General S21 Ultra 5G - Night Mode Sample

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
As many of you requested, here you go.

Attachments

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
Thanks alot! can you post night mode (not auto but longer exposure ones) of dark environment not just low light?

Also can you take a medium light shots with and without scene optimizer turned on?

Did you used touch to focus - then shot? and is it exynos or snapdragon?

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
On DSLR, I must shoot with shutter speed no less than 1/100. Some photos were 5s explosure on telephoto lens, so expect some bluriness.
I'm sorry dude, i hope you don't get this wrong, i just want to make sure its the camera and not your hands, i just checked most of this photos, and most of them are blurry, so either this environment is much darker then it looks or maybe you didn't get the camera update that some units just now are receiving?

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
I'm sorry dude, i hope you don't get this wrong, i just want to make sure its the camera and not your hands, i just checked most of this photos, and most of them are blurry, so either this environment is much darker then it looks or maybe you didn't get the camera update that some units just now are receiving?
The environment is super dark, I would say photo look like 3-4 stop brighter than the actual place. Here is the setting I must use on DSLR to get the shot if you care about it. SS 1/100 f/1.8 ISO 6400. I already download and update 1 patch upon receiving the unit which has 1.0GB in size.

Reactions: dazed1

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
So if it so dark, how would you compare the photos with other phones? are they decent, good, great? next time just a suggestion, take few non night mode/regular shots if prompted for auto night mode turn it off if possible, that shot should be great for reference. Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
So if it so dark, how would you compare the photos with other phones? are they decent, good, great? next time just a suggestion, take few non night mode/regular shots if prompted for auto night mode turn it off if possible, that shot should be great for reference. Thanks for taking the time to answer :)
Here is night shot vs pro mode pair.
Compared to S7, I would say it is much better, but S7 is 2017 era phone, so I don't think it's a good competitor.
Even pro mode looks 1 stop brighter than actual place.

Attachments