Accessories S21 Ultra Case Recommendations

Search This thread

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
I have read through this thread. I am specifically looking for a case that has a belt clip and allows wireless charging. It looks like the otterbox defender series pro fits all of my criteria but almost $60 for a case is a bit much. Any other suggestions?
Look on Amazon for Encased Rebel and they also have a belt clip for their cases.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I've just bought one of the generic cases which includes an S-Pen slot on the back. Quality is decent and, although getting the S-Pen in and out is a bit difficult due to the elastic fabric being brand new, it seems a good purchase. Got it on eBay from China for the equivelavnt of about £6 with free postage. There are some here in the UK with faster postage but the mark up is significant.

Attachments

• IMG-20210513-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210513-WA0001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG-20210513-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210513-WA0004.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG-20210513-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210513-WA0003.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: felloffthetruck

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If your looking for a minimalistic case that still gives protection and shows
Off your phone i recommend the armadillo tech r case found here on
Amazon

It is nicely designed. Has easy to use buttons and I just love it

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Mous vs Dbrand. Which is better in the looks department?

mous01.jpg

Hate to peel my Swarm skin off the camera

mous03.jpg

Last edited:

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
Mous vs Dbrand. Which is better in the looks department?

View attachment 5329651

Hate to peel my Swarm skin off the camera

View attachment 5329663
I do love Mous (might get a second one in fact ^^), but the Dbrand Grip is better overall.
It's more comfortable in hand, less heavy, and less bulky.

I took another style of sticker for the camera bump from dbrand that works better with more cases, because I did not want to fall in the same issue that you have ;(

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
I do love Mous (might get a second one in fact ^^), but the Dbrand Grip is better overall.
It's more comfortable in hand, less heavy, and less bulky.

I took another style of sticker for the camera bump from dbrand that works better with more cases, because I did not want to fall in the same issue that you have ;(

What Dbrand skin you using on the camera bump?
Flat black?

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
What Dbrand skin you using on the camera bump?
Flat black?
The black matrix, which is flat, so it does not stand out so much.
But yes, the flat black would have been even better.
I'll make pictures tomorrow to show the effect with various cases and you can judge.

EDIT:
pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20210606_120625.jpg
    IMG_20210606_120625.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20210606_120717.jpg
    IMG_20210606_120717.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20210606_120838.jpg
    IMG_20210606_120838.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20210606_120806.jpg
    IMG_20210606_120806.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
The black matrix, which is flat, so it does not stand out so much.
But yes, the flat black would have been even better.
I'll make pictures tomorrow to show the effect with various cases and you can judge.

EDIT:
pictures attached.

Thanks for the pics. Yea, the Matrix does not look too bad at all with different cases.

What is your favorite case so far for the S21 Ultra?

How's that Solidsuit?

Joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
I was going t obuy it, however no screen lips are big nono for me, too afraid of it...

So I was looking for thinnest case which would not be made from "soft" material and could not find anything better than Latercase so I have ordered it 🙃 I hope it is worth the extra price as currently got spigen hybrid and it is great case but phone is so heavy, so massive and screen lips are so sick that it completely lost "premium" look.

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
Thanks for the pics. Yea, the Matrix does not look too bad at all with different cases.

What is your favorite case so far for the S21 Ultra?

How's that Solidsuit?
Yes, I chose this because it's not totally boring with a bit of pattern, but still works with everything... I tried to use the matching sticker for the dbrand case (so, white with pattern), and it looks great WITH the case, but out of place with other ones.

For now, I'd say the dbrand is the best all rounder. I love the feel, the grip and how it does not add so much weight/bulk.
Close second is Mous, because they look so damn good :)
When I don't mind a bit of stress, I take out Pitaka (it won't protect anything on a drop), but damn it's expensive for how much stuff you get... Welcome to the world of women lingerie, where the smallest it gets, the most expensive it is ^^

The Solid Suit is cool, but the plastic is a little hard and for that reason slippery. On the other hand, it's lighter and less bulky, while I feel confident on accidental drop. On a huge phone like this, it is a bonus. Also, I question the actual material they use as decoration on the back. I suspect the "carbon fiber" on the back is actually a thick sticker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got Samsung Leather Cover

Pros:
    - cool look
    - the phone is very firmly attached to it
    - does not enlarge the dimensions of the phone too much
    - protects the island with cameras well

Cons:
    - it doesn't stick out too much from the screen side, so it's a bit dangerous to put the screen down
    - skin prone to scratching (damage)
    - the phone sways a little when you put its back down
    - it's hard to take it off the phone, I'm afraid that I will damage it when I will try to remove the phone from it
    - it holds in the hand on average, but still a bit better than a bare phone

Tomorrow will try Ringke Onyx.
    Hello all,
    as promised, here are my thoughts on the cases I got and that I have not seen talked about here yet.
    So today I received the "Rhinoshield Solid Suit".
    Looks - I like it. It's quite simple and elegant. I chose the carbon style. To me, it is what I look for in cases.
    Fit - Really good, the case is really snug on there and will not move. You have to really want the phone out.
    The ports work well with all the cables I could try.
    Protection - I feel confident that it offers a good protection. It's very thick (a bit much maybe, makes a huge phone really huge :D). There are raised lips on top and bottom, but they are on even level to the center of the screen on the sides. The camera array is well protected, and now the phone won't wobble so much when put on its back. A good plus in my book.
    Feel - This is where I would say this is a good case, but not great. The plastic on the sides is actually quite hard and does not offer the good grip of more soft plastics. The buttons are very tactile, but don't click too loudly, so a good plus there. Also, the carbon part is quite soft, it has a good texture, that does not catch fingerprints, but I'm unsure if it's a sticker?

Overall - Good case, good protection and feel. But it's not so grippy, so minus points here. Probably a bit expensive and middle of the road in my opinion!

See pictures attached.
    Just got my Pitaka Air with the 6ooD carbon fiber:) Love their cases!
    Got the UAG Monarch Series carbon fiber case for my S21 Ultra. Now just waiting on my phone lol
    Spigen Liquid Crystal on S21 Ultra Phantom Silver:

20210210_113134.jpg 20210210_113147.jpg 20210210_113202.jpg 20210210_113213.jpg
    20210210_113236.jpg 20210210_113248.jpg 20210210_113324.jpg