Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread
As beautiful as the phone is, I ALWAYS put a case and screen protector on my phone first thing. When I took my Note 8 out of the case for trade-in promotion, it looked brand new.

This time I opted for the Camera lens protector by Spigen as well. This is my Spigen Neo-Hybrid. Rugged, pretty minimal, and attractive. Once the Bluetooth pen comes out, I'm curious what Spigen might design for it as well

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 239

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
Here's my later case I received today, I had one for my note 20 ultra, so went back to later case, love the sleek look and how thin it is and how it feels.

It is beautiful in terms of its minimalistic look. I am really interested and have looked at the website. One question.
As beautiful as the phone is, I ALWAYS put a case and screen protector on my phone first thing. When I took my Note 8 out of the case for trade-in promotion, it looked brand new.

This time I opted for the Camera lens protector by Spigen as well. This is my Spigen Neo-Hybrid. Rugged, pretty minimal, and attractive. Once the Bluetooth pen comes out, I'm curious what Spigen might design for it as well

I received that exact case today whereas since I received my phone some two weeks ago I have had the Caseology parallax. I purchased the Spigen after I thought the parallax had a little too little camera protection. The Spigen does have a bit more of that but for some reason it seems to collect more lint/other stuff around the edges after removing from my left front pocket (I vacuum my pocket daily).

Reactions: whitehawk66
It is beautiful in terms of its minimalistic look. I am really interested and have looked at the website. One question.

I received that exact case today whereas since I received my phone some two weeks ago I have had the Caseology parallax. I purchased the Spigen after I thought the parallax had a little too little camera protection. The Spigen does have a bit more of that but for some reason it seems to collect more lint/other stuff around the edges after removing from my left front pocket (I vacuum my pocket daily).

Not a speck of dust on mine, though I carry it in a jacket or vest pocket!

2003vstrom

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
Later cases are no option for me, as there is too much bad vibes involved.
I rather buy the original cases at ipitaka.com .
yeah but they don`t have a case that's exactly like the latercase that covers the bump completely, your the second person that has said that, , but a person can`t even order one from ipitaka.com, but until some can show me the "other" company has one exactly like then one I purchased, then it`s latercase all the way!

Last edited:

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
yeah but they don`t have a case that's exactly like the latercase that covers the bump completely, your the second person that has said that, , but a person can`t even order one from ipitaka.com, but until some can show me the "other" company has one exactly like then one I purchased, then it`s latercase all the way!

The case no doubt looks very attractive but clearly does not offer any drop protection. That said, with Latercase being out of Toronto, being sold by a reviewer and then I see another link from China -Aliexpress - and Pitaka - they all look the same. Edit: I was wrong. Pitaka case is different as said by you. I just looked at their site.

Reactions: 2003vstrom

2003vstrom

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
The case no doubt looks very attractive but clearly does not offer any drop protection. That said, with Latercase being out of Toronto, being sold by a reviewer and then I see another link from China -Aliexpress - and Pitaka - they all look the same. Edit: I was wrong. Pitaka case is different as said by you. I just looked at their site.
yeah I`m pretty careful with my phones and i have big meat paws and always have death grip on my phone, but yes the Latercase is different from the Pitaka cases, and I love the minimalist feel of the latercase. and I like it when I can slip it in my pocket with ez, with out all the added bulk that some case`s have.

Reactions: peterg21

felloffthetruck

• May 12, 2014
    So if this case is not good to protect your phone. Which one do you recommend?

P.s. and how did you return it? I would like to return my. It ia not came already but i would like to return

I returned it to Amazon.
    I have the UAG Plasma, Pathfinder and Monarch. All three provide decent protection for the S21 Ultra.

Reactions: 78apb

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
    Phoenix
    This is one of the first times that Ringke case has disappointed me. I got Torras non-yellowing case and so far seems pretty good. Both are clear cases which show off the phone's design vs opaque cases.

Goku1992

• Feb 29, 2016
    Dortmund
    Have received my ultimate shield in black today... Wow what a nice case :) in Black :)

Attachments

• IMG-20210213-WA0020.jpg
      IMG-20210213-WA0020.jpg
      84.6 KB · Views: 256
    • IMG-20210213-WA0022.jpg
      IMG-20210213-WA0022.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 263
    • IMG-20210213-WA0021.jpg
      IMG-20210213-WA0021.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 255
    • IMG-20210213-WA0023.jpg
      IMG-20210213-WA0023.jpg
      97.3 KB · Views: 237
    • IMG-20210213-WA0024.jpg
      IMG-20210213-WA0024.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 235
    • IMG-20210213-WA0018.jpg
      IMG-20210213-WA0018.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 231
    Reactions: felloffthetruck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Dbrand case with Naked skin.
      The case is Super grippy. I love it. The skins can be readily exchanged for others.
      A+
      This is the way
      Rhinoshield Case with custom printing job.
      It's the carpet pattern from "The Shining".

Nice and sturdy case.
      Mous vs Dbrand. Which is better in the looks department?

View attachment 5329651

Hate to peel my Swarm skin off the camera

View attachment 5329663
      I do love Mous (might get a second one in fact ^^), but the Dbrand Grip is better overall.
      It's more comfortable in hand, less heavy, and less bulky.

I took another style of sticker for the camera bump from dbrand that works better with more cases, because I did not want to fall in the same issue that you have ;(
      What Dbrand skin you using on the camera bump?
      Flat black?
      The black matrix, which is flat, so it does not stand out so much.
      But yes, the flat black would have been even better.
      I'll make pictures tomorrow to show the effect with various cases and you can judge.

EDIT:
      pictures attached.
      Is that design available on their site?
      No you have upload a graphic to be printed on it. Takes about 2 weeks. Here is the link:
      I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
      - cool look
      - the phone is very firmly attached to it
      - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
      - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
      - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
      - skin prone to scratching (damage)
      - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
      - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
      - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
      Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
      Hello all,
      as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
      So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
      Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
      Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
      The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
      Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
      Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
      Uploaded some youtube case reviews I was sent
      UAG
      Ringke
      Armadillotek
      Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
      20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone