• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question S21 Ultra 512GB US has pinkish hue off axis when displaying white

Search This thread

78apb

Sep 23, 2010
Saint Petersburg
S21U 512 black, Exynos. No any tint on white. Used *#0*# for test.

I have compared my N20U with s21u 512. At high brightness slide setting both screens looks true identical; at low brightness the s21u white looks more neutral while the n20u white screen is a tiny bit greenish compared to s21u side by side on the table.

Tried to take a photo with the colleague's iphone , but the photo fails with full of unrealistic light pink spots on both white screens (on the table, towards the ceiling LED lamps).

upd1. Both phones have a stock screen protector (film).

vandal4e

Feb 28, 2008
it's the same at anything off-angle with Samsung's OLED on Iphone X/XS/12 pro etc. so it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
First thing I noticed just now when setting up my USA device. Just like that guys on the video.
UK exynos. I usually use dark mode so not something I've tested but here's mine on white background... No pink tint. Sorry for the garbage photos. Taken on my iPad.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.PNG
    IMG_0494.PNG
    6.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0495.PNG
    IMG_0495.PNG
    5.8 MB · Views: 53

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
UK exynos. I usually use dark mode so not something I've tested but here's mine on white background... No pink tint. Sorry for the garbage photos. Taken on my iPad.
Mine looks normal also in pics. It’s just the way they are this time around.
However it’s exactly like that video OP posted of that American guy YouTube review.

Attachments

• 5B29A4E0-122D-4C93-80F6-F9AF1B131BCE.jpeg
    5B29A4E0-122D-4C93-80F6-F9AF1B131BCE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 6DFCCB98-F91A-4D38-BD0B-8A378B2415FB.jpeg
    6DFCCB98-F91A-4D38-BD0B-8A378B2415FB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
So let me get this straight if I look at the phone from a corner angle in a way that distorts what I see on the phone making it hard to use I get a slight colour hue? Have you tried using the phone normally and looking at it straight on so everything is proportional correct on screen and the colour looks fine? I have been trying this solution for a while now and not had any problems.

Is this really a problem, do you need to look at your phone in a way you cannot see the screen properly?

• Haha
Reactions: enigmaamit

griderphone

Apr 23, 2021
in the visibility enhancements settings under color adjustment select "personalized color" and go through the routine with the dots on the wheel per instructions. Made a significant improvement on my Note 20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried the colour filter trick didn't work for me. The pink tint still exists. I reckon its the hardware rather than the software. I remember this being an issue when the iphone x launched too. Apple was replacing handsets for those affected. Will ask Samsung for a replacement tomorrow and report back if the new unit has it too.
    I replaced mine. No more tint. Must have been some bad early units.
    So let me get this straight if I look at the phone from a corner angle in a way that distorts what I see on the phone making it hard to use I get a slight colour hue? Have you tried using the phone normally and looking at it straight on so everything is proportional correct on screen and the colour looks fine? I have been trying this solution for a while now and not had any problems.

Is this really a problem, do you need to look at your phone in a way you cannot see the screen properly?