Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread

TheAddam

Mar 23, 2021
I haven't put a TON of mileage on it yet, but the Otterbox Defender Pro was a lot nicer than I expected it to be as far as tolerable feel and size, definitely has solid protection. Dust cover over the USB port is nicely done, wireless charging works if you use that.
The 21U is ip68 dust and water protected, so as long as you hit it with some compressed air every now and then you shouldn't get terribly clogged ports and at least the internals are protected.

As far as screen protection I just use a standalone tempered glass one, I tried the Amfilm ones and the install just wouldn't work out to my satisfaction as far as being centered and the glue absolutely refused to spread to the bottom left corner, so I I some Whitestone film protectors, every single one from the 3 pack peeled off with the final step in one spot or another, and then I got the Whitestone tempered glass and it installed nearly flawlessly the first time, only a hairs width off center with the selfie-cam, fingerprint works, feels great, looks sleek, no issues with my PHNX MNML or the Otterbox.
I've actually been looking at that one, but i haven't gotten a good look at the dust/water sealing for the ports and speakers/mics! Dust gets in everywhere and it's not so much that i can't blow it out of the ports, it's more that it gets inside the case and rubs in between the case and the phone and scratches and rubs of the paint and scratcges the glass areas! Would you mind terribly to upload a few photos both from the inside and outside on the top and bottom of the case?

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
I've actually been looking at that one, but i haven't gotten a good look at the dust/water sealing for the ports and speakers/mics! Dust gets in everywhere and it's not so much that i can't blow it out of the ports, it's more that it gets inside the case and rubs in between the case and the phone and scratches and rubs of the paint and scratcges the glass areas! Would you mind terribly to upload a few photos both from the inside and outside on the top and bottom of the case?

Maybe Lifeproof FRE or Catalyst will make a sealed case for the S21 line of phones?

DownTheCross

Feb 23, 2010
No problem, there's not really any specific dust filters or anything unfortunately, but the holes are pretty deep and the rubber seems like it'd stop more than would slip by, I haven't had any dust or particulate get inside the case when I've been using it, but I haven't really gotten out to really put it through some rough stuff. 20210323_222030.jpg20210323_222042.jpg20210323_222051.jpg20210323_222110.jpg

20210323_222159.jpg

The stuff you can see in it is just from having it laying out because I forgot to put it up the last time I took it off lol

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
Hello everyone, sorry for long post!
I've read thru this thread and seen all of your great cases and recommendations! So many of them looks so slick, however, i work as an electrician on large construction sites. This means that my phone won't survive with just any case, dust from drilling in concrete and plaster and such destroyed my last phone pretty good! It truly get in everywhere, even between the case and the screen and clogs ports!
I bought a case from aliexpress with built in screen protector, the kind of case you screw together, it even has dust mesh covering all ports. But the case has terrible quality, the rubber block over the charging port falls out on its own, the built in screen protector feels like normal window type glass and creates rainbow streaks all over, and fingerprint doesn't work...

Does anyone have recommendations for a solid water/dustproof case either with built in protector or room to add one?

How about sticking some clear tape or something similar on the edges and the back?
Adhesive tape can leave residues after a while, but surely there should be something out there that is specialized to counter this issue?
It would not be visible with the case on and then easy to take of I expect.

TheAddam

Mar 23, 2021
No problem, there's not really any specific dust filters or anything unfortunately, but the holes are pretty deep and the rubber seems like it'd stop more than would slip by, I haven't had any dust or particulate get inside the case when I've been using it, but I haven't really gotten out to really put it through some rough stuff. View attachment 5258379View attachment 5258381View attachment 5258383View attachment 5258385

View attachment 5258387

The stuff you can see in it is just from having it laying out because I forgot to put it up the last time I took it off lol
Thank you very much! More detailed photos than the creator managed to take themselves! The case looks nice and sturdy! But the lack of anything cover the majority of the ports leads me to believe that the case itself isn't waterproof at all but solely relies on the phones own ip rating, a bit of a bummer!

TheAddam

Mar 23, 2021
How about sticking some clear tape or something similar on the edges and the back?
Adhesive tape can leave residues after a while, but surely there should be something out there that is specialized to counter this issue?
It would not be visible with the case on and then easy to take of I expect.
That's... That's actually not a bad idea! Perhaps even one of those wrap style coverings could be paired with a waterproof case! Thanks for the tip!

steveroysston

Mar 30, 2021
I'm able to find only bulky cases in the market. Already this phone is heavy, I don't want add more weight. Any recommendations?

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
I'm able to find only bulky cases in the market. Already this phone is heavy, I don't want add more weight. Any recommendations?
A bit thick but to me the best balance is Rhinoshield. Adds some bulk, but not too much weight.
Below that, I found is Spigen Liquid air (I think that's the name). They are good material, light, add a little grip and have just enough protection for screen and all around.
Then you have Pitaka, cannot do lighter, and might as well use a Dbrand skin, it's just a little more protection than that. Also, VERY expensive for what you get :)

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Dont order one from steel-beauty if you ever see it somewhere...

Saw a case (forget where I saw it) and purchased s21u and paid for expedited shipping.. they have the WORST customer service..

You wont hear anything at all and no shipping info, eta's, nothing is listed on their site (just general info) which I didn't realise until after the fact..

You ask them whats up with the order and they will just keep replying that it is shipped to allow a few more days.. They kept saying this no matter what I said..

Didn't even get a tracking until 2+ months later then the shipper they use is just as bad.. no way to contact them, emails get no response whatsoever.. there policies are just as useless.. they say it can take over a month once they receive order to even get a trackijg number then over a month to actually ship after tracking is generated or something rediculous.. then when it does ship it doesnt indicate exactly where it is as they use general terms like "arrive at airport" departed airport" "arrived at USA" so you never know exactly where it is..

Steel-beauty refused to issue a refund and cancel the order and kept saying "please allow few more days" even after 3 months then they said they cant refund now because it "shipped" already and they cant "recall" the order even tho i requested over 20 times in course of 3 months prior to it even being "shipped".. they refuse to refund me even the expedited shipping charge..

At one point they even stopping replying to me for weeks then I emailed from another email and theyvresponded then when I asked again for a full refund they said "allow few more days"..

Since they refused to refund and dragged it out so long its passed the timeframe to dispute charge with the bank even lol..

its been over 3mo and I still dont have it.. tracking justcsays "arrived at USPS facility" but doesnt say where out of probably 10s of thousands of usps offices.. not to mention its supposedly been at usps in the USA for over a month now..

its been absolutely rediculous.. 3+ mo and counting and still havent received it and this is after paying extra for expedited shipping lmao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
    - cool look
    - the phone is very firmly attached to it
    - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
    - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
    - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
    - skin prone to scratching (damage)
    - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
    - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
    - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
    Hello all,
    as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
    So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
    Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
    Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
    The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
    Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
    Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
    Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
    Got the UAG Monarch Series carbon fiber case for my S21 Ultra. Now just waiting on my phone lol
    Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
    20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg