mixing Bit 1 With Higher Firmware!!!!
    Unless Using Bit Safe Firmware That Is Patched

Downloads
    SM-G996U/U1/W- Model

USERDATA_AIO_G996_FORCE_WIPE_NO_BL_10_10_21.tar.md5
    This will force a wipe of data no mater what.

Full Odin 3.1.1 Bit1 Safe Firmware
    G996USQU4AUGQ_BIT1_SAFE.7z
    This are odin files and will safely update all image files too bit 4 and keep bit 1 bootloaders. Unfortunately this will wipe data this is beyond my control as it seems to be a side affect of mixing firmware it causes data not to mount and therefore my AIO will format it. This is full firmware with USERDATA_AIO. This will put you on U firmware. Before flashing I recommend removing your google account and make sure in download mode you are not frp locked
    If above USERDATA_AIO_G996_FORCE_WIPE_NO_BL is newer than the one in this zip use the newer one from above

Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip

S21 SM-G991U/U1
    S21 Ultra SM-G998U/U1

TWRP Recovery Provide by @Mentalmuso

Be prepared to have your data wiped. The process tries to determine if you do or do not need to have data wipe but as a precaution just assume your data will be wiped. Especially if using U1 or W firmware

Install Instructions For Newly Unlocked Devices

You must be OEM Unlocked Bootloader
    1. On Initial unlock of phone you must through setup and be signed into your google account.

2. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING (see pic) and not PRENORMAL. If PRENORMAL then do step 1 again
    View attachment 5217631

3. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_SLOT_G99*U_**.tar.md5 you must choose one of the FORCE_WIPE files and load in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file

4. Phone will reboot to TWRP and remove encryption which will wipe phone. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup

Install Instructions For Updating Firmware On Phone Already Unlocked

1. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load stock firmware in appropriate slots use regular CSC file in the CSC slot and load file one of the USERDATA_SLOT_G99*U_**.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash firmware. Do not use the User Data file that comes with firmware.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not

Install Instructions If Updating Images With TWRP

1. When done flashing images in TWRP Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above.

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_AIO_G99*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not.

4. Alternatively to using USERDATA_AIO_G99*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in odin you can use AIO_Magisk_22_S20_Series.zip found in post 2

Features
    No patches or mod zips are needed phone will already be rooted

Bugs
    Samsung Pay, Secure Folder and Samsung Pass do not work as on most Samsung Rooted Roms

Thanks To People That Make My Life Easier
    elliwigy
    klabit87
    Krog18
    me2151
    stang5litre
    Raymonf for modified odin
    rayan-refoua for boot animation
    TheMadScientist
    afaneh92
    kdrag0n for safetynet fix
    3arthur6 for bluetooth patch zip
    JDBarlow for test S20 stuff
    Xylvion for testing s21
    dark11b for testing s21
    Updated files in OP fixed sum bugs. Added new safetynet patch and I think wearable fix now works