Question S21 ultra brand vodafone help to debrand

Search This thread

peppegrecio

Jan 27, 2021
i just bought s21 ultra (998b) brand vodafone, i can't debrand it to install thai firmware, i tried flash with Odin with different firmware downloaded but nothing. I also tried to go back with firm vodafone. please help me find a solution

atheros93

Jun 16, 2017
Flashing diffrent firmware wont help,to get rid of all the vodafone apps and logo you need to change CSC from VOD to BTU ,i assume that you are in uk?
at the moment there is no option to change CSC on android 11 so it might take some time for a solution

peppegrecio

Jan 27, 2021
thanks for the reply, so flashing with ODIN firmware THI won't change anything? I tried, the firmware is loaded but on restart it is always VODAFONE

atheros93

Jun 16, 2017
thanks for the reply, so flashing with ODIN firmware THI won't change anything? I tried, the firmware is loaded but on restart it is always VODAFONE
yes no matter what firmware you flash you will still have vodafone logo ,because the CSC code of the phone its customized for vodafone IT (OMN),i have the same issue in UK , i treid to flash several firmware versions but the phone always show vodafone logo and vodafone apps ,so i guess we need to wait for a solution

cobra19ro

Feb 15, 2014
yes no matter what firmware you flash you will still have vodafone logo ,because the CSC code of the phone its customized for vodafone IT (OMN),i have the same issue in UK , i treid to flash several firmware versions but the phone always show vodafone logo and vodafone apps ,so i guess we need to wait for a solution
Same here, S21 Ultra on H3G Uk branding. Tried the last 2 days few different firmwares with no luck .All H3G bootlogo and apps come back after restart. Hopefully Samkey will come out with a fix for this soon.

mikey_sk

i get the issue but i find that it doesn't really matter what branding is on there if all yr network perks like wifi calling volte etc work. I got my s21 U from samsung but flatmate got his from vodafone for work and his personal 3 sim works perfectly with wifi calling etc all working.

wont be long until samkey (as said above) will be able to change csc so hang on if the vodafone logo on startup etc bothers you :)