Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
  • Dont order one from steel-beauty if you ever see it somewhere...

Saw a case (forget where I saw it) and purchased s21u and paid for expedited shipping.. they have the WORST customer service..

You wont hear anything at all and no shipping info, eta's, nothing is listed on their site (just general info) which I didn't realise until after the fact..

You ask them whats up with the order and they will just keep replying that it is shipped to allow a few more days.. They kept saying this no matter what I said..

Didn't even get a tracking until 2+ months later then the shipper they use is just as bad.. no way to contact them, emails get no response whatsoever.. there policies are just as useless.. they say it can take over a month once they receive order to even get a trackijg number then over a month to actually ship after tracking is generated or something rediculous.. then when it does ship it doesnt indicate exactly where it is as they use general terms like "arrive at airport" departed airport" "arrived at USA" so you never know exactly where it is..

Steel-beauty refused to issue a refund and cancel the order and kept saying "please allow few more days" even after 3 months then they said they cant refund now because it "shipped" already and they cant "recall" the order even tho i requested over 20 times in course of 3 months prior to it even being "shipped".. they refuse to refund me even the expedited shipping charge..

At one point they even stopping replying to me for weeks then I emailed from another email and theyvresponded then when I asked again for a full refund they said "allow few more days"..

Since they refused to refund and dragged it out so long its passed the timeframe to dispute charge with the bank even lol..

its been over 3mo and I still dont have it.. tracking justcsays "arrived at USPS facility" but doesnt say where out of probably 10s of thousands of usps offices.. not to mention its supposedly been at usps in the USA for over a month now..

its been absolutely rediculous.. 3+ mo and counting and still havent received it and this is after paying extra for expedited shipping lmao

BaltazarIX

Aug 10, 2013
    Baranowo
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Currently, I'm using Monarch by Urban Armor Gear. Buttons feeling is great, very tactile. Phone is chunkier, it's not a problem for my hands which are quite big, but I can't use the phone holder in my car. I don't considered it before buying, but I'm using my car on 1-2 weekends per month.

Maybe I'll change my phone holder, or I'll buy a thinner case for car-weekends.

BTW, the hand from pictures is not mine

20210415_213233.jpg20210415_213221.jpg

Reactions: felloffthetruck

ekerbuddyeker

I have gone round in circles on cases. I think I have probably purchased 10! The problem is that the cases make the phone so wide. For a while I went careless which is fantastic, but scary! I'm now back on switching between the Samsung OEM leather case (love it's look, by far the best looking case but slippery), the Samsung OEM clear case (down to $22 now, very grippy but fingerprint magnet) and a thin black rubber case that has cutouts for the camera lenses only, is thin and grippy but not so attractive. Actually I'm all.my years of Samsung devices this has been the hardest to find a suitable case for.

Reactions: fdomi

fdomi

I have gone round in circles on cases. I think I have probably purchased 10! The problem is that the cases make the phone so wide. For a while I went careless which is fantastic, but scary! I'm now back on switching between the Samsung OEM leather case (love it's look, by far the best looking case but slippery), the Samsung OEM clear case (down to $22 now, very grippy but fingerprint magnet) and a thin black rubber case that has cutouts for the camera lenses only, is thin and grippy but not so attractive. Actually I'm all.my years of Samsung devices this has been the hardest to find a suitable case for.
    I hear you! I have at least 8 cases or more, lost count, and the funny thing is that I ended up using the first one I bought, which I thought it would be just an emergency one (bought it on Amazon and came next day), but it turned out to be the slimmest yet protective one.

The case is Ringke Fusion:

I learned to love it after trying so many....

Attachments

• WIN_20210422_16_35_28_Pro.jpg
      WIN_20210422_16_35_28_Pro.jpg
      246.6 KB · Views: 127

felloffthetruck

• May 12, 2014
    Currently, I'm using Monarch by Urban Armor Gear. Buttons feeling is great, very tactile. Phone is chunkier, it's not a problem for my hands which are quite big, but I can't use the phone holder in my car. I don't considered it before buying, but I'm using my car on 1-2 weekends per month.

Maybe I'll change my phone holder, or I'll buy a thinner case for car-weekends.

BTW, the hand from pictures is not mine

View attachment 5286985View attachment 5286987

Love the Monarch but my black leather is a fingerprint/smudge magnet.
    My car mount is the iOttie one touch 5 and it fits all cases including the FAT Defender case.

Last edited:
    Reactions: BaltazarIX

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
    I used the UAG Monarch for two months, it's protective but it's unnecessarily bulky. It just doesn't feel comfortable in-hand. I've used UAG cases for my past few phones but I don't see myself continuing that trend,

Just switched to the Gear4 Denali and I'm super happy with it. Slim and protective. Couldn't be happier.

Reactions: BaltazarIX

BaltazarIX

Aug 10, 2013
    Baranowo
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Love the Monarch but my black leather is a fingerprint/smudge magnet.
    My car mount is the iOttie one touch 5 and it fits all cases including the FAT Defender case.
    Ok, good to know. I was hoping to get some advice, thanks!

I used the UAG Monarch for two months, it's protective but it's unnecessarily bulky. It just doesn't feel comfortable in-hand. I've used UAG cases for my past few phones but I don't see myself continuing that trend,

Just switched to the Gear4 Denali and I'm super happy with it. Slim and protective. Couldn't be happier.
    I was always using minimalistic yet protective cases, this time I wanted try something different. As I said, size don't bother me much, but I'm tempted to try other cases in the future too. There are many options, there wasn't much for my OnePlus 6 and I had to use one case for almost 3 years of ownership

jamesbilluk

Mar 12, 2019
    I've just bought an S21 Ultra, I got the official Samsung leather case in brown from Amazon, as it was on offer. Really nicely made, and feels great to use, makes the phone much less slippery!

felloffthetruck

• May 12, 2014

Does the orange D3O of the Denali leave imprint/marks on the back of the phone?
    Had the Battersea (same case) for past phones and the orange interior was always leaving imprints on the back of my phones.

H4T3M4CH1N3

• May 13, 2015
    Santiago
    I have 4 cases...

- Nillkin Camshield Pro and the regular version (With the ring)
    - Clayco Xenon
    - Poetic Spartan

Pros and cons:

Both NIllkins won't cover the edges, only the top and the bottom portion of the screen have a "lip" raised enough to ensure the phone won't be ****ed up at the first fall, lateral protection is simply not enough for the phone with these two cases.

Clayco/Poetic are a literal armor. The downside for these two is the bulkiness they add to the phone. But that's a tradeoff if you want to protect your investment.

kipue

• Sep 3, 2009
    Hong Kong
    I have just received the dbrand grip case and a skin for it, and I love it!
    It's really grippy, the quality of the material, and even the packaging is top notch!
    It's up there on par with Mous in quality in my opinion (a little cheaper, but still expensive). It's also a big case, but it's slightly less bulky than Mous.
    The buttons click well, and the interior side has that felt material, feels quite protective against falls as well.

Pictures added.
    There is a matching sticker for the camera bump, but I decided to use the "matrix" style on it (on picture as well), because I'm afraid the crazy design I chose would not play well with more "classy" cases.

My collection is big now, I'll do a round up later tomorrow maybe, while on work break :p

Attachments

• 20210427_220355.jpg
      20210427_220355.jpg
      839.7 KB · Views: 128
    • 20210427_220414.jpg
      20210427_220414.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 121
    • 20210427_220455.jpg
      20210427_220455.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 120
    • 20210427_220338.jpg
      20210427_220338.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 100
    • 20210427_220503.jpg
      20210427_220503.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 98
    • 20210427_220429.jpg
      20210427_220429.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 102
    • 20210427_220438.jpg
      20210427_220438.jpg
      994.4 KB · Views: 103
    • 20210427_220514.jpg
      20210427_220514.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 100
    • 20210427_220543.jpg
      20210427_220543.jpg
      2.2 MB · Views: 100
    • 20210427_220639.jpg
      20210427_220639.jpg
      2.2 MB · Views: 125
    Last edited:

felloffthetruck

• May 12, 2014
    I have just received the dbrand grip case and a skin for it, and I love it!
    It's really grippy, the quality of the material, and even the packaging is top notch!
    It's up there on par with Mous in quality in my opinion (a little cheaper, but still expensive). It's also a big case, but it's slightly less bulky than Mous.
    The buttons click well, and the interior side has that felt material, feels quite protective against falls as well.

Pictures added.
    There is a matching sticker for the camera bump, but I decided to use the "matrix" style on it (on picture as well), because I'm afraid the crazy design I chose would not play well with more "classy" cases.

My collection is big now, I'll do a round up later tomorrow maybe, while on work break :p

I need to break down and order the Grip case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Dbrand case with Naked skin.
      The case is Super grippy. I love it. The skins can be readily exchanged for others.
      A+
      This is the way
      Rhinoshield Case with custom printing job.
      It's the carpet pattern from "The Shining".

Nice and sturdy case.
      Mous vs Dbrand. Which is better in the looks department?

View attachment 5329651

Hate to peel my Swarm skin off the camera

View attachment 5329663
      I do love Mous (might get a second one in fact ^^), but the Dbrand Grip is better overall.
      It's more comfortable in hand, less heavy, and less bulky.

I took another style of sticker for the camera bump from dbrand that works better with more cases, because I did not want to fall in the same issue that you have ;(
      What Dbrand skin you using on the camera bump?
      Flat black?
      The black matrix, which is flat, so it does not stand out so much.
      But yes, the flat black would have been even better.
      I'll make pictures tomorrow to show the effect with various cases and you can judge.

EDIT:
      pictures attached.
      Is that design available on their site?
      No you have upload a graphic to be printed on it. Takes about 2 weeks. Here is the link:
      I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
      - cool look
      - the phone is very firmly attached to it
      - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
      - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
      - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
      - skin prone to scratching (damage)
      - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
      - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
      - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
      Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
      Hello all,
      as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
      So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
      Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
      Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
      The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
      Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
      Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
      Uploaded some youtube case reviews I was sent
      UAG
      Ringke
      Armadillotek
      Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
      20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone