• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question S21 Ultra 5G - SM-G998B - Exynos - Problems with mobile data and signal.

Search This thread

AdrianKiwiRO

May 21, 2021
Hi, I have an S21 Ultra 5G, (SM-G998B), the software update is up to date, and for a few days, I started to encounter various problems, sometimes I lose the signal altogether, I can't call, and I can't be called, I receive a message after 10 minutes that I have some missed calls, other times my mobile data does not work, it is set to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G, I switch to 4G / 3G / 2G and it recovers for a while, then again to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G when it has problems, to recover.
I thought it was because of the card, but it's not because of it, I changed it, and it still does.
I don't know what else to do, has anyone encountered this problem?
Thank you!

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I assume that you compared with another phone at the same location, etc.
Also, get Network Signal to check what levels is the phone reporting.

If you see very low signal levels ONLY on this phone, a trip to the Samsung rep is probably needed as the modem might be fubar.

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I have an open case with EE over the fact my Samsung gets 0-1 bar in what they claim is Excellent coverage indoor and outside. My son (PIxel) and daughter (iPhone) have a good signal so I'm wondering if the S21 Ultra has a signal issue.

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi, I have an S21 Ultra 5G, (SM-G998B), the software update is up to date, and for a few days, I started to encounter various problems, sometimes I lose the signal altogether, I can't call, and I can't be called, I receive a message after 10 minutes that I have some missed calls, other times my mobile data does not work, it is set to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G, I switch to 4G / 3G / 2G and it recovers for a while, then again to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G when it has problems, to recover.
I thought it was because of the card, but it's not because of it, I changed it, and it still does.
Thank you!
Make sure you have updated the carrier settings app in the play store.

From when is it happeneing ?

Did you try with a different sim card ?

noone606

Dec 7, 2010
I have an open case with EE over the fact my Samsung gets 0-1 bar in what they claim is Excellent coverage indoor and outside. My son (PIxel) and daughter (iPhone) have a good signal so I'm wondering if the S21 Ultra has a signal issue.
Have terrible signal strength everywhere with my s21 ultra

I often find if I cycle airplane mode on and the off again it reconnects to 4g and is less terrible but still find my older mate 20 pro Huawei got much better signal strength everywhere than my brand new Samsung

Thank you!
Do you have better 5G reception? I had similar problem with 5G reception as my provider still working on expanding it. I am running on 4G for now.

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I'm avoiding 5G for now as battery drain is worse having to keep two networks connected. 5G is data only so the phone has to keep a 4G connection for calls/texts and 5G for data.

I have followed EE's instructions: Reset network settings, remove clean SIM, airplane mode on/off, connect to the wrong network and connect back to EE. None of helped

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I have since spoken to an EE network engineer about my problem with the signal strength on my phone. So I opened a case due to being in an excellent coverage area but always having a 0-1 bar signal. They did various checks and reported back that everything was fine. I still had a low signal outside with a mast just up the road so they raised it up to an engineer to talk to me. He gave a better answer to my problem, I was near a mast and should have excellent cover. But years after the mast was installed Aldi opened a massive distribution centre right next to the mast and he said the number of phones connecting to the mast was very high thus reducing the signal quality. They are upgrading the mast to 5G so that should improve the situation for me. My original thought was the phone aerial was not up to much but after checking with others in the street they had the same signal problem. So it was Aldi's fault :)

mhammedali21

Jun 20, 2021
I anticipate that you in comparison with some other smartphone at the equal place, and so forth.
Also, get network sign to check what degrees is the smartphone reporting.
Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
If you see very low sign tiers best on this smartphone, a ride to the Samsung rep is probably needed because the modem might be fubar.

Last edited:

basicblue2k

Dec 2, 2012
I have signal issues with EE too with s21U. Never had problems in VODAFONE UK. Glad that it is not just me on this boat.

Do let me know if any of you guys sort out this. I know it is not to do with our devices, it might be to do with a config issue either at our or their end.

noone606

Dec 7, 2010
Has anyone ever found a solution to the abysmal signal strength on this lemon

Haven't faced any signal issues so far. I get fantastic LTE signal on my S21U, same as my wife's OnePlus 6. No issues with call quality or network speed either.

Reactions: ione2380

noone606

Dec 7, 2010
Congrats
I'm guessing your not in an area with iffy coverage then or your just lucky
Most are not
Which is quite evident if you bothered to read any of the thread I posted as an example

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Congrats
your just lucky
Most are not
I'm sorry that you have problems with your device, but do you know most people? The vast majority of people who bought this phone, doesn't face any issues with the signal, so they don't go to post on forums about it. There is always that loud minority who think that everyone has this problem, just because they have it.

And it's "you're", not "your".

maledu16v

May 22, 2009
Very poor signal here too with ee, my rog phone 2 was always full strength with 4g yet me s21 ultra is only 1 bar with no data... and yes I have triad everything, everyone in my house is on the network yet they all have 4g and good signal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congrats
    your just lucky
    Most are not
    I'm sorry that you have problems with your device, but do you know most people? The vast majority of people who bought this phone, doesn't face any issues with the signal, so they don't go to post on forums about it. There is always that loud minority who think that everyone has this problem, just because they have it.

And it's "you're", not "your".

Haven't faced any signal issues so far. I get fantastic LTE signal on my S21U, same as my wife's OnePlus 6. No issues with call quality or network speed either.