Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread

kipue

• Sep 3, 2009
    Hong Kong
    How is the Grip case holding up? Have one on the way.
    Really good, no problem.
    I wish I had gotten that one first (well, equal with Mous). The feel really is great, and the grip is just strong enough for confidence.
    Sometimes goes into the pocket a little reluctantly :)

Attached photos with the phone in.

What design did you choose for the back?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 09.22.04.jpeg
      WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 09.22.04.jpeg
      276.7 KB · Views: 111
    • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 09.22.13.jpeg
      WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 09.22.13.jpeg
      296.8 KB · Views: 109
    Reactions: felloffthetruck

felloffthetruck

• May 12, 2014
    Really good, no problem.
    I wish I had gotten that one first (well, equal with Mous). The feel really is great, and the grip is just strong enough for confidence.
    Sometimes goes into the pocket a little reluctantly :)

Attached photos with the phone in.

What design did you choose for the back?

Just came in today. Got these 3 different skins.

Attachments

• IMG_0744.JPG
      IMG_0744.JPG
      3.2 MB · Views: 136

Paperdin

Feb 8, 2021
    Do you guys only buy expensive cases or do you also use aliexpress for realistic prices?
    I have 3 cases here 1 Spigen was Cheap 1 Orignal Samsung was Cheap too and now 1 Dbrand.

Dont now why i should buy aliexpress case they need to long to arrive, when they arrive.
    You have to pay Taxes maybe. The price savings are not that high.

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Ringke Fusion Clear case

Really happy with this one (I have the Phantom Silver so wanted to still see the back glass changing colors)...it's a smart design that has a ridge on the opposite corner to compensate for the camera bump, so the phone sits flat on the table.
    Thin enough too.

BTW...couldn't resist and ordered a couple of Aliexpress cheapo-felipo ones but of course, they are moving by slow boat.
    More curious to see the Nillkin one with camera cover....it was about 10$.

kipue

• Sep 3, 2009
    Hong Kong
    Do you guys only buy expensive cases or do you also use aliexpress for realistic prices?
    Hmmm, I got only fancy ones this time, just because on my previous phone (Xiaomi 9), I had to get cheap stuff as you say, simply for lack of choice.
    There is a difference in quality for the higher prices, but I have to admit that for this, or a Mous that I got, it might be really a luxury.
    True, cheap stuff might just work as well, but they are usually not to my taste and/or boring so...
    To each their own!

(And yeah, Aliexpress and such are so slow to delivery, I don't get it lol. And I say that living in Hong Kong, where Aliexpress usually shows a warehouse in ShenZhen, like 45 mins from here, or even in Hong Kong itself)

• Wow
    Reactions: babyboy3265
    Have tried AliExpress cases before (pre-pandemic) on my iPhone and OP6. It's hit or miss. Some are value for money, others are outright trash.

Over the years I've noticed something - I used the Aliexpress cases for their looks, more as a fashion accessory. But everytime I was heading out to trek or travel I'd switch over to the Spigen or the UAG for reliable protection. So for me at least, there's a place for both.

Most of the expensive ones add great protection but usually significant bulk to the phones. The AliExpress type cases on the other hand provide more choice, different designs, usually a much slimmer profile at a tenth of the cost, albeit with dicey protection.

There's a place for both I guess, if you like having multiple cases. If I had to choose only one, with the best price/performance ratio, I'd choose either a Spigen or a Ringke (among the choices available to me in my country).

Reactions: babyboy3265

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      My aliexpress carbon fibre case arrived today, definitely on par with Pitaka brand case, feels amazing in hand and protects the top and bottom portions too unlike Pitaka version. Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002052042317.html

GerwWcG.jpg

0IU72AK.jpg

f4UXesp.jpg
      Dbrand case with Naked skin.
      The case is Super grippy. I love it. The skins can be readily exchanged for others.
      A+
      This is the way
      Mous vs Dbrand. Which is better in the looks department?

View attachment 5329651

Hate to peel my Swarm skin off the camera

View attachment 5329663
      I do love Mous (might get a second one in fact ^^), but the Dbrand Grip is better overall.
      It's more comfortable in hand, less heavy, and less bulky.

I took another style of sticker for the camera bump from dbrand that works better with more cases, because I did not want to fall in the same issue that you have ;(
      What Dbrand skin you using on the camera bump?
      Flat black?
      The black matrix, which is flat, so it does not stand out so much.
      But yes, the flat black would have been even better.
      I'll make pictures tomorrow to show the effect with various cases and you can judge.

EDIT:
      pictures attached.
      Is that design available on their site?
      No you have upload a graphic to be printed on it. Takes about 2 weeks. Here is the link:
      I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
      - cool look
      - the phone is very firmly attached to it
      - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
      - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
      - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
      - skin prone to scratching (damage)
      - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
      - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
      - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
      Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
      Hello all,
      as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
      So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
      Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
      Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
      The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
      Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
      Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
      Uploaded some youtube case reviews I was sent
      UAG
      Ringke
      Armadillotek
      Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
      20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg