Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread

b4u2

Jan 21, 2009
Cedar Rapids
Most of the day my phone is sitting on my desk. The camera bump is terrible for laying flat. Is there a case that basically gets the device back to flat? I ordered the Spigen thin fit and it will be here in a day or so but not sure it will sit flat. The Otterbox commuter looks like it might but don't want to spend $40 on a maybe. Any help?

itsXpanD

Aug 7, 2021
the Netherlands
Most of the day my phone is sitting on my desk. The camera bump is terrible for laying flat. Is there a case that basically gets the device back to flat? I ordered the Spigen thin fit and it will be here in a day or so but not sure it will sit flat. The Otterbox commuter looks like it might but don't want to spend $40 on a maybe. Any help?

I haven't used it myself, but the Ringke Onyx looks pretty interesting -- it's a slim case with little nubs in the corners to balance it out. It's also cheap! Not sure if it stabilizes it entirely, though. Worth checking the Amazon reviews, there.

thacounty

Jun 26, 2008
Bowling Green
I have a Spigen Rugged Armor on my phone right now. It sits flat on the back. No rocking. This is the thinnest case I have found so far that will keep it from rocking.

bartjeh1991

Mar 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi all,

I am searching for a s pen case. Now i am using the spigen s pen case. Also tried samsung s pen case but those sucks. Also i tried the nilkin s pen case. But it was for the smaller s pen also the s pen on the back i didn't like. Sooo who's using a nice s pen case?

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014

The Otterbox Prefix is the thinnest case that lays nice and flat on the back. This case has become one of my favorite cases for the S21 Ultra.
pre01.jpg

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Does the DBrand case have sharp edges around the charger port? Thinking about getting one. I got my Tech21 today and not happy love the feel, BUT its loose.

Limeybastard

Okay, got in one of the cheap NTG cases in orange today. It is a blatant copy of the Otterbox Commuter case. I also have the Commuter and I like this cheapo better. The Otterbox Commuter's rubber is way to tight with my Whitestone Dome glass so I have not been using it. This one is perfect with the WSD glass. The back is slippery but there is some decent grip from the rubber edges along the sides. The fit is good and the buttons are perfect. Overall a decent case for $11.89 on Amazon. ****ATTN: The orange color is not as bright and vibrant as it shows in the pictures. More of a putrid / washed out orange color**** This was my only let down. Here are some pics:

View attachment 5341517
View attachment 5341519View attachment 5341521View attachment 5341523View attachment 5341525View attachment 5341527
Thanks for recommendation and kudo to you. Received my black one today. Really impressed. It's actually better than the Otterbox commuter since it doesn't sag near and has hard plastic support around the camera corner unlike the genuine Otterbox one. Lol.

Feels so good in hand definitely a solid 8.5 out of 10. Would have been 9.5 of the sides were more raised. Thanks.

christophe.gouss

Dec 16, 2015
It's only sold on Amazon and not even available on the Otterbox site. It is a 100% authentic Otterbox case that is only sold on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NC8K172/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Got a rhinoshield case for now because i allways end with this brand ( s9plus and s10plus ) after trying others ( tech21, incipio, gear4...)
I know you've got lots of different cases ( s10plus case thread and this thread ) so asking you seems legit.
The rhinoshield is not bad but the camera lip is not very high with the whitestone protection, I have a dome glass waiting for the screen too. The drop resistance does seem right with it's tight fit ( but not as good as on the s10plus or s9plus ) lanyard is possible and with my hands problems I prefer to have one, even thinking about a popsocket to secure even better.
Was thinking about the moos case perhaps? Better then the rhinoshield one?
The otterbox symmetry pop doesn't look bad either, but really not sure.
Which one of your collection will you recommend for me please?
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
    - cool look
    - the phone is very firmly attached to it
    - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
    - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
    - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
    - skin prone to scratching (damage)
    - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
    - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
    - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
    Hello all,
    as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
    So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
    Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
    Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
    The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
    Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
    Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
    Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
    Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
    20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg
    Uploaded some youtube case reviews I was sent
    UAG
    Ringke
    Armadillotek