Question S21 Ultra 5G - SM-G998B - Exynos - Problems with mobile data and signal.

Search This thread

noone606

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Careful mate the fanboys an all ......
Yeah can swap Sims with the phones in the same location and it's obvious the Huawei is better
I also find the Samsung will struggle but if I toggle airplane mode sometimes it'll come back on lousy, but usable, 4g instead of H+
Huawei even pixel xl will not have issues in the same location's

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I have 1 bar on 4G and two speed-test apps get 27Mbps and 30Mbps so although I look to have a bad signal its got a decent data connection for the connection for 4G. After a chat with one of the network engineers, he confirmed the 1-4 bars on phone are not the true reflection of the speed, if you have 1 bar connection you have a good connection. If the speed is slow it is usually the mast and area. One cell tower near my home is right next to a massive Aldi distribution centre and since it opened a few years ago the cell tower is struggling under the excessive amount of phone connections and that is why even stood right next to it the speed is slower than a connection elsewhere with less bars. You cannot assume speed vs low bars is the problem, call your mobile service and raise an issue as I did.

noone606

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
if you go to settting-about phone-simcard status-you can actually get signal strength in dBm
this is far more relevant than bars
the problem i see over and over again is the dB gets to -120 or so (which is pretty lousy )
so the Samsung drops back to h+ or even no signal but seems very slow to go back to 4g even if the signal improves
if i toggle airplane mode on and off suddenly i will have 4g 1 bar or whatever and usable data
in an area previously the phone showed h+ or even no signal at all
been modding APN's and getting slightly better reliability
had hoped the community had a real fix

smoovie2003

Dec 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I don't know it this will work for you, but for me it did the trick:

In the APN settings, enter the "Bearer" option and uncheck everything but "LTE".

Save, reboot and check.

It upped my bars from 1 to 3 on 4G Orange România.

Let me know if it did any change with your reception.

Regards.

Hello everyone,

I don't know it this will work for you, but for me it did the trick:

In the APN settings, enter the "Bearer" option and uncheck everything but "LTE".

Save, reboot and check.

It upped my bars from 1 to 3 on 4G Orange România.

Let me know if it did any change with your reception.

Regards.
Man this worked for me!! I will update after a day to see it was ok!

Has_anDroid

Jul 1, 2016
Smryne Izmir TURKEY
Oh my god thanks apn lte full signal Android 12 s21 ultra

Screenshot_20211001-025322_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20211001-025327_One UI Home.jpg

Hi, I have an S21 Ultra 5G, (SM-G998B), the software update is up to date, and for a few days, I started to encounter various problems, sometimes I lose the signal altogether, I can't call, and I can't be called, I receive a message after 10 minutes that I have some missed calls, other times my mobile data does not work, it is set to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G, I switch to 4G / 3G / 2G and it recovers for a while, then again to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G when it has problems, to recover.
I thought it was because of the card, but it's not because of it, I changed it, and it still does.
I don't know what else to do, has anyone encountered this problem?
Thank you!
HAHA, i literally just posted this in another thread...

Ive definetly had mobile data issues, slowness, switching between 5G, H+ etc since the last update..

Looks like it may be a bug...

Reactions: mau0086
doesn't face any issues with the signal,
If you're going to correct someone's grammar, make sure yours is spot on, otherwise you just look like an idiot.

'doesnt' = DOES NOT face issues with the signal... This isnt proper English!

How about, do not face any issues with signal, or better yet, do not HAVE any issues with signal.

Back in your box champ.

megh1982

Jul 30, 2011
Pune
My S21Ultra dropping signal frequently and data speed is very less...
I am from India, Maharashtra, Pune...
Anybody found any solution on this?

kocka._

Feb 5, 2022
I have kind of a similar problem, my S21 Ultra Exinos loses, drops signal completly only when I try to load data out of mobile data. While calling, being called, using my phone with data turned off it's not losing signal but when refresing instagram for reference I lose signal for a couple of seconds. My phone is a used one, I didn't buy it new and I think it is a physical problem but I don't want to open it before I try and find a solution. Any help welcomed.

RSGI

Nov 18, 2013
State what you want. No one cares after 10 months...
Clearly you're salty because OmnoJ owned you big time...
Sure...
I already apologized, is there something else you want to say?
No one owns me little kid... and I´m starting to get annoyed....

Maybe you would like to see me really salty...

YuriMurray

Oct 23, 2023
To check if your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini's bootloader is unlocked, you can enter download mode. If it says "Official," it's locked. Unlocking requires specific steps and may void warranty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congrats
    your just lucky
    Most are not
    I'm sorry that you have problems with your device, but do you know most people? The vast majority of people who bought this phone, doesn't face any issues with the signal, so they don't go to post on forums about it. There is always that loud minority who think that everyone has this problem, just because they have it.

And it's "you're", not "your".
    Has anyone ever found a solution to the abysmal signal strength on this lemon

Haven't faced any signal issues so far. I get fantastic LTE signal on my S21U, same as my wife's OnePlus 6. No issues with call quality or network speed either.
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted. Oswald Boelcke}
    Welcome to 10 months ago, everyone's moved on, maybe you should too...
    I have an open case with EE over the fact my Samsung gets 0-1 bar in what they claim is Excellent coverage indoor and outside. My son (PIxel) and daughter (iPhone) have a good signal so I'm wondering if the S21 Ultra has a signal issue.
    Hi, I have an S21 Ultra 5G, (SM-G998B), the software update is up to date, and for a few days, I started to encounter various problems, sometimes I lose the signal altogether, I can't call, and I can't be called, I receive a message after 10 minutes that I have some missed calls, other times my mobile data does not work, it is set to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G, I switch to 4G / 3G / 2G and it recovers for a while, then again to 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G when it has problems, to recover.
    I thought it was because of the card, but it's not because of it, I changed it, and it still does.
    I don't know what else to do, has anyone encountered this problem?
    Thank you!
    Make sure you have updated the carrier settings app in the play store.

From when is it happeneing ?

Did you try with a different sim card ?