How To Guide S21 Ultra Debloat

Search This thread

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
Found a couple of handy articles listing most of the bloat packages in Galaxy phones:

How to Remove Samsung Galaxy S20 Bloatware? - KrispiTech

more tips and ready to use scripts:

Last edited:

johnp357

Jan 14, 2012
does any one know if these lists to debloat are broken down into usable groups to warn if you intend to use a certain a certain application , eg samsung pay you cannot remove the following items, etc. I've had issues in the past that removing a few items caused others to malfunction. i just don't want to get debloat happy and cause kept items to fail.

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
does any one know if these lists to debloat are broken down into usable groups to warn if you intend to use a certain a certain application , eg samsung pay you cannot remove the following items, etc. I've had issues in the past that removing a few items caused others to malfunction. i just don't want to get debloat happy and cause kept items to fail.

Ppl have different priorities, a relevant app for someone might be disregarded by others so you have to do it on your own. Best way to find out is to google the entire package name "com.xxxx.xxxxx.etc..." and look for the answers.

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
Wouldn't it be nice if Samsung acted like a respectable manufacturer and not some back alley pimp?
It's not like these junk filled phones are cheap.

I know I have bought package disabler pro something like twice. With my S21 ultra (which I decided to keep - pathetic me) has anybody had experience with using it with Android 11? I don't want to throw money at them again although it has worked well in the past.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    I know I have bought package disabler pro something like twice. With my S21 ultra (which I decided to keep - pathetic me) has anybody had experience with using it with Android 11? I don't want to throw money at them again although it has worked well in the past.

I'm running a 10+/Pie. This is the one I've been using for years with no issues.

Reactions: peterg21

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm running a 10+/Pie. This is the one I've been using for years with no issues.

OK. That is the one I have seen outside the play store but was somewhat reticent to buy. But not expensive - not going to bankrupt me - so let me try this. Thanks (for the moment :))

Last edited:
    Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    All appears fine as before with this app. Disabled what I normally disable. Let's see how this works out.

It's a very useful app. It allows you to set a widget that when an entry is checked it will toggle the apk(s) on/off by touching the widget
    Uses very little battery. Runs clean and stable.

Something else unique about it is for troubleshooting when you clear an apk's data it leaves no nulls (presumably) behind.
    It can completely clear a system apk's data that clearing the data in Settings will not.
    That saved me a reload once and also allowed me to isolate the system apk that was causing the issue.

Reactions: peterg21

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    My Verizon branded hardly had anything on it out of the box. The second it hit the internet I got about 15 games and a ton of crap out of the blue. :mad:

What is Verizon calling that DT ignite app now? I can't find it.

Package block Verizon updates. That's what I do with my AT&T 10+ variant.
    It continues to run fast and happily on Pie.
    Not missing Q one little bit or using excessive bits to get a file opened!

My Verizon branded hardly had anything on it out of the box. The second it hit the internet I got about 15 games and a ton of crap out of the blue. :mad:

What is Verizon calling that DT ignite app now? I can't find it.

Have you disabled Verizon App Manager within the settings. I had the same issue you did. From Google-ing around, I found that this app can install apps without your permission (according to reddit)

Reactions: felloffthetruck

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Yes, just found it and disabled it.

If you don't disable updates Verizon can alter your firmware as they see fit.
    Verizon like AT&T are partnered with Samsung, let that stink in for a few seconds.
    Verizon gives active input to firmware updates from Samsung. To the point were the interface may be quite different from a stock Samsung... and not necessarily for the better.
    The last updates are usually the worst; been there, done that.
    Not taking that ride again🤣

kazlow

Mar 9, 2008

i just purchased it but am scared id disable something and mess **** up. is there a tutorial somewhere where it shows what to disable and what to keep in order to things to run smooth aswell. ty

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    i just purchased it but am scared id disable something and mess **** up. is there a tutorial somewhere where it shows what to disable and what to keep in order to things to run smooth aswell. ty

What works for one person may not work for another as there many variants of the same model.
    It's best if you try to learn what the apk you're disabling does. Some have dependencies.
    Some will boot loop the device if not able to run on boot up. I'm also using Karma Firewall so sometimes instead of disabling an apk I simply firewall block it to retain better functionality and ease of use. I have no easy solution that fits all. Learn by doing.

You should always be ready to do a reload with all critical your data backed up.
    It's rarely needed but it can be needed at any moment with little or no warning.
    That said I've never crashed an OS using a package disabler however your results may vary🤣
    I use my SD card as a data drive. I can do a full restore anywhere, anytime with little or no internet connection in about 2 hours.
    Without an SD card your backup alternatives are less attractive...

Reactions: pyrolad

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone