• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
Hey, I've tried some new skins from dBrand.
I really love the black one.
Really hate the green one, it is shiny and looks very cheap compared to their usual quality.
See pics, and excuse the dust :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_184957.jpg
    IMG_20210716_184957.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20210716_185254.jpg
    IMG_20210716_185254.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20210716_185004.jpg
    IMG_20210716_185004.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20210716_185103.jpg
    IMG_20210716_185103.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20210716_185157.jpg
    IMG_20210716_185157.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20210716_185246.jpg
    IMG_20210716_185246.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 130

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
Haha well , crap :( I ordered the green one. But I guess I'll judge it after I receive and apply it on my S21U.
To each their own!
It's not my style, but I suppose it's not so bad.
But I think we could not judge from the website, how super glossy it is.
Also the material feels much lower quality than usual, but I suppose it is the because it is shiny.
I tend to dislike this, it makes the whole look too flashy, and I prefer it to be more discreet. I guess it can be the plus for some ^^

Reactions: jericho246

forsaken82

i just got the Ghostek atomic slim and really like it. its a tiny bit slick but not bad. feels super premium on the ultra

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
i just got the Ghostek atomic slim and really like it. its a tiny bit slick but not bad. feels super premium on the ultra

Does the metal band mess with the phone's reception?

Reactions: shaolin95

tekzer0

Jan 17, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I hate every case for the S21 Ultra especially the ive seen this on Amazon with spen slots. The only tolerable one was the Poetic with kickstand and thin yet rugged armor and built in screen protector. Would love it if they made a version that doesnt make the pen live in my pocket. Would def recommend the Poetic case tho!

My dbrand black swarm grip case has been delayed at the shipper since Tuesday. I don't like leaving it unprotected. So, I saw and picked up a substitute at a kiosk in a mall. It's an X-level Earl 3 case. The top and bottom have just enough edge to let the glass protector sit about 0.5mm off the surface. And, with the little bit of leather padding on the back, it's comfortable to hold and sits level that way also. I'm not sure what the two little holes on the side are for. They don't seem to match anything on the phone. They don't harm anything, just seems strange. In my example, there is a very slight gap between the leather and the side plastic below the cameras (hard to see in the photo, but not quite flush to the edge). It's just enough that I can sometimes feel it, but it hasn't caused any problems so far. Overall, I think this case will work just fine. For less than $20, it's not a bad option until the dbrand arrives. I wonder which I will prefer once I have both. Have to wait and see.

IMG_6184.JPEG IMG_6186.JPEG IMG_6188.jpeg

My dbrand black swarm grip case has been delayed at the shipper since Tuesday. I don't like leaving it unprotected. So, I saw and picked up a substitute at a kiosk in a mall. It's an X-level Earl 3 case. The top and bottom have just enough edge to let the glass protector sit about 0.5mm off the surface. And, with the little bit of leather padding on the back, it's comfortable to hold and sits level that way also. I'm not sure what the two little holes on the side are for. They don't seem to match anything on the phone. They don't harm anything, just seems strange. In my example, there is a very slight gap between the leather and the side plastic below the cameras (hard to see in the photo, but not quite flush to the edge). It's just enough that I can sometimes feel it, but it hasn't caused any problems so far. Overall, I think this case will work just fine. For less than $20, it's not a bad option until the dbrand arrives. I wonder which I will prefer once I have both. Have to wait and see.

View attachment 5374475 View attachment 5374479 View attachment 5374483
Those two holes in the side are to pass a lanyard, in case the user wishes to attach a wrist or a neckband to the phone. Have seen it on other cases before.

Reactions: TimButterfield
I recently got myself a Nillkin Frosted Back Hard case to replace the Spigen Thin Fit case I was using. The latter was too thick for my liking and so grippy that it was difficult pushing it into and pulling it out of the pocket... damn thing would latch on to the pocket lining as if with teeth 🤦‍♂️

This hard case is waaaay slimmer than Spigen Thinfit (big misnomer) and doesn't add much bulk or weight to the phone. Very grippy in the hands while simultaneously easy to pocket. It's the closest to anaked feeling phone I've seen with a case on.

Would've liked a Pitaka or Latercase but they're not natively available in India and not worth the cost to procure from overseas, at least IMO

I know it may not offer more than basic drop protection, and any major drop may damage the phone....but I haven't dropped a phone in 10 years, so I'm willing to risk minor drops.

Attachments

• 20210731_092849.jpg
    20210731_092849.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • 20210731_092807.jpg
    20210731_092807.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75

sidepart

Nov 8, 2009
No man's land
www.thesidepart.com
I'm coming over from an S20+. And am looking for a case recommendation that might help protect the screen edges.

I had a Spigen Rugged Armor case for it. Really liked the case but while I was out camping I put the phone in my pocket, sat down in a camping chair, pulled the phone out a few minutes later and had a nasty nickel sized spiderweb crack along the edge. Best guess is that my thigh pressed the edge of the screen against the metal frame of the chair. Surprised the hell out of me, I've never cracked a phone, and in this case I hadn't even dropped the damn thing.

I'm going to try out a few cases here like I usually do. Went with a Spigen Liquid Air P, an imluckies Leather Case, the Ultra Unicorn Beetle Pro, and I might grab the OtterBox Defender.

I'm suspecting the Spigen Liquid Air will offer the same level of protection as the Rugged Armor. Not really confident about the imluckies, the Ultra Unicorn Beetle Pro looks pretty nice though, if not thick. In any case if there's another one someone might recommend that I try--one that might prevent my thick thigh from smashing the screen--I'd love to give it a shot. Also going to grab an amfilm tempered glass protector as well. I've only used film protectors in the past, but wondering if a glass one would've saved the screen here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
    - cool look
    - the phone is very firmly attached to it
    - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
    - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
    - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
    - skin prone to scratching (damage)
    - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
    - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
    - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
    Hello all,
    as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
    So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
    Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
    Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
    The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
    Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
    Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
    Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
    Uploaded some youtube case reviews I was sent
    UAG
    Ringke
    Armadillotek
    Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
    20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg