Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread

dutch_in_seattle

Mar 7, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.dutchoutpost.us
I normally get the Speck Presidio2 Grip case for my phones, but I don't like their latest iteration. They no longer have rubbery, "sticky" grip ridges, but rather just plastic ones. Definitely a step back.
When preordering the Galaxy S21 Ultra on Samsung.com, I actually used some of the $200 of Samsung store credit to get the official Samsung silicone cover. I really like that case. It doesn't add much bulk, provides just the right "grippiness", and I also really like that it actually covers the actual camera bump (with cut-outs for the camera lenses, of course!) rather than just having one big hole there, which is what most other cases have (including the Speck Presidio2 Grip).

Reactions: brad1601

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Hi,
I received my Mous case yesterday, so here are my thoughts.
My first idea is that it is of very high standards of quality. It protects every side of the phone very well, with raised edges on top and bottom. I think it's also maybe not very screen protector friendly if the protector is a bit wide.
The plastic used is not too hard so it's grippy enough. Also the camera bump completely disappears, so no wobble at all. That's super nice.
Then, I have to say that it is VERY bulky, and the phone becomes huge. Is a plus in the way that it protects well, it's a negative in the way that yeah... it's less convenient. It's quite heavy as well, as I think that on top of thick materials, there are some magnets inside.
Talking of the inside, it is lined up with a kind of soft felt, which don't really matter, but still is nice, i guess.
The buttons are clicky, and a little on the noisy side.

All in all, I like it a lot but... Expensive choice!

Pics attached outside of the phone, will add some later with the phone inside :p

Nice, did it come in retail packaging or just the cardboard box deal?

kazlow

Mar 9, 2008
Hello all,
as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
link ? looks good

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Hello all,
as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.

Would have been nice if they made the S21 Ultra case like the iPhone 12 Pro Max with removable buttons and different colors.
I'm ordering one anyhow.

DanDroidOS

Jul 26, 2009
Southern California
dandroidos.com
Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!

Attachments

• photo_2021-02-28_18-28-12 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-02-28_18-28-12 (2).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 217
  • photo_2021-02-28_18-28-12.jpg
    photo_2021-02-28_18-28-12.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Got the Otterbox Defender Pro in today from the Best Buy sale. This Defender fits the S21 Ultra perfect, works perfect with the Whitestone Dome glass and has fantastic buttons. I don't remember past Defender cases being this nice with good buttons. Overall a great feeling rugged case for your S21 Ultra.
Here are a few pics:

def01.jpg
def02.jpg
def03.jpg
def04.jpg
def05.jpg
def06.jpg

Reactions: Roscopcoletrain

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Otterbox Commuter in today for the S21 Ultra. Decent feeling case with good grip, fantastic buttons and a nice fit to the phone. This case works with the Whitestone Dome glass but it is super close to the top and bottom of the glass. I don't like that the case goes over the actual edges of the camera hump and that round open part on the inside silicone. Worry these areas could cause damage to the phones finish over time.
Here are a couple pics:

****CLICK THIS SPOILER SHOTS BUTTON TO SEE MY PICTURES****

com01.jpg
com02.jpg
com03.jpg
com04.jpg
com05.jpg
com06.jpg

Last edited:

TORQUERULES

Dec 6, 2010
West Virginia
I have a Pitaka Air case if anyone wants it for $20 and you pay shipping. I live in the U.S. btw. It is beautiful and high quality, but I was expecting more of a lip around the screen and there is none. It is new in the box. PM me if you would like it.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Got a cheap Rinke one at the moment, cost around £7. Planning on replacing it with one that supports an S-Pen when I get around to buying one, but at £30 I'm in no rush. Don't like the Samsung cases that support the pen, or the Spigen so I'm waiting until other case manufacturers to join in.

Last edited:

TheAddam

Mar 23, 2021
Hello everyone, sorry for long post!
I've read thru this thread and seen all of your great cases and recommendations! So many of them looks so slick, however, i work as an electrician on large construction sites. This means that my phone won't survive with just any case, dust from drilling in concrete and plaster and such destroyed my last phone pretty good! It truly get in everywhere, even between the case and the screen and clogs ports!
I bought a case from aliexpress with built in screen protector, the kind of case you screw together, it even has dust mesh covering all ports. But the case has terrible quality, the rubber block over the charging port falls out on its own, the built in screen protector feels like normal window type glass and creates rainbow streaks all over, and fingerprint doesn't work...

Does anyone have recommendations for a solid water/dustproof case either with built in protector or room to add one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do the left and right edges go higher than the screen? Like the UAG pathfinder and monarch.

They are little higher and that's with the Whitestone Dome glass installed. If you click that "Spoiler Alert" some Mod put on my post you can see the pictures.
    I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
    - cool look
    - the phone is very firmly attached to it
    - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
    - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
    - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
    - skin prone to scratching (damage)
    - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
    - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
    - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
    Hello all,

See pictures attached.
    Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
    Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
    20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg
    Uploaded some youtube case reviews I was sent
    UAG
    Ringke
    Armadillotek
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone